The Photo Thread

SlowMo

22 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

I dunno...maybe when the EUC industry makes them in the US I'll give it more thought.

Just wanted to be sure that you knew WheelLog has a Imperial/Metric configuration switch.

18 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

What kind of engineer are you that can't think in metric?😋 Probably an M.E.

I'm a product of the culture that I grew up in. I can semi-think in metric, but it's not natural.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Just wanted to be sure that you knew WheelLog has a Imperial/Metric configuration switch.

Speaking of the 'non sequitur'

1st...Marty...you are a great EUC influence....

2nd...It was several km of Monster riding before the switch was found for English units....by then a 30-33 kph feeling had set in....decided to keep using it.... converse is true for Ninebot One E+ which I app set to miles around day#1 of use...

3rd...An aside.....

My Uncle on my mother's side served in Alaska and later Eritrea (info from his son/my cousin) , Africa during WWII as a mechanic. Following WWII he took a New York State job funded traveling about the state teaching the metric system (and its base 10 advantages to the English system) to school age pupils until he retired and passed away.

His son (my cousin) now has Alzheimer's and lives with 2nd wife from Maine.

4th...As for me and Patriotism in the field of ocular genetics.....I did a year long research study in 1998-1999 as a 'lowly research tech' at Mass Eye and Ear using now antiquated technical methods employing radioactively tagged DNA precursors (high tech spectroscopic with fluorescence tagged is now en vogue)

Since the new Gene discovery (RPGR) was European (esp. German) suspicion on the computational discovery with little clinical correlation was high. To a greater extent , despite finding similar patient correlations in retinitis pigmentisa patients in my year long study, the early RPGR publication study  quickly took second place to another RPGR publication by the same European group on the same 'gene' but as an 'alternatavely spliced' transcript with a 'mutation hot spot'. Current medical dogma supports certain DNA mutations in 'exons' as pathogenic (cause disease).

The lab director (Dryja) , a devoted Catholic with 6 kids, asked me to leave the lab for a couple of reasons as the pathogenicity of the newer discovery took center stage.

Perhaps you too are a Catholic on a winning streak.

RPGR 1999

RPGR

RPGR 2000

RPGR

Hey....When I was an undergraduate we were taught to use (the German) Beilstein' index for organic chemistry.

If it weren't for certain European research discoveries in vision I'd have less to be credited for 😁 in decades gone by.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beilstein_database

Edited by Bob Eisenman

19 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Part of a Blackhawk helicopter is seen flying towards the USS Constitution after fly the opposite way a bit earlier

I heard it coming

I opened the camera app

I took a shot

Blackhawk helicopter - Boston

I've toured the plant where the Apache is made in Mesa, AZ which is super cool, not open to the public.   Upon leaving one of the buildings there was an Apache hovering about 30 yards above me, pointed straight at me.   It's so freaking menacing with the front turret gun, I'm sure that I'd have crapped my pants instantly if that was seriously after me!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dzlchef said:

the Apache 

@DzlchefI used to play 'AH 64 Longbow' , Jane's simulation. Shooting those high trajectory 'Hellfire' missiles, popping up behind terrain features to scan the terrain for targets and just plain target practicing with the machine gun and folding fin rockets was a head rush.

I moved into Mass. around 1969. One of my friends from CT my previous home state was in the guard with the A10 squad at Bradley. He went to the Gulf in his capacity as aircraft maintenaince. Hadn't seen him for awhile but then at a wedding he told some stories about patching A10s with ground fire holes.

When the Blue Angels closed Pease AFB there was an A10 on deck. Approaching the Pilot' ,who was holding a depleted uranium round in his hands , he placed it into the hands of visitors like myself.

He (the pilot)said that there is a room in D.C. where , if a chest of these shells is removed, it is considered an announcement of an act of war.

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Like 1

On 6/12/2019 at 3:28 PM, Marty Backe said:

semi-think in metric, but it's not natural.

I have to struggle with the thought that I weigh about 16 stone.

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Like 1

On 6/4/2019 at 3:04 AM, RoadRunner said:

Received my bodyguard today from @The Fat Unicyclist.

Very impressed, worth every penny i would say.

Now i dont have to be scared if it falls. :D

Thanks @RoadRunner... Not stressing about a bit of damage to your wheel really is liberating, so I'm glad we were able to help you out.... To push your limits further!   :thumbup:

You are also one of the first riders to get the "revised version" with a number of tweaks, including larger LED cut-outs (thanks in part to feedback from @Flyboy10).

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Not stressing about a bit of damage to your wheel really is liberating

Amen! I feel like I would not be having so much fun (aka pushing the limits) if I was wondering how my wheel would look if I fall. How much bigger did you make the holes? What is the diameter?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

Amen! I feel like I would not be having so much fun (aka pushing the limits) if I was wondering how my wheel would look if I fall. How much bigger did you make the holes? What is the diameter?

The LED holes are up from 11mm to 15mm and (with the V2 mudguard becoming more prolific) we have slightly flared the "back end" to ensure for a better fit.  

And if that wasn't enough... keep an eye on You Tube for something else coming soon!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

The LED holes are up from 11mm to 15mm and (with the V2 mudguard becoming more prolific) we have slightly flared the "back end" to ensure for a better fit.  

And if that wasn't enough... keep an eye on You Tube for something else coming soon!

:confused1:.. :popcorn:... My KS16X... :sleep1:waiting... 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Teaser?  Did you attend the Kingsong School of Torment? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Teaser?  Did you attend the Kingsong School of Torment? 

Perhaps... 

And just to add to the pain... The new offer is exactly the same, but so different. And you will possibly see it from someone else, not me!

• Like 3

On 6/12/2019 at 8:24 PM, Marty Backe said:

BTW, what kind of American are you that leaves WheelLog configured in metric?

;)

The genious and logical kind? 😆

BEST regards

Boogie from Sweden that prefers 10divisor before 3/4 and whatnot 😁

• Like 1

20 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Perhaps... 

And just to add to the pain... The new offer is exactly the same, but so different. And you will possibly see it from someone else, not me!

Just a guess here, but are you hinting KS listen and made a cover for the KS16X? 

17 minutes ago, Unventor said:
21 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Perhaps... 

Just a guess here, but are you hinting KS listen and made a cover for the KS16X? 

Oh I really hope not... The EUC Bodyguard is my retirement plan!   ;)

No, what I am suggesting is that while we are offering the same product, there may be something new about it that is quite different.

In addition, the recipient of said product will be seeing it for the first time when they open the box. So as not to spoil that moment, we are not going to post any photos / videos in advance. Which means that the first publicity may come from the proud owner rather than Roll.nz .   :D

• Like 2