The Photo Thread

SlowMo

3 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Sorry for picture spam:)

Today's glorious, glorious ride! Join me for a tour through some south Bavarian scenery.

The first location is the town of Aschau im Chiemgau. This is the river Prien running through it and the Hohenaschau castle. The rocky mountain ridge in the background on the left is the rather famous Kampenwand mountain.

2.jpg

<snip>

How far do you live from all of this? You don't make videos, but man, I could create some beautiful riding videos if I lived around there.

"Dude showing ass" totally see that as your new EUC ridinf outfit.  Marty's got the Darth Vader look you can have the "You can spank me if you can catch me" look.

BTW what was the large wooden box in front of the painted windows building.

"Skinned by Croates" hummmm! A tragic even of the past or a warning from the future?

7 hours ago, tessa25 said:

@meepmeepmayer I was going to make a request that you ride through Baldham one day (lived there as a child), but then I google earthed my old street and our old apartment building looks completely trashed.

This one?

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

How far do you live from all of this? You don't make videos, but man, I could create some beautiful riding videos if I lived around there.

The left end point of the route is where I live. So not too far. Around 30 minutes to the mountains. One could definitely make some really nice tour videos in the area, I'm aware of that. Maybe one day...

Or you visit and make videos yourself. Plenty of rides to do here;)

5 hours ago, tenofnine said:

"Dude showing ass" was definitely hogging your filmstrip. Were his sculpted buns the highlight of the ride? :whistling:

Yep:D The buns and the murder picture in some random meadow were unexpected surprises. You expect mountains and stuff, but this can't be predicted, which is always cool.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Smoother said:

"Dude showing ass" totally see that as your new EUC ridinf outfit.  Marty's got the Darth Vader look you can have the "You can spank me if you can catch me" look.

Let me think about it... hmmm... NO!:efeff54d4a:

4 minutes ago, Smoother said:

BTW what was the large wooden box in front of the painted windows building.

I should know, but I don't. Looks like a loom.

I'll likely pass it later today so I can have a closer look at it.

Just now, meepmeepmayer said:

This is actually great, it motivates me to visit a random area that I'd never seen otherwise. Exactly what every EUC rider needs:) (besides bigger batteries)

Mimmos has great ratings. Perhaps the building looks trashed because it's being redone.

Guest PogArt Artur
4 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Some more photos of the place from today's ride.

Nicely painted houses. There's a rhyme on it: "Das schönste im Leben das Gott kann geben ist ein zufriedenes Heim um darin glücklich zu sein." - The nicest thing in life that God can give is a contented/happy home to happily live in."

IMG-20190420-162256.jpg

And another one. "Haschl's guest house". The inscription says "tavern inn since the 14th century".

IMG-20190420-162521.jpg

@Smoother And here's the wooden mystery box. It's hollow and you can continually rotate the "dial" to have these wooden hammers hit it.

"Donated by sacristan Sepp Englberger"

IMG-20190420-162001.jpg

It's hollow.

IMG-20190420-162032.jpg

Hammers and dial.

IMG-20190420-162047.jpg

By the way, ass man is Saint Florian, and apparently there's another town where he's baring it:D (Image from Wikipedia).

Bad_T%C3%B6lz_Skulptur_Heiliger_Florian.

Beautiful !!!

Guest PogArt Artur
1 hour ago, stephen said:

You've been to bingley park week done you , how's the progress

It's hard to tell @stephen, really ...

I feel more familiar riding it, I'm managing go slow, or sharp 90 degrees pavements corners if needed, not able to jump over 4" kerbs, and after rethinking it, I think I won't force it, it may come to me at reasonable time...

Even if I learn the kerbs, it will be always very risky trying it in public...

What if I fell off just next to the car...

I'm still after to learn it,improve it, but I'm not that much keen to use it in busy town, if you know I mean :)

I had stepped off the wheel and dropped it on very narrow uneven pavement, on the way to that park... 

That snake road you going to the park from Harden ...

The asphalt has had many path holes, very narrow, at my left was 40mph limited speed road, I were riding on that narrowed pavement, and at my right was the stone fence along...

At some point it became so risky riding, because the cars were going like crazy (40mph but I bet some were going faster!) so I wanted to get off the wheel, but because it was so narrow, when I stepped off, I had no much room to stand next to the wheel, so I've dropped the wheel trying not to fall...

That's the lesson, to not getting off the wheel onto such narrowed pavements...

At some point I believe I've speeded up too much :) as the E+ started beeping , lol  :)

It might be a sign, that I'm getting more confident..?

I'm still trying to getting on the wheel, having the feet parallel...

Very often the foot I'm placing is landing a bit behind, or a bit up front, lol?

So I'm gently trying to adjust that foot, making it as parallel as possible.

So this is what my skills are at the moment @stephen :)

I think I'm gonna make it for next year join you in Blackpool :)

Guest PogArt Artur
23 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Looks funny when you read the comment „beautiful“ and see the ass man :laughbounce2:

Lol !!!!!

Hahahahaaaa !

You're right @Roadrunner :)

What a #^*% silly coincident ... hahahahaaaa :)

I meant - all those pictures/place, buildings and the rhythm that @meepmeepmayer has mention :)

But then it ended up below the last photo where the bare ass is , lol :)

7 hours ago, tenofnine said:

Had to do it.

feeling cute statue.jpg

Come to think of it, this image would represent a typical English town's club district on a Friday or Saturday night.  You've got plenty of alcohol (witness the keg) and some idiot has got half naked, put something silly on his head and mooned someone.  Yep, bang up to date this statue, for England.

2 hours ago, Smoother said:

Come to think of it, this image would represent a typical English town's club district on a Friday or Saturday night.  You've got plenty of alcohol (witness the keg) and some idiot has got half naked, put something silly on his head and mooned someone.  Yep, bang up to date this statue, for England.

Ten points to the man who recreates this on an EUC... 

• Like 2

Exploring the wildflowers of Southern California on the KS18XL. I felt like I was in a scene from the Wizard of Oz :)

IMG_20190421_171845_00_054_2019-04-22_08-56-59_screenshot

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1