The Photo Thread

SlowMo

On 3/24/2019 at 7:42 PM, Marty Backe said:

I need to come up with a better way to store my wheels :facepalm:

IMG_0390

did you ever made a comparison video 18xl vs msx ?, curiosity of 18xl is killing me, lol, but I do Love my msx....

2 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

did you ever made a comparison video 18xl vs msx ?, curiosity of 18xl is killing me, lol, but I do Love my msx....

I do want to make one, but I haven't yet taken the 18XL into the mountains. I want to stress test it like the other wheels. We had a wet winter this year so it's been difficult, but everything is drying out so expect to get out there in the next couple of weeks. I'm really curious how it does compared to the MSX.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Drove to Toronto today for a group ride, 14 people it was awesome. Had an opportunity to ride 18XL and to my surprised that wheel is not for me at all.

what I liked: the handle, how body fits snug all the way up to the knee and pedal size.

what I didn't like: flat pedals (I though I was gonna fall of it) no angle at all, tire size (felt flimsy kind of), not as solid as msx.

To me it felt like race/ street bicycle vs mountain bike (msx).

Looking forward to your comparison video...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Arbolest said:

:blink:

Is the monster @n2eus was riding a custom color?!?!

No. He rides the hell out of his 100-volt Monster (over 5000-miles). The shell color has been faded by the Sun.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gaz Bon said:

As always Marty top Cali pics

Nice off road tire on the red monster

Yeah, @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" has been installing knobby tires  lately - you should see his MSX.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2019 at 7:42 PM, Marty Backe said:

I need to come up with a better way to store my wheels :facepalm:

IMG_0390

I know it's such a small probability but seeing so much potential energy in one place makes me nervous. If one battery pack went off and the rest followed in a chain reaction you'd be able to see it from space :eff02518bb:

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, tenofnine said:

I know it's such a small probability but seeing so much potential energy in one place makes me nervous. If one battery pack went off and the rest followed in a chain reaction you'd be able to see it from space :eff02518bb:

Not to mention in the middle of a woodshop! :w00t2:

• Like 3

I think a lot more people hereabouts  would be wheeling if the barriers to entry weren't so high: learning to ride, needing to buy-without-try from a faraway stranger. Several times a week I meet people who really seem like they would to try it out if they could give it a go. A subset of family, friends, co-workers are also curious to try them out and some of these might become riders if some of the logistics around getting into the sport are reduced. I'm putting my thoughts on this to the test by bringing in a few wheels for use as demo / training / rental / sale wheels, establishing a training / demo process, and we'll see what happens.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, winterwheel said:

I should mention this is not a slight on Gotway, I am Gotway all the way. Just didn't find a GW  wheel that was good as an inexpensive starter wheel to buy in bulk for sharing. Hope to bring in a bunch of Gotway wheels in the future if this project gets any traction at all.

Best wishes on your venture! Sounds exciting! :thumbup:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, winterwheel said:

I should mention this is not a slight on Gotway, I am Gotway all the way. Just didn't find a GW  wheel that was good as an inexpensive starter wheel to buy in bulk for sharing. Hope to bring in a bunch of Gotway wheels in the future if this project gets any traction at all.

Yes, I have found Gotway "less than easy" to work with in that way... Combine that with the chances that your purchases will be "the previous model" before the boat lands and it makes the proposition challenging!

• Like 1