My new MCM4 Got a strange noise .Help please!

Hi to everyone!,?
 I am new to this forum and I have been interested in the EUC by a good friend who has a ninebot and I could try it. I liked it so much and decided to buy one unit.Searching for more information about euc I found this awesome forum with lots of users that cooperate from all over the world.
After reading many posts of many models, I decided on a Gotway MCM4 260w version.
I've received Friday, March 4,the wheel is very nice and has a nice design.in saturday 5th was very excited to  ride it.
But in a few minutes I could see that something was wrong. a strange noise is constantly repeated by turning the wheel just with my hand, as a kind of "clek clek" which is much more intense when I'm on the wheel.
I am very worried !!! The wheel is completely new !!! ???
 I sent the video to the seller and I'm waiting his answer. I can not know where the noise is coming because it is inside the case.
I leave the video I recorded for you to listen and see if someone can help me and tell me what can be that fu***ng noise!!!.??
Thank you very much to all in advance and if I can work with my short experience will be a pleasure to help.
Greetings from Barcelona!:)

IMG_0154.MOV

Hi Vanquiz,

the valve hitting is not the problem because I can see the valve in the outside part of the case and the noise remain. 

I think the video link does'nt work well, I will try to upload to youtube or Vimeo and put the link here. Then you will see and listen perfectly the noise.

Apologize for my poor english

5 hours ago, SlowMo said:

There was a Kingsong unit with similar knocking sound. The thread was created by @Yashaya Yasharahla. Ultimately, the unit was replaced by the dealer. Sounds like a loose metal object inside the motor?

Yes!
It says the guy was very loose bearing, now it's all good.

Wobble of the wheel?

Hi there,
thank you all for the suggestions. the seller told me that the problem is that the tire pressure is very high and maybe the inflation valve touches the shell.pero when my wheel came home I had to put more pressure on it to ride well.
wheel wobble?
Maybe, but I'm not sure, mostly because I'm beginner.
I'll tell you .... I will try first down pressure as the seller tells me to see if noise disappears. But i don't think  this solve the problem.

10 hours ago, Toqueyo said:

Hi there,
thank you all for the suggestions. the seller told me that the problem is that the tire pressure is very high and maybe the inflation valve touches the shell.pero when my wheel came home I had to put more pressure on it to ride well.
wheel wobble?
I'll tell you .... I will try first down pressure as the seller tells me to see if noise disappears. But i don't think  this solve the problem.

The tire pressure 2.5-2.7 bar, that's good, this tire pressure, well you can ride.

On 2016. 03. 07. at 11:51 PM, Toqueyo said:

Hi there,
wheel wobble?

Hi!

Do you have any change?

Hi,

-

any change at this moment.I'm sure The valve is not hitting the case. The problem is inside the wheel and noise comes from inside.But seller just say the problem is from the valve position and tire pressure. Ok,now I have a big problem with my new wheel, but seller have big

problem too. 

Obviously I'm very angry and my anger grows with the answers from the seller . I try the methods that seller suggest to solve the problem.

look the video.

What do you think I have to do now?

@Toqueyo  It could be one of the internal magnets that has unglued, and obviously it is quite unsafe to ride the wheel in this condition. At this point the seller should give you a refund or a replace. But, if he is not so honest, I think that the last chance you have is to open the motor and to look inside to find the issue. 

0Xzxk9g.thumb.jpg.963cc1f79790126a4c28e5

3 minutes ago, Frankman said:

@Toqueyo  It could be one of the internal magnets that has unglued, and obviously it is quite unsafe to ride the wheel in this condition. At this point the seller should give you a refund or a replace. But, if he is not so honest, I think that the last chance you have is to open the motor and to look inside to find the issue. 

0Xzxk9g.thumb.jpg.963cc1f79790126a4c28e5

inner Stator/ adapter broken at 8 clock? Can you do a closer pic?

Could you please open the case and check if there is any plastic that could be touched by the spinning valve then try to put back the case and see if the problem persists?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTb5-R7iU4w

Or after opening the case (valve side), take a video o f the wheel spinning without the plastic case to show proof to the supplier.

I am desperate and frustrated.

And if I had continued riding the wheel and I have a serious accident ? Who is responsible ?

The seller is losing its good reputation, his only answer is to remove pressure and so will be solved .

Ah !this is another great response from the seller  "new tires and the ground friction sound,riding for a while there will be no sound"

Maybe he think I'm stupid.

I'm really sure this is the problem: 

The high demand in Europe and USA for buying EUC.

Chinese manufacturers build them fast and poorly finished to sell and ship all orders on time.and also they do not test them before sending.If you are lucky maybe you will receive a well finished product, if not you will have a very big problem and be really upset.

I told my problem to other users of EUC in Spain and thinks the same,the noise comes from inside and it coluld be anything....

What would you do if you happen to you ? should I open a dispute in aliexpress ASAP??

All ideas are welcome Thanks to all

1 minute ago, Toqueyo said:

should I open a dispute in aliexpress ASAP??

All ideas are welcome Thanks to all

Yes, raise a dispute. Ali Express customer service people are efficient would be more than willing to help.

26 minutes ago, Toqueyo said:

Do not hesitate to open dispute with aliexpres and make sure you are within 2 weeks time after you confurmed the product has arrived.

At least, ask for significant refund, FYI, your money are still not in the seller, there are in between - in aliexpress, so don't miss your chance and do not listen too much the seller. He will try his best to postpone any of your money withdrawal actions!

After you raise dispute and ask for refund, in case seller do not answer - there is 4 days for him to answer, the next aliexpress transfer the refund back to your bank card...I've done that twice already for non-expected low-quality products. It works and the sellers are well aware of what they sell.

Sending back the wheel is another option but I do not have experience there.

2 hours ago, Toqueyo said:

Definitely open a dispute, that's too expensive an item to hesitate. It could very well be that the seller doesn't even know that much about the wheels, and all (s)he can think of is the valve / tire hitting something.

With 249 Aliexpress-orders that I've done (most within the span of last three months :D), I can say that the dispute system works, in case you can't get into an agreement with the seller about (partial) refund / replacement of product.

22 minutes ago, Toqueyo said:

Hi

thanks everyone again.

do you think that there is any more strong evidence that this ? If no shell no hitting.

If you have been dismantled so, open up the engine and check it out.

Maybe a little mistake, because the wheel works, can not be serious.

Secret things in it, hand tools, or nothing, or nois problem.

Careful not visible sign of mounting.

On March 10, 2016 at 8:34 AM, Karger said:

Maybe a little mistake, because the wheel works, can not be serious.

Secret things in it, hand tools, or nothing, or nois problem.

Careful not visible sign of mounting.

And after you open it up, please post your findings here, as others may have the same problem in the future.

On 3/10/2016 at 8:02 PM, Toqueyo said:
do you think that there is any more strong evidence that this ? If no shell no hitting.

Make the size of this video smaller and send it as an attachment to the dispute on Ali Express.

On 10.3.2016 at 5:34 PM, Karger said:

5 hours ago, Shoe73 said:

And after you open it up, please post your findings here, as others may have the same problem in the future.

Before opening the motor you should read some of the threads of people who already did this - its seems not trivial to put the motor together again! You have a very small gap and strong magnets - imho one almost gave up the reassembling ...

Hi,

thanks everyone for all suggestions

at this time wheel is in a technical service. 

Techician told me that the problem is inside motor. I told seller and he offered to send a new motor and a trolley bar for

compensate the mistake.

do you think that is enough?i think is not enough, technician time is really expensive.

i have opened a dispute in aliexpress explaining this serious problem and added the video as a proff.

Now waiting his reply

I will tell you news asap

Archived