What happened to Firewheel and Rockwheel

alexbot

Does anyone know what happened to these brands? They seem to have disappeared from the market. I know pinwheel claims to have some sort of relationship with Rockwheel, but not exactly sure what. 

2 hours ago, Bush said:

I sure that Darwin " survival of the fittest", 2015 year is winter for EU, for most brand, without profit, or fitable strategy, will put off by market...

It's normal. as you seen within the Forum, how many EU company still running? 

Do the smaller brands make their own firmware and controllers? I always wonder which brands actually know how to make an EUC and which brands just buy clones of existing controllers.

I think both Firewheel and Rockwheel failed where a lot of Chinese companies fail, and that is in sales and marketing. Neither seem to be making new models or even promoting their old ones. Now that Ninebot has Segway it seems like a good bet it will stay around. All the others are question marks, especially if they start to grow and they are chased by Inventist or Ninebot for patent infringement.

On 4.3.2016 at 7:27 PM, dmethvin said:

I think both Firewheel and Rockwheel failed where a lot of Chinese companies fail, and that is in sales and marketing. Neither seem to be making new models or even promoting their old ones. Now that Ninebot has Segway it seems like a good bet it will stay around. All the others are question marks, especially if they start to grow and they are chased by Inventist or Ninebot for patent infringement.

No of the chinese manufacturers does marketing. Marketing is not only doing social media, it's about market evaluation, market development, product development for markets,..

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 1:58 AM, Arron said:

I'm from pinwheel, my source said firewheel was merged by a Shanghai company and Rockwheel is busy with Kerea market. 

I wonder if they still honor the warranty. (Firewheel).

Is there a contact for them?

On 2016/3/4 at 0:29 PM, lizardmech said:

Do the smaller brands make their own firmware and controllers? I always wonder which brands actually know how to make an EUC and which brands just buy clones of existing controllers.

Hello, I am Linnea from GotWay company. Our control board are designed by our engineer. 

Archived