My Ninebot One Log

SlowMo

I'm glad to tell everyone that my beloved Ninebot is alive again. The mainboard came with firmware version 1.3.4 and I have to do the upgrade to version 1.3.5. Everything went well once the unlock code has been placed and nothing burned this time. I will try to keep track of it's performance and see if it will last. So here goes..

Day 1:

With full armor and helmet I ventured out in the night for an hour always on alert for anything that might happen. Happy to report that everything went well. However I noticed that the pedals tilt slightly forward when making sudden turns and I'm not used to that. Motor temp stayed cool with a max of 43 deg. at running speeds of 8 to 18 km/h. So far so good. :)

34dlsfk.png

16 hours ago, SlowMo said:

I'm glad to tell everyone that my beloved Ninebot is alive again. The mainboard came with firmware version 1.3.4 and I have to do the upgrade to version 1.3.5. Everything went well once the unlock code has been placed and nothing burned this time. I will try to keep track of it's performance and see if it will last. So here goes..

Day 1:

With full armor and helmet I ventured out in the night for an hour always on alert for anything that might happen. Happy to report that everything went well. However I noticed that the pedals tilt slightly forward when making sudden turns and I'm not used to that. Motor temp stayed cool with a max of 43 deg. at running speeds of 8 to 18 km/h. So far so good. :)

34dlsfk.png

Do a manual calibration just to be sure. There's a video in another post. If pedal behavior feels strange, there's a good chance your roll angle is off. It can only be fixed a manual calibration, not the calibration done on the phone.  I'd get a link but I'm on my phone. Look for the "is this normal for 1.3.5" thread here and scroll to the bottom.  Good luck.

1 hour ago, Jdestef said:

Do a manual calibration just to be sure. There's a video in another post. If pedal behavior feels strange, there's a good chance your roll angle is off. It can only be fixed a manual calibration, not the calibration done on the phone.  I'd get a link but I'm on my phone. Look for the "is this normal for 1.3.5" thread here and scroll to the bottom.  Good luck.

Thanks, I did the calibration this morning at work. Now, the roll angle in near zero. Big thanks to @SuperSport for doing the instructional video..

So my Ninebot reached 33.5km today and I am happy to report that it worked as it should without any glitch. I tested it at a newly developed park in the morning and did further rides with the family in the afternoon.

Here's a video clip of my morning test ride at the park. :)

44 minutes ago, Norway Nr 1 said:

Im happy you use  full armor and helmet giast like me.

I have  negative comment on forum on my page way i use full armor ??  im waithing for them to fall end se the result.

Riding these things without protective gear puts many people at risk of having serious injuries. Better to be safe than sorry.:)

8 hours ago, SlowMo said:

Here's a video clip of my morning test ride at the park.

NICE PARK!  It's almost like a Commercial for the Park.  There is someone on each of the attractions.  There's even a guy spinning his head around in amazement at 0:46.  hehe

4 hours ago, Vanquiz said:

@SlowMo That one is HOTTTT, damn ... I wonder if I can get some replacement stand like that at Home Depot or something, the plastic one is too small.

Thanks bro! I bought these from Taobao.

http://world.taobao.com/item/522579958510.htm?spm=a312a.7728556.2015080705.14.pHZh7e&id=522579958510&scm=1007.12006.12548.i44179705037&pvid=12ec1cfe-fdec-4725-9b8f-9ff099b0d3ff

@Rotator modified the length of the iron bar as mentioned in this thread:

Inspired by @Jug's modifications, I also bought a Meilan X6 Rear Light. The light emits a beautiful glow that can be easilly visible even on broad daylight.

http://www.amazon.com/Meilan-Rechargeable-Patented-Automatic-System--Hands/dp/B013HZKE78/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1459423958&sr=8-1&keywords=meilan+x6

Here's a video of the Meilan X6 Rear Bicycle Light attached to my Ninebot One: :)

Archived