The Photo Thread

SlowMo

20 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

2A735A74-4768-4930-8BA6-2D56089D75CE.thumb.jpeg.a6f80f92e4db12ea4ed9f631ef891525.jpeg

Ah.... I remember when my 18XL looked as new and unscathed as that... Why, oh why, didn't I buy an EUC bodyguard the day I bought the wheel? Otherwise it probably wouldn't look like this... 

447817583-76528.jpg

Can't wait to get my hobbit-crafted neoprene sleeve, @The Fat Unicyclist

:D:D:D

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, travsformation said:

Ah.... I remember when my 18XL looked as new and unscathed as that... Why, oh why, didn't I buy an EUC bodyguard the day I bought the wheel? Otherwise it probably wouldn't look like this... 

447817583-76528.jpg

Hold out a bit longer @travsformation… It's on the way (with something special just for you too)… Your EUC Bodyguard will cover all of that damage, and prevent any more (in case you want to replace your shells)!

• Like 2

On 5/11/2019 at 7:02 PM, travsformation said:

447817583-76528.jpg

God damn! Looks like you've been using it to polish the road.  Hopefully the road looks a little shinier now; or it was all for nothing.

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 3

On 2/23/2019 at 5:48 PM, Bob Eisenman said:

'there's no money in Gloucester'. Who am I to say?... Chickens or maybe a rooster were heard while waiting for the 5:23 pm  train.

5-12-2019...my comment to 'the EUC lifestyle'

"Gloucester-based seafood company closes abruptly, leaving 150 jobless"

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2019/05/11/gloucester-based-seafood-company-closes-abruptly-leaving-unemployed/QYpkWmq8cZ8fD6AFA9eLpI/story.html

So.....I stood at the Gloucester commuter rail stop a few weeks ago after a twentyish mile ride from Salem. Two or three people looked at my Monster and one of them said...'I'll bet that costs about $2,000'....yeah, I replied (thinking sheepishly to myself) as the train to Boston pulled in to the platform for a $4.50 ride back home.

Edited by Bob Eisenman

1 minute ago, Dave U said:

I wonder why I'm all full of sweat, :efee96588e: those steep hills were kicking my ass! Literally..:roflmao:

:laughbounce2: Sorry I gave you such a workout on this ride, but it had to be done :)  You're a better trail rider now and will be ready for even tougher stuff in the future :thumbup:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

All the wheel on a group ride in Helsinki. I bet you cannot recognize them all. 

DC91D96E-A850-48F6-8403-29FD304C77C8.jpeg

The one on the left is obviously a modified KS16B :D   What's the story behind it?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Not a bad guess but the answer is modified KS16S ;)

The story is a broken shell and a total remake by a talented person, @Peter Köhler. Note the two wheels with giant footplates. 

guessed a "B" model because I didn't think someone would replace the shell on such a new wheel as the "S". Thanks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

A couple more beach photos with my newly painted KS18XL

IMG_20190507_171702250_HDR

IMG_20190507_182111049_HDR

I'm a bit of an amateur genealogist.  I've researched my family back 10 generations.  I've been researching the name Backe as I have come across it before in my research.

The family tree branches quite a bit, with German and English branches and I think some Dutch too.  I'm waiting on a an email reply from a contact and I'll report what I find.

• Like 1