Begode Extreme 2400wh: 134V, 16", Suspension, 77lb

Ronin

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, eijay said:

In the outer side of the motor cover, no part of the bearing is exposed to tap the it out unlike masters, ex30 etc.. I can't tap from the inside since it will just push the bearing back in

I see.

Once heated, the fit between the bearings and the motor cover bearings bore isn't very tight.

And hence, you can tap the cover/bearings partially back onto the axle. The fit between the axle and the bearings should be a lot tighter than the fit between the cover and bearings once heated.

Once the bearings is out of the cover, you can then use a bearings puller to get the bearings off the axle.

Edited by techyiam

11 hours ago, BlueCrow said:

Is there an option in the app for the Extreme to turn the startup and shutdown beeps completely off like the V14?

you can lower the beeper volume with the app, pwm beeps will always use max volume

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vince.Fab said:

Finally got around to finishing up the billet H Frame replacement.  I redesigned all the stock Begode structural weak points and added quad needle bearings.

TK Edition parts

20240610_212823.jpg

20240610_212936.jpg

20240610_212952.jpg

Work of art!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Vince.Fab said:

Finally got around to finishing up the billet H Frame replacement.  I redesigned all the stock Begode structural weak points and added quad needle bearings.

TK Edition parts

20240610_212823.jpg

20240610_212936.jpg

20240610_212952.jpg

Looks expensive, nice job!

• Like 1

@Rawnei material cost isn't too bad but had to get some special tooling and the hours... and hours of design, 3dprint, verify, redesign...ect. Tolerances and alignment is super important with this part but I think I nailed it.

Hopefully want to outsource these to get the price down.   Or, best possible base, get Begode to redesign their parts.  There's no reason the stock bH bar should be made so weak and I've known quite a few to break.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Vince.Fab said:

@Rawnei material cost isn't too bad but had to get some special tooling and the hours... and hours of design, 3dprint, verify, redesign...ect. Tolerances and alignment is super important with this part but I think I nailed it.

Hopefully want to outsource these to get the price down.   Or, best possible base, get Begode to redesign their parts.  There's no reason the stock bH bar should be made so weak and I've known quite a few to break.

Oh I agree, it's paper thin at places, kinda mind boggling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

Oh I agree, it's paper thin at places, kinda mind boggling.

Some of the outer webbing on the bolt holes are 0.030" thick.   In the billet ones I've increased it to 0.125", 4x the original thickness at those failure points

Edited by Vince.Fab
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

What's the speaker/rear light wire color order at the JST terminal connector?

I had to pop the wires out to get it through the gasket. Regrettably didn't take a photo first.

Next time you open up your board housing, please snap a photo for me.

JST-XH-2-54mm-Pitch-3-Pin-Wire-Connector-XH-2-54mm-3P-Male-Plug-Female.jpg_Q90.thumb.jpg.c196c08b36512299af61806ccace8873.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello guys!

I've just received my brand new 50S Extreme.
It was charged to 60% in the factory, started to charge it to 100% a few hours ago. Currently the charging is finished (I guess) and Cell Equalizing in progress.
At the moment it shows 100%, but only at 131.3V. Probably the charger is offset, I'll check on it later as I don't have the necessary tools to measure it.
I'm a bit concerned about 1 cell according to the BMS. The 24R seems low, EUC World flagging it with blue sometimes.
I'll give it 2 more hours of balancing (already doing it for 3-4 hours now) and plug it off for the night.
Are there any risk if I go with it for a ride tomorrow?

Thanks in advance!

461241130_499375319634056_4750298969421778647_n.jpg

4 hours ago, NMY said:

I'm a bit concerned about 1 cell according to the BMS. The 24R seems low, EUC World flagging it with blue sometimes.
I'll give it 2 more hours of balancing (already doing it for 3-4 hours now) and plug it off for the night.
Are there any risk if I go with it for a ride tomorrow?

Although 24R is currently reading lower than the other cells, it is ONLY off by 24mv and given there is a leeway of up to 100mv in general before any real concern I would think the extra time cell balancing won't hurt. Also, riding the wheel should be fine at which point burning off some charge will allow you to charge/balance it again for a second time to check on that one 24R cell!

Successive charge cycles will most likely even out All the cell groups over time IMO, although I'm no battery expert others may chime in with their opinions, but your groups already look fairly close as a starting point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, fbhb said:

Although 24R is currently reading lower than the other cells, it is ONLY off by 24mv and given there is a leeway of up to 100mv in general before any real concern I would think the extra time cell balancing won't hurt. Also, riding the wheel should be fine at which point burning off some charge will allow you to charge/balance it again for a second time to check on that one 24R cell!

Successive charge cycles will most likely even out All the cell groups over time IMO, although I'm no battery expert others may chime in with their opinions, but your groups already look fairly close as a starting point.

Thank you for the info! :)

To be honest, I was really surprised today morning as I’ve turned on the wheel to check on it’s state, the cells were balanced. So I was not aware that the wheel will balance everything out in offline state without the charger plugged in. 
The voltage is at 130.9V at the moment, but I hope it will go a bit higher after a few cycle. 

• Like 1