OneWheel

Judging from all the problems they have had, I think we can agree that Ninebot hasn't done a very good job of writing firmware for a device that balances a human being on top of it and moves at high speed. I'm not sure whether a firmware-version-per-model strategy is better or worse though.

I sincerely hope that Ninebot's canceling (or postponing) the P model is a signal that management has begun to take their QC problems more seriously.   If 1.3.5 is good and stable then it is the exception to an ongoing bloody fuster-cluck of mistakes.  

I hope someone is revamping their entire QC operation surrounding these firmware updates.  One can hope.  

This is what a good euc should be like , ninebot needs to learn from kingsongs quick plan do check act system for their firmware updates. Kingsong is a good euc for now, but they can fall from grace like ninebot if they take short cuts to quality and short cut to production processes (no missing screws yet but the heat sink and heating problem needs to be fix asap by Kingsong) If Kingsong adds a fan inside the unit, the fan needs to be activated before temperature rise not after, otherwise the fan is USELESS. Damage has already been done by high temperature deterioration before fan activation over short/long run.

On 6.3.2016 at 4:52 PM, OneWheel said:

... but the heat sink and heating problem needs to be fix asap by Kingsong ...

They have a heat sink and heating problem? Same as the NB P?
I don´t like the big branding of KS and prefer the stylish design of Ninebot - but at the end a save device is most important of cause.

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2016 at 10:05 AM, OneWheel said:

Since the P is taken out of the formula. Any idea when 1.3.6 will be coming out?

1.3.5 appears to have been out for at least a couple months. Maybe the Ninebot engineers consider it good and will not change it.

9 hours ago, steve454 said:

1.3.5 appears to have been out for at least a couple months. Maybe the Ninebot engineers consider it good and will not change it.

And it's a good sign. Much better than before when they shelled out new firmwares one after one without testing and QC.

I still won't trust 9Bot firmware updates. Can't just judge on upgrading to the latest and going down the street doesn't tell us anything. Should ride at least 50 miles or so in all types of riding conditions before we consider it safe. My 2 cents anyway.

hopefully they'll fix the pedal incline bug, haven't had time to film/messure (9bMetrics) if for myself but in this video you can see it quite well.

the guy jumping down the stairs (@ appx 0:32) starts with normal level pedals and after each step the pedals lean forward more until its almost impossible to stand on them. after a few meter driving it goes back to normal again.

not a big bug but not nice either ...

4 hours ago, Blunzn said:

hopefully they'll fix the pedal incline bug, haven't had time to film/messure (9bMetrics) if for myself but in this video you can see it quite well.

the guy jumping down the stairs (@ appx 0:32) starts with normal level pedals and after each step the pedals lean forward more until its almost impossible to stand on them. after a few meter driving it goes back to normal again.

not a big bug but not nice either ...

What you call a bug, I call physics.

9 minutes ago, chriscalandro said:

the faceplant after the 10th or 15th stair, when you slip of the pedals, would be ... increasing the tilt angle after each drop is imho not. but even if it where it would at least be preventable trough a better firmware, probably ;)

On April 15, 2016 at 2:05 PM, chriscalandro said:

I would call it a bug, or at least an undesirable feature of 1.3.5. I have two ninebot ones, the one with 1.3.5 does this, and I find it very annoying. The one with 1.3.0 does not, and I do not plan to update it. 

I actually feel safer on 1.3.5, because it tilts when jostled too much from big hits. I have come to understand from reading the forums that demand on the battery spikes hugely during these hits. I like the reminder to slow down.

But I'm also aware that that is a personal preference, and opinions will vary. Some folks just don't like tiltback, period.

Pretty much no one disputes how bad Ninebot has been with the firmware updates though. They really hurt confidence in the company for a lot of folks. It's unfortunate. I really love my e+, and generally think it is a fantastic EUC.

It has also been pointed out that ninebot hasn't been good about explaining exactly what is in the updates. I think that's also a very fair point. We have been left to guess whether an update will brick our EUC, and with no sense of the expected benefit of the update.

Archived