The Photo Thread

SlowMo

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

It's looking like 2020 will be in the works. And I'll probably do another 7-day tour since my body withstood the rigors of riding 330-miles in the 7-day period.

Absolutely amazing Marty!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, erk1024 said:

Marty, you probably could ride across the country on a wheel. I imagine it could be a small group of 3 or 4 riders. You'd ride 50'ish miles. Then you'd have a truck that would meet you, drop off a fresh wheel. Ride another 50. etc. At night, you'd recharge all the wheels back up to 100% with fast chargers. You could do 150+ miles a day. Coast to coast in 20 days. 

:D  After this 7-days I now know my limits. Our longest day was 60-miles and that was tough. There's no way I could do 100-miles more that once or twice :(

It's a fun thought though.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Our longest day was 60-miles and that was tough. There's no way I could do 100-miles more that once or twice

I think it would be terribly boring doing a cross-country ride. Roads are made for cars, and going on straight, flat ground is the worst.

A ride through Yosemite or Zion in the Summer would be a blast though! If I wasn't stuck in Florida...

Edited by erk1024
  • Like 2

On 10/27/2019 at 7:58 PM, Rehab1 said:

Absolutely amazing Marty!

BTW @Rehab1, the knee wrap idea came from one of your posts.  I've been using compression type but it kept slipping.  The one you recommend was not available.  Found a compression type with elastic straps runner's use works great.  You might not of been with us physically but you were with us in our hearts... 👊

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mark Lee said:

BTW @Rehab1, the knee wrap idea came from one of your posts.  I've been using compression type but it kept slipping.  The one you recommend was not available.  Found a compression type with elastic straps runner's use works great.  You might not of been with us physically but you were with us in our hearts... 👊

Thanks for the call out! So that’s why my ears were burning last week :)  Glad the wrap worked out.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Retrovertigo said:

Extra rear light I bought for my Z10 - complete with the laser lines it projects on the ground. I think it looks cool :D My feet are a hideous bonus :barf:

Um, if the wheel tilts forward, would that project the laser into the eyes of motorists behind you??

• Like 1