Ninebot one shutoff

Jeko

Now I'm afraid to drive it ... I set the guide to 0, was when I fell to 2, may depend on it ?!

the charge level was about 50%, many said they depended on the lesser charge, but it is not possible that if I have a low charge, the risk of falling for this.

it is not right to risk falling if the battery is at 45% ... it's not fair in my opinion.

It's better remove Mode 2 and return to the mode 0? 0 is more safer?

You have probably overleaned.

I never used the 0 setting when i was new as it was very responsive. I gradually made that adjustment as i got better.

Does it work now? If not the motherboard/battery probably is fried.

I know that some brands have problems when battery is low but i have driven many km with ninebot c+ (on low battery) and it has never shut down on me.

Yes, now working, and all is good...but now I'm not trust on my ninebot, because I'm afraid it's happen again.

today I try to set the 3 ride mode, my firmware is 1.3.5 the last.

Could you ride after the accident? Then it was most likely you overleaning/some incline or some "bump/uneveness" so that the 9bot was not able  to balance you anymore, if you had to put the wheel on the charger/disconnect batteries to restart it, you had a "real" shutoff.

And the lower the battery charge is, the less couraged one should be driving...

ps.: hope you are fine physically after the shutoff, whatever caused it!

11 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Could you ride after the accident? Then it was most likely you overleaning/some incline or some "bump/uneveness" so that the 9bot was not able  to balance you anymore, if you had to put the wheel on the charger/disconnect batteries to restart it, you had a "real" shutoff.

And the lower the battery charge is, the less couraged one should be driving...

ps.: hope you are fine physically after the shutoff, whatever caused it!

after the incident began making "beep beep" many times, with red LEDs lit, I've turned off, then on again and remounted on the way home. When I. I did rise a strong acceleration, the road was flat, but ninebot one went forward as if he had not the gyroscope.

1 hour ago, Jeko said:

after the incident began making "beep beep" many times, with red LEDs lit, I've turned off, then on again and remounted on the way home. When I. I did rise a strong acceleration, the road was flat, but ninebot one went forward as if he had not the gyroscope.

When it beeped after the incident, it is a normal reaction telling the Ninebot has fallen and is not in alignment. These Ninebot units can be easily over leaned by heavy people. Just be gentle in acceleration and always wear protective gear. One more thing. Could you please check if your Ninebot is properly calibrated? If not, then please see below link. Un-calibrated units tend to tilt forward when making sudden acceleration and tight turns.

I have had mine conk out at 50% battery for no apparent reason and with no warning

I was using the same bit of road to practice going up and down, then splat.

At 30% battery  the thing is pretty much unrideable.

I put this down to the cold weather and the bms.

Batteries hate cold

I haven't had issues since, because I regard 50% as empty.

I am also going to get a battery from https://www.facebook.com/1radwerkstatt/

Slightly bigger, better quality  and less exaggerated battery performance.

I don't have a sensible/any  response from Ninebot re this issue.

However I am still using it ;-)

Jer

17 hours ago, SlowMo said:

When it beeped after the incident, it is a normal reaction telling the Ninebot has fallen and is not in alignment. These Ninebot units can be easily over leaned by heavy people. Just be gentle in acceleration and always wear protective gear. One more thing. Could you please check if your Ninebot is properly calibrated? If not, then please see below link. Un-calibrated units tend to tilt forward when making sudden acceleration and tight turns.

Thank you for the video!!

9 hours ago, One said:

@Jeko It would be great if you could tell us your weight because this would help us to estimate correctly what happened.

my weight is around 75/80 kg

what about the riding setting?! It's better if i set it to 3? Now is 0. When I fall 2... I don't know if this is should help me.

I did about 70 km,

one time I drive under a little rain, bad weather with soft rain for about...10 minutes or less.

When I come back at home I check the battery for see if have some problems like the image!

I thought Ninebot one don't had this problem (BMS)

for now I ride without problem, the battery is always around 80% 100% riding mode 0.

can happen again this problem in your opinion?

15 minutes ago, Jeko said:

I did about 70 km,

one time I drive under a little rain, bad weather with soft rain for about...10 minutes or less.

I thought Ninebot one don't had this problem (BMS)

for now I ride without problem, the battery is always around 80% 100% riding mode 0.

can happen again this problem in your opinion?

BMS (battery management system) can shut down the power if there is any battery related problem - be it shortcut, damage of cells or too much current being drawn etc.

As long as there is single points of failure both in battery and controller you can never be too sure..

By the way, what firmware version you have? 1.2.6 and 1.29 direclty dangerous!!! Update your 9b1 immediately If you have one of those versions.

Firmware 1.3.5

when i fall, the wheel go in front, like he lost the gyro, the battery was around 45%, i made an aggressive acceleration, and I fall in front of, when I come back to see the damage on the Ninebot, the Ninebot was in alarm (red led and beep beep sound)

i come back at home with the Ninebot but very low velocity...

Today, when I come back at home I'll check the battery for see if have some damage, I hope don't happened anymore -.-"

6 hours ago, Vik's said:

@Jeko Hmm.. Sounds like you did overlean your 9b1 and it gave you that "warning tilting" as described here: The Tiltback Feels Extreme, but you continued to push the limits...

the platform it is not moved back, anyone tiltback, I was almost stopped, I had just done a reversal of 180 degrees, I accelerated sharply and fell forward.

On 9 marzo 2016 at 9:44 AM, Vik's said:

@Jeko, What mileage you got? Did you ride your 9b1 in the rainy/ bad weather?

Have you tried to open up your 9b1? Just to see if there is signs of water or maybe some other visual things , like battery pack outer layer damage.

That accident could be a result of BMS protection.

Today I did this mod, I hope can help me and I hope the problem does not happen again

Archived