IPS light blinking red two times and green two times

Hi,

i have had my IPS eui for about 1 month and yesterday it started blinking twice red and twice green while making a continuous sound. I thought it was empty for battery and charged it. After charging it again started to blink and make the noise. Any ideas about what the problem might be and how I can fix it?

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Carl

I have an IPS132 & didn't recognise your issue so I googled it and found this instruction manual:
http://www.amh.at/pdf/IPS111_Manual_Gebrauchsanweisung.pdf

I think this is the line which is of interest to you:
"3.3--When the red light is flashing:
1. It shows that the IPS vehicle is in danger, you should stop immediately and turn off the power;
2.If the problem is not solved with fully charged battery, please send the vehicle for maintenance."

Doesn't Jason from Wheelgo pop up on here occasionally??  Maybe he can offer some thoughts?

Hi Kroy. I have exactly the same model and it really sucks having to walk! Thanks for sending the link. Mine flashes twice red, then twice green, but is not described in the manual. Have taken everything a part, pulled out the connectors. Put them back and re-assembled. Still the same issue. Tok it a part again and opened up the box with the motherboard. Couldn't see any obvious errors like the capicitors blown up. Everything looked to my untrained eyes fine... Wonder what that blinking means. Jason Wheelgo - I need your help!! 

Hi Carl,

Which model do you have, the 111? Where did you buy it? The 132/131 use different types of cells than the 111, which had a statistically bad failure rate owing to the use Li-Po pack. If it is the 111, unfortunately, it sounds like a dud battery pack. Do not attempt to charge this yourself or repair, as a short could result in the wires going up in smoke. 

Sorry I could not be of any more assistance here, but your best bet is to contact your reseller & get them to honour the warranty—incidentally, we offer a one year warranty on both the Wheel & the battery-pack. 

Jason

Definitely try to get the reseller to deal with it since it's only a month old. A new battery pack is going to be expensive, and you would want to be sure that was really the problem before buying one!

I will try to have a friend test the battery. Not sure the dealer I bought from will be able to honor the warranty since I bought it through an unauthorized dealer and they will likely ask me to pay for shipping back and forth to China likely being much more expensive than a new battery... 

Thanks for your input! Appreciate it!!

At least funnybike.fr sells battery packs for F-Wheel (160Wh/200Wh/320Wh), the connectors look similar to what my generic 14" wheel has, but not sure if it can be plugged into IPS/IPS-clone or if they fit in the compartment, probably should ask them for dimensions and closer up pictures of the connectors. Here's the largest at 320Wh (195€, don't know how much for shipping to Norway, but at least one guy has ordered a 14" Gotway MCM2 from them, and the shipping was less than 40€ to Finland, delivered to door  :o ):  http://funnybike.fr/accessoires/45-batterie-fwheelq5.html

Archived