Ninebot One E+ seized up?

Trinextor

I bought my Ninebot One E+ from NINEBOT INC on Amazon.com August 2015. 

It was working perfectly until I tried to turn it on one day and it slammed itself upright and immediately shut down. It will not turn on now unless I plug it into the charger and then lay it on its side (beeping). When I set it upright, and it attempts to engage the motor, it just shuts down and will not turn on again. 

While it used to roll smoothly when it was off, it now rolls jagged with intermittent drag (go, stop, go, stop, etc). I am not sure where to begin with this other than perhaps the board is blown. Any help would be great! Thank you. 

56 minutes ago, StreetMeatNYC said:

Did you open it up and check all the connections are good?

All connections seem fine and no visible shorts are noted on the wires or the board. Unplugging and re-plugging the battery allows the until to turn on (lights work, battery is charged) when it's on its side. Then when setting it upright and trying to engage the motor it shuts down instantly. 

5 hours ago, Trinextor said:

I bought my Ninebot One E+ from NINEBOT INC on Amazon.com August 2015. 

It was working perfectly until I tried to turn it on one day and it slammed itself upright and immediately shut down. It will not turn on now unless I plug it into the charger and then lay it on its side (beeping). When I set it upright, and it attempts to engage the motor, it just shuts down and will not turn on again. 

While it used to roll smoothly when it was off, it now rolls jagged with intermittent drag (go, stop, go, stop, etc). I am not sure where to begin with this other than perhaps the board is blown. Any help would be great! Thank you. 

Seems like some of mosfets on controller board gave up the ghost. Those symptoms (not rolling smooth when off) is a biggest give away - if you disconnect the mobo from the rest of 9b1 it should roll smooth. It is still under warranty so I would just contact Ninebot. They'll will send you a new Controller With instructions on how to activate it.

On 29.2.2016 at 7:41 AM, Vik's said:

gave up the ghost

:D love it!

Its like they went over Jordan, or were brought around the corner. Maybe they even watch the carrots from below or they gave away their spoon.

#Germglish

Archived