The Photo Thread

SlowMo

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm getting there, but editing down 50+ clips is very time consuming. Did you see the video I just posted, made by Jericho?

Got it. Thanks for the heads-up, this will have to tide me over.:lol:

• Like 1

The whole idea of cameras that 'fly' gives us a perspective not experienced a decade or two ago. Marty's flying 360 camera gives us a view of California unique to his electric unicycle, Google's street cam allows us to zoom in to any covered map location and camera drones put aerial image acquisition into the hands of amateur ( but registered ) drone pilots like myself. The sheer management of updating Google Street images seems mind boggling with perhaps algorithms guiding Google maps to changes. Google Street view seems to be on top of these local intersection improvements

Loring and Jefferson and Canal streets at SSU

Here is a Google Earth picture of the intersection a block away when it housed a bus stop and trees.

Over one year + the engineers have been transforming the intersection into a more efficient intersection , in terms of traffic flow. Gone is the bus stop. New sidewalk gives the biker or me, the town's only electric unicyclist, a clean path all the way into downtown Salem. I took this photo on Thanksgiving day with a DJI Spark.

The work seems to be done with fancy red and green asphalt inlay crosswalks laid down by workers on their knees and secured to the grooved surface by heat applying machines.

The 360 sphere I made shows the new smooth sidewalk , funded in part by a cooperative project to establish a bike path from the Marblehead Rail trail at SSU all the way downtown on the Salvo memorial bike path closest to downtown (to the north). 

https://panoraven.com/slider/F4HzK0K8fz

Despite a finicky on/off switch I braved the cold rode for a bit more on Thanksgiving and took another 360 sphere at a nearby golf course. The cold weather got the best of the Ninebot switch and I ended up lugging it back to where I live when I found out the EUC would not power itself up. Once back inside it still more or less powers up/down as expected.

Edited by Bob Eisenman

6 hours ago, stephen said:

Absolutely amazing pic but your Baywatch days are over look at this poor guy😮 on the left of pic if you zoom in😃

Screenshot_20181127_085142.jpg

:laughbounce2:

On 11/27/2018 at 4:27 AM, Rehab1 said:

Very creative! Nice photo!

Thanks. A little backstory for this picture...

My intention was not to be so deep in the water. I had setup the camera on some nearby boulders to take a sequence of photos. As I positioned myself I heard a bigger than normal wave behind me. It was too late, so I just stood my ground. A big wave (bigger than what you see here) swept over me and the Tesla, soaking my legs halfway up my shin and splashing on the Tesla. "Oh well", I thought, "at least maybe I got some good pictures".

It was a very uncomfortable next few hours until I was able to get home and get out of soggy shoes, socks, pants, etc. :)

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Surf's up ....to 13+ feet near Boston.... EUC is down below out of sight.

Phillips beach, Swampscott, MA 11-27-2018

Ride to Phillips beach. Wave report says 8-9 feet high. 

What do you mean EUC is down below out of site???? Do you mean you went riding somewhere?

Edited by Jediah Matthew

On 11/21/2018 at 12:10 PM, Unventor said:

Todays pictures as I am leaving work on my commute to supermarket and then home. 4.5km as shopping in less than 30min. 

The joy is simply priceless. Easy, fast and yet riding slow due to low temp around 2-3 Celsius in the dark.

IRS20181121_180912.jpg

IRS20181121_181011.jpg

THAT BAG PACK. WOW

Edited by Jediah Matthew

56 minutes ago, Jediah Matthew said:

out of site???

Yeah...the Ninebot is out of sight of the camera. I'm not the Marty type when I'm on sand.

@Jediah Matthew

I've done a lot of Blender stuff . I'm new to drones.

Surf animationEUC mesh

Blender is cool but it  gets too complicated for me for long term memory use of its user interface.

Edited by Bob Eisenman

25 minutes ago, Jediah Matthew said:

THAT BAG PACK. WOW

Hehe and it is cheap..real cheap 149 sek or about 15 euro. If you chose it in black is is 99 sek or 10 euro. Plus shipping. 

If you pack light it is fine. Heavy packing, choose something else as it bulks out to the back as the shell is semi hard shell suitcase. 

This is the Swedish web store I bought it from

https://www.xlmoto.se/ryggsack-course-slipstream-vattenresistent#?p

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Thanks. A little backstory for this picture...

My intention was not to be so deep in the water. I had setup the camera on some nearby boulders to take a sequence of photos. As I positioned myself I heard a bigger than normal wave behind me. It was too late, so I just stood my ground. A big wave (bigger than what you see hear) swept over me and the Tesla, soaking my legs halfway up my shin and splashing on the Tesla. "Oh well", I thought, "at least maybe I got some good pictures".

It was a very uncomfortable next few hours until I was able to get home and get out of soggy shoes, socks, pants, etc. :)

i saw so much your testing video, that's very cool, take care yourself. bro.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2018 at 4:28 PM, Bob Eisenman said:

Blender is cool but it  gets too complicated for me for long term memory use of its user interface

When I look at the competition, my creations become less competent

https://blenderguru.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ac8ab0580c321574fe178a646&id=1890ac0a8e&e=3f0e240485