The Photo Thread

SlowMo

44 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Mother protecting calf.  Hi Yah!!!  Karate kick to the face.  Those are some good looking cows.:dribble:

that’s a just licked off brand new baby a couple days ago. i really like how the photo turned out.

• Like 1

these oak trees my father relocated to our road fifty plus years ago are certainly a little ecosystem for a variety of animals.our stupid pasco county government would probably rather have them destroyed when developed.

2018-03-15_05-16-55

Edited by novazeus

On 3/11/2018 at 11:05 PM, Marty Backe said:

Enjoyed a very nice ride on my MSuper the day after a rainy Saturday

IMG_20180311_180234625_HDR

Marty if your hands and neck was covered you could definitely pass for a black panther super hero :roflmao:

• Like 1

bought this new wheel hauler today. 2016 vw touareg lux tdi. brand new. it’s a little brick shithouse.

MPG: 21 city / 28 highway
Towing capacity: 7,716 lbs
Horsepower: 240 hp
Torque: 406 lb-ft
Curb weight: 4,919 lbs
Fuel tank capacity: 26.4 gal
2018-03-20_05-50-35

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, novazeus said:

bought this new wheel hauler today. 2016 vw touareg lux tdi. brand new. it’s a little brick shithouse.

MPG: 21 city / 28 highway
Towing capacity: 7,716 lbs
Horsepower: 240 hp
Torque: 406 lb-ft
Curb weight: 4,919 lbs
Fuel tank capacity: 26.4 gal

2018-03-20_05-50-35

You bought this as a second vehicle, and you live in a couple of shipping containers? I'm confused, but feel free not to elaborate.

That thing's got some nice specs, but man is it heavy!

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

You bought this as a second vehicle, and you live in a couple of shipping containers? I'm confused, but feel free not to elaborate.

Must be a diesel, with those torque specs, but yeah, super heavy.

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

i traded my 2015 chevy dooley in on this. down sizing the cattle operation so i might need to tow my dump trailer to bring in feed but i don’t need 20000 lb of bumper tow capacity. much easier to drive. tows as much as the big range rovers, 200lbs heavier, which i like, 12k below sticker at 47k so 25k less than a range rover at least.

ya, i camp out in one non converted cargo container. if i sell the whole 325 acres for $55 million, i’m gone, if i sell 20 acres for multifamily for $8 million, i’ll build something on my 18 acres in the northeast portion on the creek.

i’m gonna pull the tag off the jeep and drop the insurance on it because i never leave the ranch with it and hate paying $1000+ for 300 miles a year or less mileage on it. 

the touareg rides great. very solid. i think i’m gonna like it. Bob is still unsure about how he feels about it.

and yes, tdi means diesel. so hard to find after our government so wisely pulled vehicles off the road like my 2012 passat diesel that got an easy 50mpg on the inerstate. what idiots.

25 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Must be a diesel, with those torque specs, but yeah, super heavy.

6 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i traded my 2015 chevy dooley in on this. down sizing the cattle operation so i might need to tow my dump trailer to bring in feed but i don’t need 20000 lb of bumper tow capacity. much easier to drive. tows as much as the big range rovers, 200lbs heavier, which i like, 12k below sticker at 47k so 25k less than a range rover at least.

ya, i camp out in one non converted cargo container. if i sell the whole 325 acres for $55 million, i’m gone, if i sell 20 acres for multifamily for $8 million, i’ll build something on my 18 acres in the northeast portion on the creek.

i’m gonna pull the tag off the jeep and drop the insurance on it because i never leave the ranch with it and hate paying $1000+ for 300 miles a year or less mileage on it. 

the touareg rides great. very solid. i think i’m gonna like it. Bob is still unsure about how he feels about it.

and yes, tdi means diesel. so hard to find after our government so wisely pulled vehicles off the road like my 2012 passat diesel that got an easy 50mpg on the inerstate. what idiots.

That's all quite interesting. So the Dually's gone, that makes more sense.  What do you mean

"after our government so wisely pulled vehicles off the road like my 2012 passat diesel that got an easy 50mpg on the inerstate. what idiots." ? Just FYI, I can't see you in a Passat.  That's like ZZ top crammed into a Shriners mini car

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Smoother said:

That's all quite interesting. So the Dually's gone, that makes more sense.  What do you mean

"after our government so wisely pulled vehicles off the road like my 2012 passat diesel that got an easy 50mpg on the inerstate. what idiots." ? Just FYI, I can't see you in a Passat.  That's like ZZ top crammed into a Shriners mini car

i mean, our government caught vw fiddling with their emissions software, forget the fact that the diesel passat set a world record of 79.8 mpg while driving to all 48 contiguous states. with that kind of mpg, i’d let them spew soot for crying out loud. 

i had a vette back then too. thanks to young drivers texting, and crashing into them, both of those were sold because they got damaged and evidently it’s impossible to find an repair shop worth a shit.

passats are roomy. best back seat in the biz. 

btw, i doubt if i’ll drive this touareg 1500 miles a year. maybe 150.

Edited by novazeus

3 hours ago, kasenutty said:

They still have brand new 16s on the lot?

rare, this was reeves in tampa’s only one. the diesel recall/ban screwed everything up and i guess a couple of months ago these were released for sale. i was looking on forums last night and evidently these are highly sought after with people paying close to sticker for them. i like the vw brand. very solid build, but if u need these capabilities, especially if u want diesel, and i did, really hard to find. mercedes and range rover, and those are a lot more money.

i thnk touaregs last year in production is 2017 and those are gas.