Leaperkim Lynx 2700wh: 151V, 20" tire, suspension, 89lb

RagingGrandpa

just a PSA to no one in particular:

I haven't been here in years...great to see everyone still going strong!

just as fyi, ive decided to finally cave and get my first suspension wheel as well as my first leaperkim wheel (been a total gotway/begode fan boy since i started back when the rs19 first came out around covid) with the latest batch Veteran Lynx from ewheels. 

--------

not an urgent need to know, but just out of curiosity:

- would anyone happen to have a shipping container number for the latest batch set to arrive sometime before end of may 2024?

- would the largest foam clark pads (the titans) fit on the lynx?

- anyone have tire recommendations? ive ordered with the ewheels street tire....i loved the pilot on my old monster pro years ago, was a total game changer.

--------

apart from that, yall be well!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, StealthPhoenix said:

just a PSA to no one in particular:

I haven't been here in years...great to see everyone still going strong!

just as fyi, ive decided to finally cave and get my first suspension wheel as well as my first leaperkim wheel (been a total gotway/begode fan boy since i started back when the rs19 first came out around covid) with the latest batch Veteran Lynx from ewheels. 

--------

not an urgent need to know, but just out of curiosity:

- would anyone happen to have a shipping container number for the latest batch set to arrive sometime before end of may 2024?

- would the largest foam clark pads (the titans) fit on the lynx?

- anyone have tire recommendations? ive ordered with the ewheels street tire....i loved the pilot on my old monster pro years ago, was a total game changer.

--------

apart from that, yall be well!

1. if you email ewheels, they can provide you the ship name and you can look up its AIS tracking info. You might get the waybill number, but even if you don't, you'll have a good idea of where it is with the AIS information.

2. yes. It might hang over the edge a little bit, can't say for sure since I haven't tried those pads. But it definitely will fit.

3. The stock ewheels street tire is good to go, no need to swap it out. If you want to do a tire that is great for streets and off road as well, the Shinko 244 is extremely popular and highly reviewed.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, WheelGoodTime said:

3. The stock ewheels street tire is good to go, no need to swap it out.

It's an okay starter tire for the street, on asphalt, not going fast, hard cornering, the profile is square, push it too hard riding concrete, & it's mediocre at best. 

Unfortunately the scooter tires from China either wear out fast, and/or are easily damaged.

Manufacturing an EUC & limiting the tire size, limits the availability, & variety of tires that can be used, especially on street, & riders should be able to get a tire replacement that works best for their roads, or trails. 

3 hours ago, novazeus said:

does anybody know what these extra items that came with the lynx are for?

83C3E818-6675-4C2C-8111-B06493658CDA.thumb.jpeg.3ca40368b6083a76a9f7c575d9d04991.jpeg

For the pads

Edited by Supakatt
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, novazeus said:

does anybody know what these extra items that came with the lynx are for?

83C3E818-6675-4C2C-8111-B06493658CDA.thumb.jpeg.3ca40368b6083a76a9f7c575d9d04991.jpeg

Those came with the pads, they are "memory slots" if you want to remember where you had your pads there's small slots on the pads to insert them, a bit useless.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Supakatt said:

Manufacturing an EUC & limiting the tire size, limits the availability, & variety of tires that can be used, especially on street, & riders should be able to get a tire replacement that works best for their roads, or trails. 

'18 inch' wheels have a pretty good choice pool for street tyres. It is hard though because it can be hard to know which ones will rub on the batteries or mudguard without reviews.

It's the off-road section that has me annoyed. So few options and they are all Chinese rubbish. I am waiting for someone to fit a winter tyre as a 'dual sport' option and review.

For example:

https://www.mytyres.co.uk/rshop/tyre/Mitas/MC32-WinScoot/80-80-14-TT-TL-53L-Rear-wheel--M-S-marking--Front-wheel/R-277925

After 1500 km and two 40 km/ h crashes my Lynx have first issue - seems I have Wigle/slack between pedals and wheel axle. I hope it is just lose soft screws from chinesium ... It is little disapointing.

Thinking about servicing shock and replacing tyre as well.
How easy is to strip screw in magnesium chasis? Do I need torque wrench ? 

Ps.: there is plenty guys doing big jumps on Lynx, and complementing how awsome durable it is - I am curious how ofent they service theirs wheels after jumps. Maybe I am just wheel destroyer, and I should move to two wheels :D.

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, daniel1234 said:

After 1500 km and two 40 km/ h crashes my Lynx have first issue - seems I have Wigle/slack between pedals and wheel axle. I hope it is just lose soft screws from chinesium ... It is little disapointing.

Thinking about servicing shock and replacing tyre as well.
How easy is to strip screw in magnesium chasis? Do I need torque wrench ? 

Ps.: there is plenty guys doing big jumps on Lynx, and complementing how awsome durable it is - I am curious how ofent they service theirs wheels after jumps. Maybe I am just wheel destroyer, and I should move to two wheels :D.

You should definitely get a torque wrench or adapter for wheel maintenance, decent digital torque adapter from AliExpress is not expensive.

Edited by Rawnei

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

You should definitely get a torque wrench or adapter for wheel maintenance, decent digital torque adapter from AliExpress is not expensive.

torque spec - just found it - reposting here as well. Little suprised it is under 20 Nm - I guess it holds with power of chemical threadlock 
image.jpeg.52109d1f13f67f59d33c888521f9d774.jpeg

Edited by daniel1234
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, daniel1234 said:

torque spec - just found it - reposting here as well. Little suprised it is under 20 Nm - I guess it holds with power of chemical threadlock 
image.jpeg.52109d1f13f67f59d33c888521f9d774.jpeg

That list is not correct. Motor bolts should be 15Nm and if you get replacement 3rd-pt bolts they should not be longer than 20mm, battery box (to suspension) 11Nm, Clamp (I'm guession that is what is called suspension bracket here) should be 8Nm.

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

Maybe something got stuck in the wheel well?

This was what Mike captioned: Lynx went buck wild last night. I’ve been riding down a lot of stairs here in San Francisco and noticed my motor bolts had gotten loose. I opened up the wheel, retightened the bolts, and added loctite on Thursday. On my first ride after tightening the bolts they became loose again. This time it caused the wheel to shudder while I was riding. I rode up to Kelly to show her what was happening and the wheel bucked me off. Got my knee twisted up in the wheel rodeo 🐂 😑 Not stoked

8 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

This was what Mike captioned: Lynx went buck wild last night. I’ve been riding down a lot of stairs here in San Francisco and noticed my motor bolts had gotten loose. I opened up the wheel, retightened the bolts, and added loctite on Thursday. On my first ride after tightening the bolts they became loose again. This time it caused the wheel to shudder while I was riding. I rode up to Kelly to show her what was happening and the wheel bucked me off. Got my knee twisted up in the wheel rodeo 🐂 😑 Not stoked

Ah I see, risky to ride if bolts are loose, I wonder if he used a torque wrench and proper torque or whats up.

On 5/19/2024 at 1:56 AM, Rawnei said:

Those came with the pads, they are "memory slots" if you want to remember where you had your pads there's small slots on the pads to insert them, a bit useless.

I mean, YMMV but I found them really handy when I was setting up the Beidou pads that came with my E-Wheels Lynx; a handy, quick, and fairly unobtrusive way of marking your pad position so you can make adjustments on the fly. I think they're great, personally.

As for the rubber dog-bone looking things, I think they're made to link the pads together, but I've never used them.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Ah I see, risky to ride if bolts are loose, I wonder if he used a torque wrench and proper torque or whats up.

Removed kickstand so eventually would fall apart. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Supakatt said:

Removed kickstand so eventually would fall apart. 

Huh, how did you come to that conclusion?

2 hours ago, Z-Rabbit said:

I mean, YMMV but I found them really handy when I was setting up the Beidou pads that came with my E-Wheels Lynx; a handy, quick, and fairly unobtrusive way of marking your pad position so you can make adjustments on the fly. I think they're great, personally.

As for the rubber dog-bone looking things, I think they're made to link the pads together, but I've never used them.

I found that they were not accurate enough and just using tape as position markers worked better for me.

• Thanks 1

Just curious, on the Lynx (not Patton), the lower stanchion clamp that attaches the stanchion to the solid axle has a substantial rectangular tab that goes into a matching rectangular hole in the solid axle. If the axle bolts are sightly loose, can the stanchion still move much relative to the axle? On the Patton, the bolts have to take all the torsion and bending stresses.

53 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Just curious, on the Lynx (not Patton), the lower stanchion clamp that attaches the stanchion to the solid axle has a substantial rectangular tab that goes into a matching rectangular hole in the solid axle. If the axle bolts are sightly loose, can the stanchion still move much relative to the axle? On the Patton, the bolts have to take all the torsion and bending stresses.

LeaperKim has updated all of them to use a vertical slot/tab now, even the latest Sherman S motors have the same type of axle with a slot.

But either way if bolts are loose it's gonna be very stressful for all the parts involved specially if you are doing some big jumps and other stressful activities.

• Like 1

He didn't torque the screws with torque wrench after maintenance, this is a very important step during maintenance specially if you are doing that sort of stressful riding, that is why I recommend everyone to get a torque wrench or torque adapter.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/posts/7581797611918136/?comment_id=7581901085241122&reply_comment_id=7581996801898217

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

He didn't torque the screws with torque wrench after maintenance, this is a very important step during maintenance specially if you are doing that sort of stressful riding, that is why I recommend everyone to get a torque wrench or torque adapter.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/posts/7581797611918136/?comment_id=7581901085241122&reply_comment_id=7581996801898217

Also, it is a good idea to clean/degrease the threads in the threaded hole and of the bolts.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, techyiam said:

Also, it is a good idea to clean/degrease the threads in the threaded hole and of the bolts.

Thats the most important thing i would say....sufficient torque and correct loctiting on clean screws

On all the other screws its not that critical to do it very correct, but ob this 4 screws per side it is

Edited by onkeldanuel

14 hours ago, The Brahan Seer said:

I mean, how comes that someone would ride a wheel with already loose motorbolts, if i understand this correctly, he already noticed that they are loose and wheel was shuttering beforehand....so a catastrophic failure is inbound if riding regardeless?