My new MCM4 Got a strange noise .Help please!

13 hours ago, Toqueyo said:

Hi,

thanks everyone for all suggestions

at this time wheel is in a technical service. 

Techician told me that the problem is inside motor. I told seller and he offered to send a new motor and a trolley bar for

compensate the mistake.

do you think that is enough?i think is not enough, technician time is really expensive.

i have opened a dispute in aliexpress explaining this serious problem and added the video as a proff.

Now waiting his reply

I will tell you news asap

If you want a good wheel, you accept the engine.

If you want the money to open a dispute Aliespresss,

i think hiring a technician was your own risk, from the discussion here it was already quite clear that the motor was a problem. i'd accept the new motor, these issues are a tradeoff risk when buying directly from china instead of buying from a more expensive local distributor, which would have provided a better after sales service (in theory at least)

Finally I opened dispute as some members recomended me because noise is still there and seller insist noise is the inflation valve hitting the case. I told him noise is not valve hitting,is coming from inside the wheel. He said ok, open it and show me that this noise is not the valve hitting, then I recorded the video that I upload few posts before to demonstrate seller that issue is coming from inside wheel.

At the time of opening the dispute the seller has accused me of lying. He says that I have broken the motor, when I never said or known that the fault is in the motor. I just said that the noise was coming from the inside and not the valve of inflation hitting the case as insisted once again the seller.  If seller offers me a new motor, and I do not know if the fault is the motor, he's admitting that my wheel motor has a problem, don't you think?

I don't want money from the seller, I just want a wheel that works fine.. every day I am more angry and disappointed. I hope that the seller understands that is wrong and that his wheel have a problem that must be resolved if he wants to continue maintanting his good post sale service.

at this point, what you think should do now?

•  

32 minutes ago, Toqueyo said:

Finally I opened dispute as some members recomended me because noise is still there and seller insist noise is the inflation valve hitting the case. I told him noise is not valve hitting,is coming from inside the wheel. He said ok, open it and show me that this noise is not the valve hitting, then I recorded the video that I upload few posts before to demonstrate seller that issue is coming from inside wheel.

At the time of opening the dispute the seller has accused me of lying. He says that I have broken the motor, when I never said or known that the fault is in the motor. I just said that the noise was coming from the inside and not the valve of inflation hitting the case as insisted once again the seller.  If seller offers me a new motor, and I do not know if the fault is the motor, he's admitting that my wheel motor has a problem, don't you think?

I don't want money from the seller, I just want a wheel that works fine.. every day I am more angry and disappointed. I hope that the seller understands that is wrong and that his wheel have a problem that must be resolved if he wants to continue maintanting his good post sale service.

If the seller is still offering to send a new motor (free of charge), I'd take it. That, or full (or something like 80% or more) refund, getting a motor separately can be costly, I've looked for EUC motors in Aliexpress, and they usually are 100+€ + about another hundred for shipping (as they're large & heavy), no free shipping options available. Of course it requires some work to replace, but usually it shouldn't be much more than dismantling the wheel, replacing the motor and getting the wires (hall-sensors & phases) right. Better test it before closing up, to make sure the wiring is right... ;)

If you don't feel like changing the motor yourself, and don't know anyone who could do it for you, I'd suggest trying to get a full refund for faulty product.

16 hours ago, Toqueyo said:

•  

Ask for the new engine!  And wheel good. :)

The old engine, you open.   Let's see what's inside!   It may not be a serious mistake, and there will be a new reserve wheel  !  AAAAND you will be happy.

HI eveyone!

Finally today seller told me he will send a new motor.First he commented me in the order message center, then he promised me in the dispute window.

Do I trust the seller if he has written it in the window of disputes? He now asks me to close the dispute. I expect that the new engine reaches me first, check it if it works right and then cancel the dispute? or if he has written it in the window of dispute is enough to trust him?

2 hours ago, Toqueyo said:

HI eveyone!

Finally today seller told me he will send a new motor.First he commented me in the order message center, then he promised me in the dispute window.

Do I trust the seller if he has written it in the window of disputes? He now asks me to close the dispute. I expect that the new engine reaches me first, check it if it works right and then cancel the dispute? or if he has written it in the window of dispute is enough to trust him?

Do not close the debate, wait until the engine arrives!   So secure good final . 

Hey @Toqueyo, any updates? Have you got a track number for your replacement?

I'm in similar situation like you but with King Song brand...you can see here:

Looks to me you were very right in one of your posts that the unicycle producers expand their production but decrease the quality and overall are getting sloppy.

And GotWay and KingSong are from the most praised brands!

May you tell us who is your seller? You do not need to hide him, I think, that's why are the forums.

Hello everyone. I am new on this too.

I just bought a new MCM4 EU from Aliexpress.

When I start the riding, when a brake or I go slowly, it makes a sound like Crrr...Crrr.

Is not the friction sound made by the rubber on the ground, but I feel is something inside the engine. It also trembles. 

Please, tell me if it is normal. Do you have the same sound on yours?

My seller tells me it is the usual sound.

I have one week left to open a debate if something is wrong.

MCM4 SOUND Crrrr 1.mp4

And. Because I am a beginner, I did this balancing moving, forward and backward, for about 5 minutes to get use to it. After this 5 minutes, it started the alarm beeping because the device was very hot. Is it usual to heat like this? Is it because is not a regular moving and involves breaking a lot of times? 

2 hours ago, Andrei said:

And. Because I am a beginner, I did this balancing moving, forward and backward, for about 5 minutes to get use to it. After this 5 minutes, it started the alarm beeping because the device was very hot. Is it usual to heat like this? Is it because is not a regular moving and involves breaking a lot of times? 

It is called idling. If it is done with rapid back and forth movements, it causes to motor and mainboard to overheat and sometimes burn.

Hello Andrei, welcome to the forum :)

The uploaded video is too short for me to give you opinion. It might be good idea to make prolonged test in different modes including when the wheel is turned off - spin the tire by your hand.

Make sure also the shell of the EUC is clean and no objects are rubbing the tire.

May I ask you where are you from?

After this 5 minutes, it started the alarm beeping because the device was very hot.

Well, I've been doing idling many times with my generic wheel for 20-30 minutes and it did not overheat or signal any wrongdoings. It's normal the mainboard to get warm (depends of the outside temp also), but not to overheat especially for 5 min idling. But the best feedback you should get from some forum member with the same EUC.

8 hours ago, Andrei said:

When I start the riding, when a brake or I go slowly, it makes a sound like Crrr...Crrr.

Is not the friction sound made by the rubber on the ground, but I feel is something inside the engine. It also trembles. 

MCM4 SOUND Crrrr 1.mp4

That sound is completely normal.

Thank you all very much for your answers and your welcome guys.

I just learnt today to use it. My first try. Of course I have some nice bruises. But I think this is included in the price . :wacko:

Now a new question is bothering me.

How do I know the kind of battery inside my MCM4 is the one I payed for, and not a cheaper one. There is no mark on the device, or on the box.

I payed 1000 Euro for MCM4, normal speed, not high speed, but with the best battery offered (  680WH, using 2900ma Panasonic PF 10A/P 64p ).

Thank you

11 hours ago, Andrei said:

MCM4 SOUND Crrrr 1.mp4

This sound all motors HB (MCM2s+,MCM4, IPS A130) when tick-tock/accelerating/braking/climbing uphill
Examples: 

MCM4 https://youtu.be/-BieKgGLhw8

IPS A130 - https://youtu.be/j5PLuDiPX-M

MCM2s+ -1st piece 10-20 of rise in a small hill  , 2nd piece 10-20 of rise in a small hill

29 minutes ago, Andrei said:

Thank you all very much for your answers and your welcome guys.

I just learnt today to use it. My first try. Of course I have some nice bruises. But I think this is included in the price . :wacko:

Now a new question is bothering me.

How do I know the kind of battery inside my MCM4 is the one I payed for, and not a cheaper one. There is no mark on the device, or on the box.

I payed 1000 Euro for MCM4, normal speed, not high speed, but with the best battery offered (  680WH, using 2900ma Panasonic PF 10A/P 64p ).

Thank you

Open the side cover and see what the battery is there :)

You can weigh the wheel (with two batteries weighs more than 14kg, with one about 13kg)
And the box has yet to be a marker model
Model F - 680
Model E - 520
Model D - 340

1 hour ago, Andrei said:

Thank you LEE4ER.

Well. Still nothing on the box. But it has 14.3 kg.

So, it should be the right one.:D

Thank you

well, if you want to be sure, opening the side covers will take you five minutes, just take off the rubber (it uses velcro), remove two screws under and presto. (oh and, underneath there will be 4 more screws on the part holding the battery in place)

Even  if you look at the labels on battery pack, you cannot be sure, that label actually matches the content. It's well known fact, that fake batteries are manufactured in China on a large scale. 

I've tried to estimate battery capacity by the time needed to charge battery. It took  2 hours 35 mins to increase battery charge from 30%(57.75V) to 90%(65.75) with 120W charger.  Time to charge the battery from 0-100% is 2.58/0.6=4.3 hours. Energy supplied by charger 120W*4.3h =517Wh . That's quite a bit lower than declared battery capacity 680Wh. 

3 hours ago, mich said:

Even  if you look at the labels on battery pack, you cannot be sure, that label actually matches the content. It's well known fact, that fake batteries are manufactured in China on a large scale. 

I've tried to estimate battery capacity by the time needed to charge battery. It took  2 hours 35 mins to increase battery charge from 30%(57.75V) to 90%(65.75) with 120W charger.  Time to charge the battery from 0-100% is 2.58/0.6=4.3 hours. Energy supplied by charger 120W*4.3h =517Wh . That's quite a bit lower than declared battery capacity 680Wh. 

I wouldn't draw too many conclusions from the time and stated charger wattage alone. If you want to see precise measurements, get something like the Charge Doctor:

The original Firewheel-charger I have says 1.75A, but in reality, it charges around 2A during the constant current phase. Below is a graph I made from Charge Doctor data while charging 3 x 192Wh packs:

Zeffryz.png

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone!,
finally the seller sent the spare motor as he promissed  and thanks to the work of the technician wheel now no longer makes any strange noise as before. It demonstrated that the wheel had sent  was defective and have a motor issue.and not the inflation valve hitting the shell as said over and again the seller.
this bad experience has helped me to learn something more about the differences in how business is done in China and also know that if you are unlucky as I had, get ready because you'll have a big problem.
Two important things that have helped me in my case:
First: always must  keep all documentation, manual, box, tags and documentation of the shipping company. the seller asked me pictures of all these things. I guess he thought he had thrown some of the documents or the box and this  could help him to avoid the dispute and make it more difficult to show that this was his wheel as insinuated in the dispute that I had broken the motor (within 24 hours of receiving the unit at my home)
Second: record a video before you start opening the box when receive it and take pictures of serial numbers and if possible record a video of the first tours with the wheel, so if you had a problem,you will  have the proof to show the seller. 
summarizing my unit cost rather more than desired. Technician time price plus taxes and customs to receive the new engine, but finally my unit works properly.
The  wheel was purchased to seller who has more orders on aliexpress but some other offered me something cheaper.
thanks everyone for the support and suggestions!

Archived