Callibration problems

GrantB

Hi guys,

I purchased a hoverboard for my daughter for xmas Nov 24th 2015 to make sure it arrived in time for xmas all was well for a week it stopped working so I googled the problem and there was an easy fix it needed re-calibrating and was easy enough to do without bothering the seller gave it back to my daughter and all was fine till 3 weeks ago it ceased to work completely the problem was different.

When I switch the board on it says "the bluetooth device is ready to pair" as normal, the front blue LEDs are on and constant the lights in the center top of the board are both on and green and constant the board does nothing though.

so I contacted the seller and they sent an email saying it needed re-calibrating I explained I had tried it many times but nothing had changed the reply was the same advice to re-calibrate, every time I contacted to and fro they just gave me the same advice I asked if there was a number I could phone to talk to a technician for advice 3 times and again got the same advice now they have not communicated anything back to my last 9 emails and I am very frustrated I have never given bad feedback or received it I am at my wits end I have spoken to ebay customer support they said PayPal would refund me I phoned them and they said they could't but my bank could so I phoned them and they said they could not as it was not faulty when it arrived does anybody know how I can repair this myself Please my daughter is doing my head in lol.

Thanks in advance

Grant

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Grant, not sure if we have the same hoverboard, or how to calibrate it, but we experienced this issue with my sons hoverboard too. To fix it, I turned the hoverboard on, and then pressed and held down the power button for a few seconds. Once I let go of the button, I turned it off and back on and it worked again. Not sure if you tried this or not, but if I remember correctly, I tried it a couple times before reaching any success. Hope this helps. 

Hi Tarabobara,

Thanks for your post I have tried this on more than 50 occasions as it had happened before the difference with this time is when the board needed re-callibrating the circular led went red when it was out of callibration however this time both lights are green.

Archived