Charging your EUC at a Tesla charging station? Anyone ever done this?

BKW

I've never done this, so I have a lot of questions that someone might be able to help me out answering:

1. Has anyone ever charged their EUC at a Tesla charging station (or anything similar to the public)?
  2. A quick google search says it's typically $0.25 per kWh to charge at these public chargers. If I have a 3600Wh (3.6Kh) battery, does that mean it'll only cost me $0.90 to fully charge per use (i.e., 3.6Kh * $0.25 = $0.90)?
  3. What's your overall experience doing this at one of these stations? Anything else to add?

Another reason I'm curious about these is that if I plan on traveling in an RV, for example, I can use these stations across the nation to charge if reasonable. This is very intriguing to me. I obviously don't want to use solar panels or charge at a McDonalds or something every day, etc.

• Like 1

Tesla chargers are DC chargers for your car, its for use on much larger battery packs than you got. Same goes for Chademo and CSS chargers (50KW+) idk if those are standard in the US tho.

What you are looking for are the "slow" public AC chargers, they already got way more juice than your battery pack can take anyway. 

Was gonna post the video above but Cerbera beat me to it :D

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Hell yeah! Thanks! Great video and information! Saving this video

A few other questions if someone would like to help answer:

1. Max safe charging amperage for Sherman Max? 10 amps? I've heard people going higher?
  2. How long do you think it'd take to charge a 3600Wh battery using the EUC's full amp charge ability? 4 hours? Less? Can it make it quicker, safer?
  3. Probably best to go with a charger like the "Roger Charger" for a quick change of different volt currents like 240, etc?
Edited by BKW

Onewheelers tried doing it once but they wired the plug wrong and blowup the onewheel charger... Just find an regular old outlet... What is wrong with your RV outlets??! 

Edited by MetricUSA

4 hours ago, MetricUSA said:

Onewheelers tried doing it once but they wired the plug wrong and blowup the onewheel charger... Just find an regular old outlet... What is wrong with your RV outlets??! 

Not really an "RV", more like a van that has no outlets; hence, electric chargers. Don't want to do the solar panel thing as it wouldn't be very efficient for such a large battery.

But, I've kind of scrapped the van idea for now, but maybe in future

• 3 weeks later...