Alright, I know many are frowning at the title. Allow me explain its purpose...

I feel like our little futuristic extreme sport doesn't yet have a completely established name for riders, in the way that there are "Sk8er" and "Cyclists", etc. The term EUC'ers is not common outside the forum and facebook group.

What do we want to be known as? Because let's face it, these machines will never be mainstream. They are harder to learn than skateboards, and quite significantly more dangerous than bicycles. We have our own rebel culture to develop, which we are all doing everytime we go outside (knowingly or not).

Discuss!

I thought we could call ourselves STRIDERS. We go STRIDING on our STRIDE.

A stride (of course) is a STandRIDE.

Or maybe even E-STRIDE.

I

1 hour ago, Jag_Rip said:

Ninebotters, Kong Singers, Gotwheelers, Firewhooshers, Hoverboard-losers.

:D:D

I have the feeling a brand name will get "genericized" too. And since Ninebots seem to have the best name recognition and largest market share, it will probably shake out as the survivor. I already tell my wife that "I'm going out ninebotting for a while." I may as well be called a "ninebotter."

2 minutes ago, dbfrese said:

I

I have the feeling a brand name will get "genericized" too. And since Ninebots seem to have the best name recognition and largest market share, it will probably shake out as the survivor. I already tell my wife that "I'm going out ninebotting for a while." I may as well be called a "ninebotter."

At least here, Airwheel is the most recognized brand (as it seems they have the largest marketing effort, even if their products aren't that great), not that electric unicycles are that recognized so far really. Kids recognize the wheels as "Airwheels", regardless of the actual brand of the wheel.

18 hours ago, davek said:

UFOs, most folks still act like they see one lol!

Seriously though, I like Wheelriders

Actually, UROs would make more sense than UFOs. Unidentified Riding Object.

For fun, on my next ride, I will tell that one to pedestrians that ask what the thing I'm riding is called.

On Tuesday, March 01, 2016 at 2:48 AM, John Eucist said:

How about just "wheelers"? :P

I thought you had already decided on the most appropriate name John.

We are all eucists

13 hours ago, dbfrese said:

I

Actually, here in our place, children always say "look! it's an Airwheel!" so being the most popular name in the market, we might then be considered as Airwheelers.

41 minutes ago, Gimlet said:

I thought you had already decided on the most appropriate name John.

We are all eucists

I don't think eucist is very popular.  Hence I'm suggesting a "wheel" alternative. :P  Ultimately, as what @John Chew once said, it will become what it will become. 

Archived