The Photo Thread

SlowMo

Awesome!!! The ominous clouds really sets off your portrait shot,

Sorry but I’m worried about your leather jacket. ;)

40111040065_a940fa0bdd_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Awesome!!! The ominous clouds really sets off your portrait shot,

Sorry but I’m worried about your leather jacket. ;)

40111040065_a940fa0bdd_b.jpg

Haha - thanks for the umbrella. That jacket has been through hell so it's getting a second life through my EUC riding.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2018 at 12:14 AM, Master Blaster said:

I should have propped up my wheel on it for the picture, but all I could think about was getting a hot dog :D

Really?  All I could think was "man! I'd love to go on a water slide right now". :mellow:

• Like 1

About 29/30 deg C surface. Slight thermocline as you go down but no more than a degree or two. 

Sadly heading home at the weekend but seen some awesome things and met some cool people. Do miss my wheel though.... there would be just about enough deck space to ride it round and round but its hot as crap in the direct sunshine. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Scatcat said:

Found a new use for screw in studs!

pedal-studs.jpg.ff0b7000eb0421be06e167cd4b1e9c01.jpg

What, To hold down a manky old piece of grip tape:D

But seriously, aren't you concerned about what happened to @Rehab1 when riding with his studs? 

@nute weren't you just in Finland Skiing?  You sure do get about.  What's next, SpaceX flight?

@WilliG what is that?  A photo of the South China sea you found on Tinternet, or do you have a more informative description for us?

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Scatcat said:

Found a new use for screw in studs!

pedal-studs.jpg.ff0b7000eb0421be06e167cd4b1e9c01.jpg

55 minutes ago, Smoother said:

But seriously, aren't you concerned about what happened to @Rehab1 when riding with his studs? 

Stud Fight!!! I win! ;)

40784305932_716ede5d10_b.jpg

• Like 3

14 hours ago, nute said:

The view out of my window...totally un-EUC related. On a dive boat somewhere in the indian ocean at present... 

Nice whale shark!  Here's another one with a nice diver beside it.  :whistling:  Who names their kid "Ocean?"  :rolleyes:  Don't matter - she's hot.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

What, To hold down a manky old piece of grip tape:D

@nute weren't you just in Finland Skiing?  You sure do get about.  What's next, SpaceX flight?

@WilliG what is that?  A photo of the South China sea you found on Tinternet, or do you have a more informative description for us?

Nope, not concerned at all. It's not a faquir mat-of-nails, just five studs strategically placed on each side. I started with just two, front and back, then added another three to a side.

The result is that I can still move my feet around if I want to - the difference in grip is not that big compared to dry grip-paper. But when wet, the paper looses a lot of grip, while these doesn't.

15 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Stud Fight!!! I win! ;)

40784305932_716ede5d10_b.jpg

As noted above, I wanted some grip, not to glue my feet to the pedals. ;) 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

Nope, not concerned at all. It's not a faquir mat-of-nails, just five studs strategically placed on each side. I started with just two, front and back, then added another three to a side.

The result is that I can still move my feet around if I want to - the difference in grip is not that big compared to dry grip-paper. But when wet, the paper looses a lot of grip, while these doesn't.

As noted above, I wanted some grip, not to glue my feet to the pedals. ;) 

My accident taught me volumes. The ‘glued feet to the pedal’ concept has changed significantly. Each stud has now been ground down to 1/2 the original height. The lower profile blunted studs now allow me the freedom to reposition my feet if required but still reduce slippage when my feet are wet. 

• Like 1

Oh no!  The shark ate her! :roflmao:

Seriously, those swim fins are three times as long as I ever saw.  :blink:

What a great video!  I liked the part where the whale shark almost surfaced, and let huge amounts of water fall into it's mouth, I suppose it was rinsing it's mouth.  Not to mention the rest of the video.:)

image.thumb.png.7f1882c03381680fab00ad82fa34f141.png

Edited by steve454
  • Like 2