so that just happened...

GreenStuff

So now you know for next time.  The minute it starts to shake is the minute you should pull it apart to find out why.  I would have been afraid of it seizing up while riding it.  But I'm a scaredy-cat.

15 minutes ago, dmethvin said:

What exactly happened here? Maybe a rock or other debris got trapped in there and ground out those channels? We need a EUC Investigation Board to analyze these incidents!

Some people have to place additional washers in the lifetime.

In this case it would be nice to see the cover dismounted if the bearing damaged the shaft and went inside.

/edit This time definetly not firmware related ;)

1 hour ago, dmethvin said:

I don't know about that, maybe it was a piece of bad software lodged in the control board! :D

Nah, it was the soldering job on the mainboard... maybe it was built by this lady:

30393212-Beautiful-woman-repair-solderin

She must have a very high pain threshold... ;)

The photo name is:

previews.123rf.com/images/robeo/robeo1408/robeo140800033/30393212-Beautiful-woman-repair-soldering-a-printed-circuit-board-Stock-Photo.jpg

I won't ask about the keywords @esaj used to search for that one. :D

On ‎04‎.‎03‎.‎2016 at 7:39 AM, GreenStuff said:

Hey guys

after 3000 km my ninebot started shaking stronger and more frequently... 

after it became almost unrideable, I opened it up to find this:

On ‎04‎.‎03‎.‎2016 at 4:35 PM, SuperSport said:

So now you know for next time.  The minute it starts to shake is the minute you should pull it apart to find out why.  I would have been afraid of it seizing up while riding it.  But I'm a scaredy-cat.

So, the moral of the story is to open up your 9b1 more often, at least at ~2000km (1200 miles?) to avoid some potential problems. Some other bad things - like ball bearings going south...

162a4r3.jpg

*(borrowed picture)

7 hours ago, Vik's said:

So, the moral of the story is to open up your 9b1 more often, at least at ~2000km (1200 miles?) to avoid some potential problems. Some other bad things - like ball bearings going south...

162a4r3.jpg

*(borrowed picture)

Bad. So I was right with the bearing. And the stator looks like being "real" IP65. I need to save this picture for the ext discussion on this.

Good thing: This motors are not expensive. Someone can dismount this things can easily put it together again.

2 hours ago, Vik's said:

Got ca. 2500 miles on the clock.

@Vik's NICE!  I'm only at about 300 miles now.

@OliverH Yeah, they are actually stating IP55 now.  It was originally stated IP65, but they changed the rating.  I doubt it's actually IP55 either, but there are rarely water related issues with the NineBot (Water Proof Coating on Motherboard Helps), so the IP Rating isn't an issue for me personally (Plus I don't ride in the rain that much).  I don't like the amount of dust and sand that gets inside though, just due to wear of parts (Battery Pack), but that can be remedied by opening it up regularly and cleaning it out.

Speaking of IP Ratings...  I just pulled mine apart to prepare for my Carbon Fiber covering.  It will be here later today and I wanted to get the body cleaned up and ready.

It is pretty cool how these are put together and so compact for everything that's in here.  And to be SO sturdy on top of that is pretty amazing.

Gotta go for now.  Bath time for the Bot.

20160307_162518529_iOS.jpg.3ebdca104887c

1 hour ago, SuperSport said:

@Vik's NICE!  I'm only at about 300 miles now.

I've only done about 25 miles on mine.

1 hour ago, SuperSport said:

Speaking of IP Ratings...  I just pulled mine apart to prepare for my Carbon Fiber covering.  It will be here later today and I wanted to get the body cleaned up and ready.

It is pretty cool how these are put together and so compact for everything that's in here.  And to be SO sturdy on top of that is pretty amazing.

I think that there may be some IP level but at the same time, - the lab tests are not real life experience... But even real world experience is very good - on pair with i.e. car makers etc. I've seen some serious problems with many cars and that includes both electronic and mechanical parts right down to very stupid things and bad solutions. Nobody's perfect..

We have to give Ninebot engineers credit for both solid construction, thinking out-of-the-box and 9b1 concept as a whole. That is their first EUC afterall and have to say adorable and hugely successful ONE.

On 3/4/2016 at 10:39 PM, GreenStuff said:

Hey guys

after 3000 km my ninebot started shaking stronger and more frequently... 

after it became almost unrideable, I opened it up to find this:

IMG_0758.jpg

Can someone please tell me what I'm looking at here and what it's supposed to look like?  I don't have a clear understanding of the significance of this photo.

Archived