Leaperkim Lynx 2700wh: 151V, 20" tire, suspension, 89lb

RagingGrandpa

3 hours ago, WheelGoodTime said:

The lynx gets wheel beeps at 25%, correct?

I don't know, as I don't have a Lynb, but 25% of safety margin / 75 % of PWM is a very conservative value. Even Gotway has it's PWM beep at 80%, and in later Begode wheels this threshold was even higher. In other words, 75 % of PWM means still plenty of safety margin left. Actually, for a wheels that does report PWM natively, PWM at 90% / safety margin at 10% is still relatively safe value for experienced riders. In EUC World safety margin alarm defaults to 80 %.

37 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Lynx beeps at 83.5% PWM and the inverse of that is the safety margin or 16.5%.

I set vibration alarms to 78% PWM as a heads up.
Last call is wheel beeps and audio alarm at 84%.
PWM tiltback at 86%. This way the wheel will beep before the tiltback independently of external apps.

Thanks @Mike Sacristan, so we have an explanation. @WheelGoodTime, set safety margin alarm at 16% and verify if you're getting wheel beeps in the same moment as EUC World alarms. Of course, you need to set dynamic tiltback at 15% or even bit less, so you won't get tilted back before the beeps/alarms.

Edited by Seba

17 minutes ago, Seba said:

Thanks @Mike Sacristan, so we have an explanation. @WheelGoodTime, set safety margin alarm at 16% and verify if you're getting wheel beeps in the same moment as EUC World alarms. Of course, you need to set dynamic tiltback at 15% or even bit less, so you won't get tilted back before the beeps/alarms.

It's my experience that firmware still overreports the PWM but I will do some more testing when I get time.

55 minutes ago, techyiam said:

@Rawnei

If you don't mind my asking, which wheel would you prefer to ride on a daily basis to get around town: your Sherman-S or your Lynx? 

I don't ride my Sherman S, I have it up for sale.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

@Rawnei

If you don't mind my asking, which wheel would you prefer to ride on a daily basis to get around town: your Sherman-S or your Lynx? 

Well if you were to ask me that question, I ride my S more than my Lynx. The L might change that story once the courier company gets around to actually delivering it. It’s been sitting at the depot in Sydney since Wednesday. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

I don't ride my Sherman S, I have it up for sale.

I was expecting Lynx, but not to this degree. 😀

49 minutes ago, Skampster said:

Well if you were to ask me that question, I ride my S more than my Lynx. The L might change that story once the courier company gets around to actually delivering it. It’s been sitting at the depot in Sydney since Wednesday. 

This was not the answer I was expecting, but I had to ask the owners who own both. I though the Sherman-S could work because it is a comfortable wheel and has good range.

There is a local rider who loves his Sherman-S for riding all over the metropolitan area.

Sorry to hear about your ordeal with the courier service.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on your Sherman-L.

Edited by techyiam

Cheers. If I ride my Lynx and Falcon for awhile, it’s rather difficult to re-adjust to the S, it’s not its weight but it’s weird balance, plus it takes a bit more effort to get moving, but once you get used to it, the S overall is more enjoyable. Plus it’s the only wheel I fully trust won’t drop me, not that the others have. 

Edited by Skampster

53 minutes ago, techyiam said:

I was expecting Lynx, but not to this degree. 😀

This was not the answer I was expecting, but I had to ask the owners who own both. I though the Sherman-S could work because it is a comfortable wheel and has good range.

There is a local rider who loves his Sherman-S for riding all over the metropolitan area.

Sorry to hear about your ordeal with the courier service.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on your Sherman-L.

I already ordered a Sherman L that is why I'm selling the S.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

I already ordered a Sherman L that is why I'm selling the S.

Then your original answer was misleading.  😀

If you like riding the Lynx, then I would suspect that you would like riding the Sherman-L more than a Sherman-S. 

My impression of the Sherman-L (just from rolling up and down in the showroom) is that it is similar to riding a Lynx but heavier battery packs, and you do notice the inertia of the bigger battery packs while riding. 

Edited by techyiam

35 minutes ago, Skampster said:

Cheers. If I ride my Lynx and Falcon for awhile, it’s rather difficult to re-adjust to the S, it’s not its weight but it’s weird balance, plus it takes a bit more effort to get moving, but once you get used to it, the S overall is more enjoyable. Plus it’s the only wheel I fully trust won’t drop me, not that the others have. 

Interesting insight. 

I also find the Sherman-S not as i intuitively to ride as the Patton, Lynx or S22.

Do you know why you like the Sherman-S more than the Lynx for riding around town?

34 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Then your original answer was misleading.  😀

If you like riding the Lynx, then I would suspect that you would like riding the Sherman-L more than a Sherman-S. 

My impression of the Sherman-L (just from rolling up and down in the showroom) is that it is similar to riding a Lynx but heavier battery packs, and you do notice the inertia of the bigger battery packs while riding. 

Not really, the Sherman S is an awesome wheel but makes sense to upgrade it to L if one can afford it.

Once I decide to sell a wheel I don't ride then anymore to leave everything as good as possible to the next buyer.

Lynx and Sherman S/L are two different use cases for me, one is more playful offroad monster and the other is still a plenty playful long range cruiser,.I don't place them in the same category due to weight difference.

• Like 1