The Photo Thread

SlowMo

57 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

FTFY;)

Thanks. I knew something about it didn't feel right but I couldn't put my finger on it.
Thankfully my wife never visits the Forum

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Once in a while you'll accidentally be calling her "Gotway" instead of "honey" without you even noticing (but she will).

LOL😂

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Coco66 said:

Not sure I understand the pic... 

Yeah...kinda vague...a California plate in the parking lot of my apartment building North of Boston (with a ton of trash from the moved in Tennant at the curb tonight) .

My red Monster in foreground.....the vague connection of California EUC riders in California (esp one in Downey).

On 4/19/2019 at 7:01 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

They've got a serious castle there. There are a ton of castles along the Inn river. Nothing better than to plop down one somewhere, call yourself a Lord, and demand duties from the trade on and along the river, that was the idea. If they don't pay up, you blockade them until they do. Too many complainers or an army marching through, hide behind your wall. Such is life as a medieval entrepreneur

Long story....fitting your overall description of castles in the medieval period

In the last few days I was looking at paintings made by Maxime Maufra (1861-1919) specifically 'The Church at Little Andelys'. 

The Church at Little Andelys By Maxime Maufra

The town (Petite Andelys) on the Seine river , hosts the Chateau-Gaillard (Castle). The castle was built (1196-1198) by Richard The LionHeart (King of England and feudal  Duke of Normandy) and the church was built for the workers who built the castle. The castle fell 1204 after his death in 1199 from gangrene from an infected cross bow injury.

The story of the months long siege of the castle included the use of a giant 'trebuchet' that hurled stones weighing a half-ton against the castle walls.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/weaponsandwarfare.com/2018/11/30/chateau-gaillard-and-the-cabulus-the-great-horse-catapult/amp/

https://www.real-world-physics-problems.com/trebuchet-physics.htmlhttps://www.real-world-physics-problems.com/trebuchet-physics.html

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Visiting the Long Beach shoreline on the Nikola, with the Queen Mary in the background.

The Nikola looks totally transformed (especially in this shot) by just "Blacking Out" those white stripes, it really looks much more Business Like and purposeful now! Even with the screw covers, now being left as the only contrasting colour, this also adds something to it's New looks! 

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, fbhb said:

The Nikola looks totally transformed (especially in this shot) by just "Blacking Out" those white stripes, it really looks much more Business Like and purposeful now! Even with the screw covers, now being left as the only contrasting colour, this also adds something to it's New looks! 

Yeah, those white stripes really made the wheel look blocky too, IMO. Now the wheel doesn't look so big.

• Like 1

Guest PogArt Artur
9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

My new Monster seat. Love the 'patina' that my Monster is developing. Like an antique ;)

IMG_0551-Edit

IMG_0556

I were always thinking of EUCs as of STANDING ON devices, the mounted seats are something I wouldn't ever imagine to add on it  :)

It's good looking set!

Edited by PogArt Artur

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

My new Monster seat. Love the 'patina' that my Monster is developing. Like an antique ;)

IMG_0551-Edit

IMG_0556

What's it like for leaning back to brake with it been titled back already ,do you feel like slipping off the back backe😁

• Like 2

My last several people (verbal) encounters while on my 'red rebuild' Monster

1-At the Marblehead Public library:

'do you really love it?'...'I once broke my wrists'

2-At Seabrook , NH near the bridge:

'hey...please stop...I have a question'

'How much does it cost ?'

...guess...

'About $2,500'...

.....amazing ....you're just about right..

3-While droning on the Old Eastern Marsh trail with the Monster leaning on a huge granite block (for sitting) with a dedication to someone engraved in stone on the bench:

(as a bicyclist rides by)....'that was my grandmother'

(Salisbury - Old Eastern Marsh trail photosphere)

https://kuula.co/post/7kR8Q

4-the 4th of July fireworks where I'd left my Monster leaning against a sidewalk post in front of a guys house as he sat in a lawn chair:

'what is that?'

....it's called a self balancing electric unicycle...like one of the two wheels on a Segway...

(After the fireworks)

'you take care of yourself on that thing'

5-riding on the sidewalk while returning back to the train in Salisbury yesterday:

(No words just a smile) from a uniformed police guy (young) riding a three wheeled Segway in the breakdown lane while going in the opposite direction...

6- multiple instances of people yelling something as they were stuck in traffic going to Salisbury or while waiting for the draw bridge at Seabrook to be lowered again.

Old Monster shell

7- Real kids prefer the light sword

Real kids prefer light swords

Edited by Bob Eisenman

5 hours ago, stephen said:

What's it like for leaning back to brake with it been titled back already ,do you feel like slipping off the back backe😁

It's a non-issue. Just like on my recent MSX seat post. When you are sitting on the seat you can't feel that it's not level. And when standing, leaning back for a hard brake provides much better braking because you leans lean against the seat and you brake harder.

Guest PogArt Artur
5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Another epic ride. Almost 11-hours  and 50-miles before we got back to the cars. We were borderline lost in the mountains, descending 3000 feet into a canyon where the only way out was to ride & walk 6+ miles on a rough trail that required traversing a river more then 30 times, sometimes over our knees.

Towards the end, when this picture was taken, we were starting to go crazy with the water crossings, so why not get our group picture standing in the river :D

From the left: @Dzlchef, me, @Rama Douglas, and @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer"

IMG_1942

I'm jealous I coudn't be there with you 😎