Begode Extreme 2400wh: 134V, 16", Suspension, 77lb

Ronin

On 8/28/2023 at 9:00 AM, onkeldanuel said:

Seems 57mm stroke shock would be needed instead of 50mm stock, or ? 

The coil apparently have even shorter "stroke" than that. So... Wrong coil is used.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, stizl said:

Madness!  It’s not looking so hot for this wheel right now

Would like to see the smart BMS status. 

50% battery in 10 miles on 2400wh pack? 130w/mile? 

The inmotion v13 at worst gets 40 miles so that's 75w/mile?

Wonder if there's a fault with the 134v connector board and only 2 packs were connected?

Edited by Eyss
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, stizl said:

Madness!  It’s not looking so hot for this wheel right now.  This one cut out after two beeps.

thx for fun at morning.

I still think that extreme should be tested by more than just one singular rider :D. Or they should not call it extreme ... and prise it up in heven.

Design flaw is obvious - voltage sag. Week battery - strong motor.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EUCzero said:

It is neither the linkage leverage nor the bolt that is too weak.

It is the coil they put on the shock. It is to short, and the coil reach fully compression BEFORE full travel on the shock and the sliders.

You're missing the point I was trying to make in that there should be redundancy (strength) in the system for instances of bottom out, however that occurs.

As I said previously, it is totally normal to rely on the shock alone for bottom out, not any other part of the system.

Ergo, even if the spring was only 1" long, the system should still be strong enough to take a harsh bottom out without bending or breaking anything. Granted, a coil-bound spring may be a bit more abrupt than a thin rubber/hydraulic system in the shock at full compression but still my point stands IMO.

Edited by Planemo

6 hours ago, EUCzero said:

It is neither the linkage leverage nor the bolt that is too weak.

It is the coil they put on the shock. It is to short, and the coil reach fully compression BEFORE full travel on the shock and the sliders.
So the bolt takes the full power hit every time the suspension moves deep. The coil bottoms out BEFORE the full travel of the sliders. The bolt had to give.

So if Begode did not put the wrong short coil on the shock it would never had happen. How do I know? Chooch is not the only one. And one of the others have shared the info.

lol so you're saying it's coil bind? That is bad in so many ways, how could they miss that?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MadVlad said:

He was lucky to be seated so he didnt fall very far, mostly just grinding on the pavement which his gear absorbed. Dang! Gave him a good scare though, guy doesnt even want to touch it anymore.

I think it was interesting to watch his reaction, he tried to stand up and walk it off, quick reaction but would have probably been a lot less dramatic fall just falling seated and extending your hands like I did, it's interesting to see that we have different instincts in these situations.

1 minute ago, Rawnei said:

lol so you're saying it's coil bind? That is bad in so many ways, how could they miss that?

It's also weird that they seem to have gone full circle - the EX30 for example only uses about 35mm travel on it's shock and instead relies on a rubber ring on the stanchion to deal with bottom-out :blink1:

• Haha 1

this is probably due the c40 motor in that...again week battery strong motor like daniel sad...is this the reason that extreme bull uses only c38 in their hole lineup even the mini?shame extrem probably out from my consideration of wheels.not to keen waiting for the 4 version of this product .still mini my top pick...lets wait for adventure and reviews.

Edited by FarkyJ
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FarkyJ said:

this is probably due the c40 motor in that...again week battery strong motor like daniel sad...is this the reason that extreme bull uses only c38 in their hole lineup even the mini?shame extrem probably out from my considiration of wheels.not to keen waiting for the 4 version of this product .still mini my top pick...lets wait for adventure and reviews.

Commander GT (if it prove itself real) looks promising as well. Samsung 50s battery makes more sense if you wanna pull big power figures with double discharge rate per cell.

It is surprising that nobody does math over there but they claiming big power numbers -> 4 samsung 50e cells in paraller should not be pushed beyond 40 A continual. My v1 Begode master had battery issues they not learned from. No smart BMS can safe you from voltage sag. 

Shame Inmotion Adventure seems far far away image.thumb.png.36e58a703a2507110248a5f178c55125.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Eyss said:

Wonder if there's a fault with the 134v connector board and only 2 packs were connected?

Agreed, this could explain the fast drain and fast cutout. 

4 hours ago, daniel1234 said:

Design flaw is obvious - voltage sag. Week battery - strong motor.  

Is 4P at 134V really that weak though?  On my Patton, I can still ride at 30+mph after having ridden for hours and 40+ miles or at 25% charge. If I ask for too much, it beeps once and tilts me back. Of course, I have the wheel set for 80% PWM tilt back. 

I think @Eyss theory makes more sense. Either that, or the controller/motor paring is a disaster. 

3 hours ago, FarkyJ said:

Here is another case of dysfunctional suspension right out of the box. Even once he made it work, he said the suspension stopped working after a day of wet conditions riding and required a tear down to restore.  

It is great how this guy is not afraid to frankly criticize the same product that he sells. 

It still looks to me like this wheel has serious potential, but the rushed first batch seems especially troublesome. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Dunno, but I'm not convinced it's as strong as the 10P 100v setups we had in the good old days.. :(

For sure. As they say with car engines, “there’s no replacement for displacement”. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, stizl said:

It still looks to me like this wheel has serious potential, but the rushed first batch seems especially troublesome. 

What is puzzling is that the EX30 had fewer issues during the same stage of release, that is, at the release of the demo wheels to the influencers, distributors, and dealers. To me anyway, it didn't seem like the Extreme was a rush to production wheel.

It almost seemed like Begode relied too much on Chance to find the bugs, and didn't do enough of their own testing?

23 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Dunno, but I'm not convinced it's as strong as the 10P 100v setups we had in the good old days.. :(

But the Master has the same 134.4 V, 4P battery configuration, and Begode had spend many, many months and revisions on this setup, after the first customer received the wheel. Weren't the only major changes made were to the motor, controller, firmware, and tire diameter? 

Edited by techyiam

1 hour ago, stizl said:

Agreed, this could explain the fast drain and fast cutout. 

Is 4P at 134V really that weak though? . 

best case scenario - 134v* 4 cells*10a discharge. 5400w is max energy in - nothing is 100 percent effective. With that load you will kill 2400 wh battery in 20 minutes and overheat cells. With samsung 50E - battery must be extreme limitation there on Extreme.

ps.: somebody please prove me wrong. I wanted to buy this wheel :(

Edited by daniel1234

5 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Because there is no 900lbs spring existing with 55mm stroke! So they putted in a shorter one with then to less stroke (im sure they dont even know what a coil stroke is)

1 hour ago, stizl said:
9 hours ago, Eyss said:

Agreed, this could explain the fast drain and fast cutout

100% for sure ....

And dont forget Cooch is "lightweight" rider.

For me EXTREME is now is same category like KS16X = Dont care what manufacturer say safe speed is 45Km/h(28Mph). 

Specialy for 🐖 like me!

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

What is puzzling is that the EX30 had fewer issues during the same stage of release, that is, at the release of the demo wheels to the influencers, distributors, and dealers. To me anyway, it didn't seem like the Extreme was a rush to production wheel.

It almost seemed like Begode relied too much on Chance to find the bugs, and didn't do enough of their own testing?

I preordered the EX30 early on and I remember they kept delaying the release because they were making changes. They took their time with the ex30 but they seem to have rushed the extreme... The c40 motor might just be too power hungry for such a small battery. The ex30 gets saved with the 3600wh though. 

• Like 1