custom made shell extetion for additional battery pack...

dettes

Hi there,

after composing an EUC with bluetooth contoller and 500 W motor from microworks (and some other parts), I have had the problem to integrate an additional battery in the shell:

first there was just space for even one battery pack.

But with just one battery it was always a little bit dangerous to go up hills: the load of the battery goes very fast down from 4 LED´s (full) to 1 or 0 LED`s (empty). When I stop for a while, the battery load came up again - to the "right" level...

After some first experiments with an second battery (which even solved the Problem!)  in a "back-pack-case", I build an shell extension made of steel.

The original handle need to be cutted, and then there was enough space for up to two additional battery packs. The packs are connected with Y-wires for discarge; the carging wires are all connected to the charging socket.

I think it is importand to load all batterys on the same charging Level, before tey are connected via Y-wires, because ohterwise they Charge / discarge each other up /down to a common Level. I am not shure, but maybe this create Problems, when the charging Level is too different in the battery´s...

Whatever: I am finaly happy with the result - and like to share with you.

Best regards from Germany

-dettes-

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

That's a really nice mod there :)

41 minutes ago, dettes said:

I think it is importand to load all batterys on the same charging Level, before tey are connected via Y-wires, because ohterwise they Charge / discarge each other up /down to a common Level. I am not shure, but maybe this create Problems, when the charging Level is too different in the battery´s...

Yes, the batteries definitely should be charged to as close to the same voltage as possible, before connecting them together. If there's a large voltage difference, the charging current between the packs can get really large, and the packs will begin to heat up, as they're the largest resistance in the circuit (to my understanding, pretty much all excess power caused by the voltage drop over the packs will turn into heat in the cells / BMS).

Hello there,

thanks for your Reply.

I´ll add an key switch these days; just to keep the EUC away from People who don´t able to ride it.

The switch was just around 4 € - so not a big thing. I know that this will not protect the EUC from thief´s, but you can stop unallowed use like this,

The key lock what I buy has the possibility to take away the key when it is locked and unlocked. Installed in line with the switch for on / off it is not required to insert the key again when you just like to reset the EUC.

Will place some pic´s here, when it is done... ;o)

Have a nice day,

dettes

Archived