Frankman

During the time we saw that EU had many improvements. Apart of electronics and aesthetic enhancements, front and rear lights were introduced and trolley handles also are going to be more present on the newest EUs. Now I imagine and hope that a future EU generation has a sort of automatic folding pedals. It should be an electric or, more simply, a mechanic actuator to open and close the pedals. So we should not bend down to open or close pedals by hands, also considering that the pedals can be often very dirty!

What do you think about such a feature? Would you appreciate it or do you think it would be a useless improvement?

Anti face splat features.

I would like settable alarms   ie so I can say I want the thing to alarm when the voltage  drops to a certain level.  For different people  this is going to vary so it needs to be customized.  Logging would also be handy, I would like to know how close to the limit on power I am  when riding.  Bigger batteries.

Jer

For those three features so far I would say l've not really much use.

1/ I tend to use the toe of my shoe to flick the pedals down.

2/ I try not to carry my wheels as I prefer to ride them and hate trolley handles, but on the odd occasion I do carry its not really a problem as they aren't really that heavey. Maybe a little weight training would do you good. :)

3/ If you learn the safety limits of your wheels when you get them, stay within them and only push them to the limits when you are testing and ready to run it off then you shouldn't face splat due to wheel problems. You will however still face splat due to unseen hazards and concentration lapses. :)

Tree roots across the path, large gaps between flag stone and even sudden dips on otherwise smooth surfaces can easily catch you out if you're not really alert and ready for them.

It's all too easy to just blame the wheel but my feeling is that most of the time it's operater error or just pushing too close to the limits.

On ‎28‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 6:56 PM, Gimlet said:

For those three features so far I would say l've not really much use.

1/ I tend to use the toe of my shoe to flick the pedals down.

2/ I try not to carry my wheels as I prefer to ride them and hate trolley handles, but on the odd occasion I do carry its not really a problem as they aren't really that heavey. Maybe a little weight training would do you good. :)

3/ If you learn the safety limits of your wheels when you get them, stay within them and only push them to the limits when you are testing and ready to run it off then you shouldn't face splat due to wheel problems. You will however still face splat due to unseen hazards and concentration lapses. :)

Item 3

I would still like settable voltage warning.

I think the limits will vary due to environmental factors and it the actual voltage is dropping to dangerous levels then I would prefer to know.

I would also be prepared to pay for logging of parameters, maybe I am sad.

Other machines may already have this, but the Ninebot e+ doesn't as far as I am aware.

Jer

Archived