Begode Extreme 2400wh: 134V, 16", Suspension, 77lb

Ronin

1 hour ago, daniel1234 said:

PWM is stable but power spiking to 7500w according to the video ... I would love to see csv log with phase current.
With that powerful wheel I would recommend to use dynnamometr and test it till failure. Just because one rider did NOT nosedived it dosent mean that product is safe. 

When using knife and fork during lunch or dinner, just because one didn’t cut himself doesn’t mean the product is safe, that’s exactly what this statement makes me think of😅.

When one decided something, even presenting data backed video evidence wouldn’t change their mind. I have observed this phenomenon with a very small minority of brand loyalty obsessed riders. It’s just their world.

Literally did 2 rounds of high speed runs just to prove it could be repeated and wasn’t random…smh. 

Edited by Ronin Ryder
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Ronin Ryder said:

When using knife and fork during lunch or dinner, just because one didn’t cut himself doesn’t mean the product is safe, that’s exactly how this statement makes me think of😅.

When one decided something, even presenting data backed video evidence wouldn’t change their mind.
Literally did 2 rounds of high speed runs just to prove it could be repeated and wasn’t random…smh.

The wheel is safe under certain conditions everyone can and should be able see that from the start. 

I think if people want to buy this wheel and test it at 70% and 60% battery at 50mph, they should go ahead.  Instead of sitting here and saying the one person who provided logs and data should go out and risk their skin and bones again. This data is 100% helpful and useful and should prove the wheel can handle a certain level of speed and safely. Thank you for taking the risk.

The bottom line is people need to let this wheel be used in real life scenarios to see how it really performs in actual situations. Like every other wheel that comes out. 

I keep repeating this next statement over and over. I really hope all these manufacturers are done using social media personalities for development of these wheels. It has not proven to be good for anyone. 

I think feedback from the community is great, keep that going. What begode did with this wheel and what inmotion did with v12 though, really didnt work out in my opinion! Even watching the personalities involved in those situations meltdown online was not cool. It wasn't good for anyone involved. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ronin Ryder said:

When using knife and fork during lunch or dinner, just because one didn’t cut himself doesn’t mean the product is safe, that’s exactly what this statement makes me think of😅.

When one decided something, even presenting data backed video evidence wouldn’t change their mind. I have observed this phenomenon with a very small minority of brand loyalty obsessed riders. It’s just their world.

Could you record logs and share them for those that are curious? 😁

3 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Im done with high speed testings 😅

I can't speak for anyone else but I'd like to see logs of you not cutting yourself with a fork and knife during dinner. Perhaps export the claim history on your health insurance plan so we can confirm you didn't cut yourself? Were you eating steak, or mashed potatoes? These are all important questions and I don't think we can say yet whether or not the knife and fork are safe to use for dinner.

• Haha 2

New Chooch video out, for 14 minutes he talks gibberish about batteries, his main point is that 40T weight less than 50E (they weigh exactly the same you can find spec sheets online) and that higher capacity cells are better for high speed performance...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

his main point is that 40T weight less than 50E (they weigh exactly the same you can find spec sheets online)

I don't think he means per cell. He is comparing the 40T 1900 w/h pack against the 50E 2400 pack, which is, as he correctly points out, 500 watt hours / extra cells heavier !

Edited by Cerbera

19 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

I don't think he means per cell. He is comparing the 40T 1900 w/h pack against the 50E 2400 pack, which is, as he correctly points out, 500 watt hours / extra cells heavier !

Not sure if you are joking? The difference in capacity comes from 40T being high discharge cells and 50E being high capacity cells, the packs still use the same amount of cells.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

The difference in capacity comes from 40T being high discharge cells and 50E being high capacity cells, the packs still use the same amount of cells.

Oh wait - Ok - I misunderstood that situation...

It's a marked difference from his last video isn't it, where he described the wheel as 'hot trash' as I recall, and now his opinion seems to have completely changed now he thinks he sees the reason for his crash. He is correct however, about the warnings being rubbish though. The first sign of any beeping occurring microseconds before the ensuing crash is obviously something Begode has to sort out in firmware. And his review is still useful in that it shows how robust and crash-proof the machine can be if it has a high speed wreck and then is up to fairly hectic trail usage a coupla days later...

Here's the link to that vid btw...

Edited by Cerbera

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

New Chooch video out, for 14 minutes he talks gibberish about batteries, his main point is that 40T weight less than 50E (they weigh exactly the same you can find spec sheets online) and that higher capacity cells are better for high speed performance...

Yupp.

Kinda lost all faith in his technical knowledge watching that video. Absolutely all he said about batteries was wrong. Expect the fact that 40T is aprox 1900Wh and 50e aprox 2400Wh.
Luckily he can ride. I love his riding style.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Rawnei said:

i suggest not to trust to that young man, that by mistake added Tech word in his nickname - "don't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk"

he claims that:
1) he has 40t version
2) 1900Wh 40t weights less (how the hell if each elemnt is 50e = 40t = 70gramms)
3) he has  50% and thats why only 900 wh supported him(how the hell watts are supporting wheel?)
4) high discharge batteries provide less capacity on high load (how the hell? they are high discharge elements man)

it is total bs cause already at 15A current, capacity of this elements is equal, so either he lies about your version of wheel or
 he dont understand a shit about wheels. or both. here is image from e-wheels that confirms that on high speed capacity is equal for both types of elements, so just ignore Chooch-antitTechBattery-Cell-Comparison.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/5/2023 at 2:37 PM, Robse said:

Why is he unboxing a product that he will not test anymore?

where did you get that? He has the wheel indefinitely, of course he'll test it. To paraphrase; he said he wouldn't test begode wheels till they changed certain things (minimum standards). With this wheel they appear to have made those changes.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Uras said:

where did you get that? He has the wheel indefinitely, of course he'll test it. To paraphrase; he said he wouldn't test begode wheels till they changed certain things (minimum standards). With this wheel they appear to have made those changes.

How can he know when something has changed for the better without testing it himself?  He contradicts himself.  All too much commercial talk talk talk on YT...  and creating a mood - then you are sure that the followers will return again and again to see if there is anything new. ;)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rawnei said:

wow - now 4 weeks equals 9 days :roflmao: .... Chooch is fun to watch, almost like Loonye tunes.

Chooch just didn't realize that there are the same number of cells in both the 40T and 50E battery options, and each 40T and 50E cell weigh the same 68.7g.

50E:      32 cells * 3.6 V * 5 Ah * 4P = 2304 Wh

40T:      32 cells * 3.6 V * 4 Ah * 4p = 1843 Wh

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Chooch just didn't realize that there are the same number of cells in both the 40T and 50E battery options, and each 40T and 50E cell weigh the same 68.7g.

50E:      32 cells * 3.6 V * 5 Ah * 4P = 2304 Wh

40T:      32 cells * 3.6 V * 4 Ah * 4p = 1843 Wh

He is measuring the weight of the energy !  not the cells

:facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Don't be hating on Chooch because he suffered an extremely traumatic experience, and he blamed the wheel which is easy to do, heck even Marty made up a name for his nemesis, "The Assasin". I could tell that Chooch understood that he made the error that lead to an accident that could have broken his neck. Maybe the wheel felt lighter to him because it was a different battery? It's an easy mistake to make. I hope Chooch will be more careful from now on.

The take-away from the aforementioned accidents for me is that Begode's can be extremely dangerous, not necessarily because of a manufacturing fault, but at least 2 of our evaluators sustained a horrible crash on a Begode.

14 minutes ago, earthtwin said:

The take-away from the aforementioned accidents for me is that Begode's can be extremely dangerous, not necessarily because of a manufacturing fault, but at least 2 of our evaluators sustained a horrible crash on a Begode.

Begode is extra superficial extreme dangerous because the user is able to make decisions about speed, wind, mood, road, and other on his own, all by himself, his mind, wisdom and skillfulness.

• Like 2

I get carried away by the power of my Z10 and it's only 995Wh, I go faster without realizing that my speed has actually increased. I think that's what happened in Chooch's accident. The wheel was so powerful that he didn't realize how fast he was going. And he ignored the wheel's warnings because he didn't realize that the warnings were legit.

@Rollin-on-1 thanks for the insight about battery sag and the comment about why alarms are happening without much time for correction. It makes a lot of sense. U-stride has been riding Begodes for a long time now without  a horrible accident, so he must understand the power dynamics better than Chooch.

1 hour ago, earthtwin said:

If I understand the problem correctly, this is why King Song S18's are safer with Moli-cell?

Correct.  The S18 has a 3P battery, so it is even more susceptable to battery sag.  It was easy to over power the S18 under 50% charge.  Some may say it was easy at any state of charge.

• Like 1