KingSong 16X Cutout

zer0dayexploit

55 minutes ago, zer0dayexploit said:

My shop had a long look at it and even road it a solid 100km for testing but wasn’t able to recreate the cutout. They said they couldn’t in good faith put me on the wheel if they weren’t 100% sure it wouldn’t happen again, and so they switched me to a v12 hs they had :).

Really amazing people, they’ve taken really good care of me.

It’s been a crazy upgrade but the braking performance and feel is quite lack lustre in comparison. It’s just as nimble but even at 100% sensitivity in off-road mode, playing around with split mode and all, I much preferred the “feel” of the 16x. 

The owner had a random cutout. Can't find issue with the wheel. Exchanges 16x to v12. That's a sweet deal.

But it made me laugh little bit. Because v12 is well know for having their own fare share of problems.. (At least they did..) 16x was safer bet. (But that's my personal viewpoint.)

Edited by Funky
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Funky said:

The owner had a random cutout. Can't find issue with the wheel. Exchanges 16x to v12. That's a sweet deal.

But it made me laugh little bit. Because v12 is well know for having their own fare share of problems.. (At least they did..) 16x was safer bet. (But that's my personal viewpoint.)

Haha yeah my thoughts exactly, but I’m not one to shy away from a free upgrade. I don’t ever plan to take it to 70kmh, but I’m really happy to have tons of headroom no matter how I ride

• Like 1

Yeah that's some good dealership right there - nice exchange ! Build quality for you has just massively increased !

However you do now possibly own a wheel that has a 0.1% chance of uncontrollably accelerating, which no Begode wheel has ever done AFAIK ! Have a little watch of Wrong way's final thoughts on the HT, which probably also applies to some degree to the HS. Perhaps consider a leash and some tail bone padding !

Edited by Cerbera

That video from wrong way plays in my head every time I ride this wheel haha. 

Im headed over to the shop today to drop off my charger for the 16x so they can hopefully get some use out of the wheel and parts etc. I’m thinking of having them do a quick stress test on the wheel while I’m there so that I know the mosfets are okay.

do the tests themselves cause any damage to the wheel? 

• 3 weeks later...

I did not experience a cutout on my KS16X, but the build quality is not good. This is my first wheel and after approximately 200 km, the Bluetooth stopped working, I could not connect to the wheel anymore.

I have removed the covers and found another issue. The motor cables had some wear, bare copped could be seen, looks like from the factory. So I was lucky that I did not have a cutout at 44 km/h+ (I am 95 kg without gear).

PXL_20221115_182949859.jpg

Overall, my dealer has replaced the control board with the new one and put the heat shrink over wires or replaced the motor wires completely. I think, once you receive a new wheel, it is better to disassemble it to make sure everything is ok.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...