Which Nikola? Newbie

I’ve gotten the hang of riding euc somewhat and I think my little v5 won’t cut it much longer. So I’ve decided on a Begode Nikola+. Problem is I don’t know which version to buy. Both are used. 

nikola+ #1: Molicel 1451wh battery pack. Cnc Begode spiked pedals power pads and seat. 200 miles

nikola + #2: 2700wh battery,stock , 8,450 miles

Im still learning about Euc. Am I to assume the one with the battery pack upgrade has less range but more torque? I’m 5’9” 215lbs if that helps. 

• Like 1

The difference is the range (and weight of course), torque depends on the wheel geometry and firmware and those don't change between the two battery variants (except maybe you feel the different weight distributions a little bit).

This is "Almost new, small battery" vs. "Used a lot, big battery".

What is the state of the 8500-mile wheel? Could be anything from "beat up and crooked" to "looks like new". Miles alone aren't necessarily a bad thing, it's the mechanical wear and tear (which you can more or less see right away) that counts.

I'd make my decision based on the state of the 2700Wh wheel (and the price of course).

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The difference is the range (and weight of course), torque depends on the wheel geometry and firmware and those don't change between the two battery variants (except maybe you feel the different weight distributions a little bit).

This is "Almost new, small battery" vs. "Used a lot, big battery".

What is the state of the 8500-mile wheel? Could be anything from "beat up and crooked" to "looks like new". Miles alone aren't necessarily a bad thing, it's the mechanical wear and tear (which you can more or less see right away) that counts.

I'd make my decision based on the state of the 2700Wh wheel (and the price of course).

Ok thanks. The 2700wh one definitely has been ridden. Typical battle scars and scrapes. The seller seems to be knowledgeable and rides a lot. I’ll load pics of both. So the newer battery pack isn’t really necessary? The smaller battery pack is $1295 w honeycomb pedals and power pads. The bigger battery comes with charger. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mark74 said:

Ok thanks. The 2700wh one definitely has been ridden. Typical battle scars and scrapes. The seller seems to be knowledgeable and rides a lot. I’ll load pics of both. So the newer battery pack isn’t really necessary? The smaller battery pack is $1295 w honeycomb pedals and power pads. The bigger battery comes with charger. 

The state of the current used EUC market is not good for sellers (most people want a suspension wheel now). Of course it depends on where you live. $1200 for an old wheel with 8000-miles is wildly high IMO. For instance, I'm selling a Commander with 1800-miles for $1600. Personally I wouldn't pay over $800 for the Nikola and it would have to be in really good condition.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mark74 said:

The bigger battery comes with charger. 

And the smaller one doesn't >?

If wheel doesn't comes with a charger, that right there and then is a deal breaker.......  Stolen and so on.. If no more information given. 

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Funky said:

This one offers more.. How much is the big battery pack wheel?

Do you need the range? That bigger pack offers? Bigger pack also means more weight.

Yeah. Im leaning towards the Molecil version. I’m very new amd don’t really need the range yet. And yes it comes with the stock charger. Forgot to mention.  It’s not stolen. Seller is upgrading to a suspension wheel. Not to mention I saw how much those cnc pedals cost. Wow. 

Edited by Mark74

1 hour ago, Mark74 said:

Yeah. Im leaning towards the Molecil version. I’m very new amd don’t really need the range yet. And yes it comes with the stock charger. Forgot to mention.  It’s not stolen. Seller is upgrading to a suspension wheel. Not to mention I saw how much those cnc pedals cost. Wow. 

Pedals 200-300$. Pads 100-150$. Seat 50-150$.. It adds up..

Doh honeycomb pedals are amazing. First thing i did when i bought my wheel - same time i got 220$ pedals.

Griptape pedals suck. They get dirty all the time... And grip is way worse. Tip if you don't like original pedal spikes. Exchange them to "hex socket screws". Original spikes may destroy your shoes bottoms, or may be to "grippy". But those screw heads are big enough to not sink into your shoes bottoms, but same time way better grip than regular griptape.

As you are pretty new - i will ask some questions. What's your ideal riding speed would be? (When you have learned..) And what range would you wanna ride at most with one charge. < Those question are most important.. Don't forget if you want to ride 40km/h speed. You DON'T GET 40 km/h speed wheel. You need at least wheel than can go 50km/h.. (10km/h extra "safety") Ridding 40 out of 40 speed can be dangerous! That's why it's important to get little faster wheel, than you really need/want.

Speed numbers given only as reference..

Edited by Funky
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Funky said:

Pedals 200-300$. Pads 100-150$. Seat 50-150$.. It adds up..

Doh honeycomb pedals are amazing. First thing i did when i bought my wheel - same time i got 220$ pedals.

Griptape pedals suck. They get dirty all the time... And grip is way worse. Tip if you don't like original pedal spikes. Exchange them to "hex socket screws". Original spikes may destroy your shoes bottoms, or may be to "grippy". But those screw heads are big enough to not sink into your shoes bottoms, but same time way better grip than regular griptape.

As you are pretty new - i will ask some questions. What's your ideal riding speed would be? (When you have learned..) And what range would you wanna ride at most with one charge. < Those question are most important.. Don't forget if you want to ride 40km/h speed. You DON'T GET 40 km/h speed wheel. You need at least wheel than can go 50km/h.. (10km/h extra "safety") Ridding 40 out of 40 speed can be dangerous! That's why it's important to get little faster wheel, than you really need/want.

Speed numbers given only as reference..

Thanks a ton. My ideal riding speed once I learn is under 30mph.  Not a speed person. Faster than walking with occasional cruising over 20mph. Got the 1451wh one with that pedals and power pads. Took the pads and seat off for now. Tried to ride it and dropped already! Gonna put it away until I learn to ride and just tear up the little V5 for now. My brain isn’t letting me learn fast. 

12 hours ago, Mark74 said:

Thanks a ton. My ideal riding speed once I learn is under 30mph.  Not a speed person. Faster than walking with occasional cruising over 20mph. Got the 1451wh one with that pedals and power pads. Took the pads and seat off for now. Tried to ride it and dropped already! Gonna put it away until I learn to ride and just tear up the little V5 for now. My brain isn’t letting me learn fast. 

Most here say that you need at least 1000km under belt, to have "somewhat" learned to ride.

When you have ~3000km under belt - then you can say you have learned. :D 

If you want to learn faster, try riding some off-road.. Grass, gravel roads.. True forest. 1 hr off-roading is like 12 hrs on smooth pavement.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
On 3/5/2023 at 8:56 AM, Marty Backe said:

The state of the current used EUC market is not good for sellers (most people want a suspension wheel now). Of course it depends on where you live. $1200 for an old wheel with 8000-miles is wildly high IMO. For instance, I'm selling a Commander with 1800-miles for $1600. Personally I wouldn't pay over $800 for the Nikola and it would have to be in really good condition.

Someone like you living in a city with lots of euc enthusiasts, sure. Everyone wants the latest and greatest and sells their old wheels for cheap.

Everywhere else? Used wheels are still a rare commodity.  $800 for a used nikola?  I'd assume its a stolen wheel if I saw a nikola priced that low in my city ;)