The Photo Thread

SlowMo

1 hour ago, Coco66 said:

Wow, 60km offroad dressed like that? And not one gram of dust on you? 

Good mud/dust guard. 😉

All included 😎

Edited by Unventor

8 hours ago, Lucas Alexander Oliver said:

Got a new top speed on my 84v nikola.  Have over 200 miles on my replaced board and it’s gliding perfectly.   I finally heard the 80% beeps and slowed down.  When I stopped and looked I found out I was going 35.1 when the beeping started and I slowed down ..  glue or no glue.  The nikola is a hellluva machine. I love mine... also a helmet holder for when parked or trollying.

3332C931-6C7E-4157-A14F-840C91D1D9A2.jpeg

7657A1D0-9D8A-4DE3-88D2-FF2E5C7443FB.png

How do you get mph in place of km/h on darkensssbot?

i can’t see an option anywhere! :)

54 minutes ago, beast@tanagra said:

Mine is in MPH, too, but I don't remember how. You can change temperature unit from C to F in Application.

DarknessBot reads your iPhones region settings.  If you set your phone to a region that uses metric, that is what DarknessBot will use.  

You can change it in Settings / General / Language & Region / Region

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Sketch said:

DarknessBot reads your iPhones region settings.  If you set your phone to a region that uses metric, that is what DarknessBot will use.  

You can change it in Settings / General / Language & Region / Region

My region is set as U.K. and I’m still getting Km/h

On 6/27/2019 at 6:18 PM, Dzlchef said:

Long way to work today, cloudy in the hills. 

20190627_091708.jpg

I like the look of your homemade pads. Is it neoprene you used?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Unventor said:

I like the look of your homemade pads. Is it neoprene you used?

Those pads are transformational for the Nikola, IMO.  I used a sheet of a motorcycle tank pad called Techspec Xline to cut the top and lower pads.  It’s super thin but still has somewhat of a cushion and super grippy.  It’s comfortable to ride all day and allows me to torque the wheel better for quicker acceleration and braking.  I found with both the upper and lower pads that I stay much more planted on the wheel.  I hit an unexpected bump the other day and the pads made it much easier to keep my feet on the pedals and control the wheel. 

• Like 3

20km ride through the Forêt de Rougeau, about 40km south of Paris.  Spotted a deer and some rabbits. 

The village of Seine-Port nearby is a real jewel !

IMG_20190627_073410.jpg

Edited by Kristof Willen
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Took my KS14S for a last ride before I sell it

So one Kingsong gone, another Kingsong to replace???

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dzlchef said:

So one Kingsong gone, another Kingsong to replace???

No idea. I only use the 14S to commute between buildings at work and since I won't be working any more, time to find a better home.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

No idea. I only use the 14S to commute between buildings at work and since I won't be working any more, time to find a better home.

Congratulations on retirement! :cheers: I would love that experience but it would mean letting my faithful employees go (which includes my sister-in-law).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Congratulations on retirement! :cheers: I would love that experience but it would mean letting my faithful employees go (which includes my sister-in-law).

Sounds like you're never going to retire then. That's a bummer :(

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Sounds like you're never going to retire then. That's a bummer :(

It seems that way. I did cut back to 4 days/ week and still enjoy helping the kids.

I tried selling my practice last year but was low balled so I turned down the offer. Another bad EUC accident would definitely push me into retirement. :shock2:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

What is the normal age to retire in the US? 

In Denmark they just passed laws to raise the age every 5years meaning I would be around 72 if that should every happen to me...

So I took up riding EUC to not needing to worry about pension plans 😉 anymore. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

It seems that way. I did cut back to 4 days/ week and still enjoy helping the kids.

I tried selling my practice last year but was low balled so I turned down the offer. Another bad EUC accident would definitely push me into retirement. :shock2:

Oh, I thought you had sold it but part of the deal was that you'd still be running the business for X amount of time.

As long as you're enjoying yourself. But you don't need me to tell you that you're not getting any younger.

In my case I decided to front-load my leisure time instead of waiting. It's reality; the older you get the less active you are. So I want more active years in retirement not less. And more quality time with the wife.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Unventor said:

What is the normal age to retire in the US? 

In Denmark they just passed laws to raise the age every 5years meaning I would be around 72 if that should every happen to me...

So I took up riding EUC to not needing to worry about pension plans 😉 anymore. 

Normal? I really don't know. I think it tends to be 65 on average. But I'm fortunate to be able to exit at 59.

If you are dependent on government retirement funds, that's 65 for sure. But if you don't require the government you can retire whenever you wish.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Well we can't have that can we? So you har hereby order not to have accidents on euc or other means.... ever. 😎

BTW how do I pay up to @Marty Backe KS16X Trust fund? I believe my deadline was the 1st July or was it August? 

On 6/30/2019 at 9:37 PM, Marty Backe said:

IMG_20190629_194313

Love that picture. Iconic look to it. 

• Like 1