Colored lights illegal on an EUC? (Split from “Inmotion V13 Speculation”)

Paul A

ARRESTED on an EUC | Inmotion V13 | MIAMI

AL5GRJWrtyDQZDyf7DuMMCivqAffh36LPMNfriIy
Mar 5, 2023

Miami Beach Police Department arrested and impounded my v13 for having bicycle lights on the euc for visibility purposes.
I'll be obtaining the body cam footage from all the police officers involved and post it soon.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, rebeuc said:

Blue and red flashing lights. That is not okay on any street vehicle other than the police. Hardly simple  'bicycle lights.'

I asked in the YouTube comments OMGitsRAAZ what kind of lights were installed yeah, wondering if the flashing blue and red lights were from the police car? Or from the light the police officer took offense to.

The escalation is painful to watch.

58 minutes ago, Paul A said:

ARRESTED on an EUC | Inmotion V13 | MIAMI

AL5GRJWrtyDQZDyf7DuMMCivqAffh36LPMNfriIy
Mar 5, 2023

Miami Beach Police Department arrested and impounded my v13 for having bicycle lights on the euc for visibility purposes.
I'll be obtaining the body cam footage from all the police officers involved and post it soon.

the law CHALLENGER 

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, OldFartRides said:

Anyway. Sporting red and blue lights is like waving the red flag at the bull.

It would be best to know for sure, before reaching conclusions on that one, if these were blinking red and blue lights which can can reasonably be associated with law enforcement - or LED strips with blue and red.

A clear red / blue blinking pattern can range from unwise to illegal. Something like an LED strip mounted on a backpack or a wheel with various animations cycling that happen to include red and blue at some point, that's different and many of us could have been in trouble.

I initially thought about re-adding colorful LED strips on my new wheels that come without unlike the previous generation but changed my mind. Great, standardized non-blinding lights on the wheel (like the V13 has) is what I prefer now.

Edited by supercurio
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

In the US, you can mix red with something else, but not blue!

In Canada it’s the same, plus they want you to put the red lights on the rear of your vehicle too. 

• Thanks 1

My parents live in Miami now. So I will probably visit. And when I get there, I might go to a meetup. And there is a possibility that RAAZ will be there. And knowing that makes me want to stay far, far away from any meetups.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Can the red/blue light police encounter be moved to own topic? What I looked into it, it was not about v13, not really anyway. You do get pulled over pretty much any country for blinking blue/red, no matter vehicle. I first thought this could been brake light and some blinking blue, but if it was that bikelight with both blinking.. During night-time officers seem to have even less patience. 30sec is not very long time to explain situation, but prolly the officer asked ID for longer. Just not in that footage.

The person did say he was stationary as he was approached, but I think they make case of traffic violation and one would have assumed it would been ticket or removed light. The video does not quite show what kind of force the officer used but atleast the camera was thrown off immediately, based on that not much a possibility to follow verbal orders. Not saying the "customer" did not help by arguing, I see people already picked sides in this encounter. I think I did not see all of involved footage. You would have to look into what is the florida police code of conduct, if that was by the book.

• Like 1

He really needs to start thinking about wearing his helmet. In addition to the standard DOT 58 MPH crash rating, I find they are also very effective at protecting your head when the police are assaulting you with their riot batons.

Edited by EDCampstore
  • Haha 2