Mono Wheel 2.0

esaj

@Jason McNeil mentioned the Mono Electric -wheel in the F260 rebuild -topic, and the name reminded me of this:  http://monowheel.se/  (the page is in swedish, either use Chrome's in-built translator or run it through Google Translate). Anyone ever seen or ridden one of these? Is this a rebranded wheel or are the swedish really building their own? Seems a bit expensive (it's listed 1119,99€ at http://www.teknikmagasinet.se/ ), I'd be interested in the quality (not that I'm going to get one, with two more wheels already on their way ;) ).

Edit: got more specs

Power: 1300W 
The recommended rider weight: <125kg 
Water Protection: IP65 (all kinds of rain) 
Speed: Up to 20 km / h * 
Driving distance: Up to 45km / charge
Battery: 400Wh
Handles: gravel, grass, snow up and down hills. 
Size: 50x44x15 cm 
Charging time: 1-3 hours 
Wheel size: 16 "air filled with the XC patterning 
Maximum reverse slope: 30 degrees ** 
Warning Indicator: Yes 
Weight: 12 kg 

* You can be during the very short distances reach 20 km / h, but in practice is 12 km / h maximum speed. Read the manual for more information. 

** We recommend and specify in the manual and instruction 15 degrees as maximum reverse slope, but lightweight driver to drive on slopes exceeding 30 degrees. 

Edit: Found this later on the pages:

Mono Wheel ™ is a Swedish brand for the best model that has 8 own patent and is manufactured by one of the world's largest producers of electric unicycles. 

guess it's a rebrand, but of what? Solowheel?

• MonoWheel Sweden sells rebranded IPS Wheels
  • Apparently, the Mono Electric Wheel design was stolen by Firewheel, it is not a rebuild 
  • MonoWheel.se has no connection to the Mono Electric Wheel project of Australia
  • MonoWheel.se specifications are not correct: the original IPS F400/111 had a 400Wh battery but very weak sustained power (much less than even the claimed 1,000W)
  • If it's really  a 400Wh battery, then the power is <600W sustained.
  • The IPS131 has a 340Wh battery pack, that can realistically provide 26-29km range, not 45km
  • We sell the IPS132 for £645, which is 900Euros. 

@Jason McNeil: thanks for the info. The "8 own patents" -part threw me off, and thought it could be a rebranded SoloWheel (but of course, it doesn't  even look like one), in which case it would have been cheap compared to the original.

• Apparently, the Mono Electric Wheel design was stolen by Firewheel, it is not a rebuild 

What I meant was, you mentioned the Mono Electric Wheel and that Firewheel stole the design in the topic called "Firewheel F260 Rebuild", not that either was a rebuild of the other.

Yeah, a bit of marketing exaggeration, the quality of these Chinese design patents are probably pretty low. Thanks for clarification on the 'rebuild' topic, we should be getting a lot more information on the Australian project over the next 2-3 weeks.

I have seen the Monowheel for sale in the Netherlands as well (on internet) for very low prices (like 400 Euro).

I always thought it was a rebranded Airwheel but never believed the specs for a second :)

Any EU that sells for less than 500E propably isn't worth buying if you plan to use it on a daily basis.

I have seen the Monowheel for sale in the Netherlands as well (on internet) for very low prices (like 400 Euro).

I always thought it was a rebranded Airwheel but never believed the specs for a second :)

Any EU that sells for less than 500E propably isn't worth buying if you plan to use it on a daily basis.

​That's a huge price difference, maybe it was the "Monowheel Light" -version?

Motor power: 600W 
Driver's Weight: <90 kg * 
Maximum speed: 20 km / h ** 
Water Protection: IP65 (all kinds of rain) 
Driving distance: Up to 20 km / charge 
Handles: gravel, grass, snow, up and down hills. 
Size: 38x36x15 cm 
Wheel size: 14 "air filled with the XC patterning 
Maximum reverse slope: 30 degrees *** 
Warning Sing Indicator: Yes 
Charging time: 1-3 hours 
Weight: 10 kg 
Color: Black 

* We recommend drivers over 75 kg to choose a 2.0 when the engine power is greater, and thus provides more unobstructed skiing. 
** You can be during the very short distances reach 20 km / h, but in practice is 12 km / h maximum speed. Read the manual for more information. 
*** We recommend and specify in the manual and instruction 15 degrees as maximum reverse slope, but lightweight driver to drive on slopes exceeding 30 degrees. 

It's listed as 5990SEK (about 640€ at current exchange rate) in the Monowheel-site.

Archived