The Photo Thread

SlowMo

10 hours ago, steve454 said:

Oh no!  The shark ate her! :roflmao:

Seriously, those swim fins are three times as long as I ever saw.  :blink:

What a great video!  I liked the part where the whale shark almost surfaced, and let huge amounts of water fall into it's mouth, I suppose it was rinsing it's mouth.  Not to mention the rest of the video.:)

image.thumb.png.7f1882c03381680fab00ad82fa34f141.png

Was there a shark in that video? ?

All I saw was a blonde.. 

• Like 1

On 18/3/2018 at 4:06 AM, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

Fresh Meat:

IMG_1739.thumb.jpg.f9770d3a6fd6ac32fa4f657e68e5499e.jpg

Seems a bit to digital to me...

Where I am from, wheels works best when they are round. Squared wheels have yet make the new fashion here...but I guess being in Sweden, with cold winters fashion need some practicality to it before picks off big time.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

What does the red slash through the road sign mean? I see those on Euro Truck Simulator and I just say "Hmm that's weird" but I'm sure it means something :D

Slashed sign = cancelled sign, which implies there has been an identical sign before just without the slash.

In this case, it means the village/town/city (yellow sign with its name) "Altenburg" ends here and 0.5km ahead a new one starts (there, you'll have the yellow sign without the distance and arrow on it to signify that). Which only matters because of the different speed limits inside and outside of settlements (50km/h vs 100km/h).

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, meepmeepmayer said:

Does Euro Truck Simulator not have some playing children you can run over when speeding?!

Lame! Unrealistic! :efeebb3acc:

It is kinda lame. I enjoyed it for a while, but it got boring, so I turned off the police and started hauling all my loads on the wrong side of the street/freeway. Then that got boring and I started playing Dirt instead. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

Today on my ride I found this ramp. So I figured “why not” . 

71E100CB-8899-4AE9-8A74-BD8E0EADCC48.png

Oh... That's where I left it!   :)

But seriously, you're rolling along and just happen to find a ramp???

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Oh... That's where I left it!   :)

But seriously, you're rolling along and just happen to find a ramp???

Yep. Seriously. Its in an abandoned tennis court behind an old elementary school that’s been closedown a few years now . Kids must have made it to jump bikes or skateboards. I figured why not EUC ?

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Damn @meepmeepmayer there are no people where you ride.  It looks like one of those movies where someone wakes up from a coma and everyone is gone.  I'm moving there, no people is my kinda place.

Now that you say it....

It's semi-intentional, though. I tend to wait until all "distractions" are gone from the scene, did that for several people in these photos. And what I'm photographing is usually also something specific, some landscape thing or so, so also no people there.

But there really wasn't much going on on this quiet late Friday afternoon, and together with the sunset sidelights it does look zombie movie like.

• Like 2

Dealer (electricunicycles.eu).

Marty got the same (or a similar one) from Amazon.

Thread with more info (which itself links back to some earlier pages of this photo thread with tire stuff - gotta love the offtopic convolutions on this forum):

• Like 2

On ‎01‎.‎04‎.‎2018 at 2:19 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

Dealer (electricunicycles.eu).

Marty got the same (or a similar one) from Amazon.

i got this tire and installed it on my tesla a few days ago (still no control board <_<)

i bought it off ebay. very cheap.

first impression. it looked slightly less wide

but its just the studs that are taking up more of the space. It also felt more flexible than the kenda tire i had on it. And when sliding it along the floor.

I already know. This thing has a lot of grip

the studs are nice and soft so i wont be expecting the studs to make loud noises on asphalt

then i went on to install it.

then it looked kind of thin

like if it was smaller than 2.125

but its just the studs make up more of the space.

i think the kenda vesion is harder and more stiff.

i was in a recycle store and there was small kids bike that had 12" kenda tire that looked exactly like the one i bought.

Coincidence??

i inspected it a little. It felt a lot more stiff.

so i could definely see why it would be louder

and now. I need to patiently wait for a new control board :blink:  1 week or 2 weeks left i dont know

but it has already been 2-3

Edited by Shad0z

6 hours ago, Shad0z said:

i got this tire and installed it on my tesla a few days ago (still no control board <_<)

i bought it off ebay. very cheap.

first impression. it looked slightly less wide

but its just the studs that are taking up more of the space. It also felt more flexible than the kenda tire i had on it. And when sliding it along the floor.

I already know. This thing has a lot of grip

the studs are nice and soft so i wont be expecting the studs to make loud noises on asphalt

then i went on to install it.

then it looked kind of thin

like if it was smaller than 2.125

but its just the studs make up more of the space.

i think the kenda vesion is harder and more stiff.

i was in a recycle store and there was small kids bike that had 12" kenda tire that looked exactly like the one i bought.

Coincidence??

i inspected it a little. It felt a lot more stiff.

so i could definely see why it would be louder

and now. I need to patiently wait for a new control board :blink:  1 week or 2 weeks left i dont know

but it has already been 2-3

Mad Mike is superb on soft ground, on hard ground I prefer city tires.

The reason. The city tires usually have a wider central run and a slightly flatter profile, which makes them stable when running fast, while the Mad Mike's feel a little more "skittish".

• Like 1