Learning on my Gotway 18"

I think riding backwards is not easy to start without lots of practice and because riding forwards without continually stepping/falling off is so much easier/nicer many people for the most part give up trying.

I've been trying off and on for the past 3 months. I started by just coming to a stop and going backwards a foot or so and in the beginning losing my balance and stepping off. Then I got to the stage where I could go about a foot or two backwards and then continue forwards without stepping off, this took a lot of time.

Over the last couple of days I have managed 6-8 feet backwards before continuing on forwards or losing balance and stepping off so I believe I'm making progress but it is painfully slow and it's much more fun to go out for a long ride. I'm sure I'll get it eventually but it's going to be a while yet.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty much, I understand read about in English, unless the text is not sayings, or other special words.
But I do not take this so seriously :) And if I do not understand, I'll give it a go back :)
All in all, this is the communication has been very rewarding and useful. Worth the whole effort.

Now, a few days after the accident, I found more painful spots all over the body :)
Apparently unconscious in a ditch landing was not soft floating :) And the bruising found in such points where the shelter is not. For example, the inner part of the arm. Nearly the armpit. Who knows how my hand was during the event :)
Continuous video recording would be good. Now I could check how long I was unconscious.

Archived