The Photo Thread

SlowMo

9 hours ago, Dave U said:

Thanks Marty for the great adventures. This has been like the best dirt riding for me to date! Its awesome to hang out with such great riders! My first ride on the Nikola and it impressed me. Well job done Nikki, This wheel is great..

You're welcome Dave, and I had fun riding with you and the gang. Cool that we had all three Nikola versions on this ride.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Hermes said:

I recently rebuilt and customized my beloved first wheel: the Msuper V2. Just need to find some sort of trolley so I can use it for around town...

IMG_3949.jpeg

Fantastic work. Looks like something out of the 40's. Gorgeous. 

13 hours ago, erk1024 said:

Fantastic work. Looks like something out of the 40's. Gorgeous. 

Thank you, that's what I was going for. This would have been my dream job as a young man: cruising the woods and maintaining trails!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Hermes said:

Thank you, that's what I was going for. This would have been my dream job as a young man: cruising the woods and maintaining trails!

One thing that's interesting about it, is people who saw you riding it wouldn't know if it was from the future or the past. Maybe it's from an alternate timeline where we had flying cars in the 50's. Or maybe this is secret WW2 technology that has been unearthed, and you got your hands on one.

When I'm riding my wheel, the reaction I get the most from people is confusion. "What the heck IS that?" is written on their faces. Otherwise I get a few thumbs up or "So Cool!" from kids. If you ride that wheel around they are going to be even more confused.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, erk1024 said:

One thing that's interesting about it, is people who saw you riding it wouldn't know if it was from the future or the past. Maybe it's from an alternate timeline where we had flying cars in the 50's. Or maybe this is secret WW2 technology that has been unearthed, and you got your hands on one.

When I'm riding my wheel, the reaction I get the most from people is confusion. "What the heck IS that?" is written on their faces. Otherwise I get a few thumbs up or "So Cool!" from kids. If you ride that wheel around they are going to be even more confused.

You totally get it. Yes, quite a contrast to my Star Wars Imperial-inspired, totally sleek MSX. At the "vintage" speeds of the V2, I might start having conversations with people again instead of flying by...:ph34r:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Arbolest said:

I finally decided to go an a little adventure into the hills near my city. Found a whole world I never knew was there...

That’s the best thing about these wheels. Discovering and going places you would not have without them.

Edited by fryman
English
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, fryman said:

I just noticed @Bob Eisenman and @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" Wear the same body armor. 

Ha ha

I was about 18 Mike's short of 9000 while riding along the Charles River, a kind of Ventura beach ride experience. A 'side trail' near the Northeastern University boat house used by joggers had caught my attention. I decided to try it and found the riverside path to be full of exposed tree roots from high water erosion(?) with the river a few feet  away. One root got the best of me and into the grass I was pitched. It was so slow that Monster just fell over rather than 'dance'.

The grass stains washed out in the laundry and I went on to reach my 9000 mile goal. Stretched upper arm tendons are a bit sore. 

Screenshot_20190906-200220-01

Yesterday I went to Marblehead (smooth ride) and made a 360 photo sphere.

https://kuula.co/post/7qZzR

The cluster of white marks (dots/slashes) seen off shore are probably small sailboats in a race or a class.

Edited by Bob Eisenman

1 hour ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Ha ha

I was about 18 Mike's short of 9000 while riding along the Charles River, a kind of Ventura beach ride experience. A 'side trail' near the Northeastern University boat house used by joggers had caught my attention. I decided to try it and found the riverside path to be full of exposed tree roots from high water erosion(?) with the river a few feet  away. One root got the best of me and into the grass I was pitched. It was so slow that Monster just fell over rather than 'dance'.

The grass stains washed out in the laundry and I went on to reach my 9000 mile goal. Stretched upper arm tendons are a bit sore. 

Screenshot_20190906-200220-01

Yesterday I went to Marblehead (smooth ride) and made a 360 photo sphere.

https://kuula.co/post/7qZzR

The cluster of white marks (dots/slashes) seen off shore are probably small sailboats in a race or a class.

Hope your arm heals quickly. Congrats on 9000 miles you ROAD WARRIOR!