Upgraded (major) to newest forum software version. Report bugs and give feedback here please.

John Eucist

I wrote a small tutorial for capturing Charge Doctor data with Windows/Putty today, and uploaded some pictures... now the pictures sometimes haunt my posts/edits, suddenly they show up in the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." -area, and after I post or edit something, the pictures are added to the end of the post.

If I delete them from the area by the trash can-icons, they stop showing in the post (the tutorial) I meant them for too. :P After re-editing the posts where they unwantedly appeared, I can remove them from the post and then they stay gone.

EDIT: Now that I edit this post, I actually see them below, as "Uploaded images"... guess they'll show up once I click Save.

putty.png

chargedoctoroutput.png

ports.png

EDIT2: Yep, there they are...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been getting previous posts showing in the reply window when I open it to add another comment. I have to delete the text in the window before I add another post but if there's a picture in the previous post it can be difficult to get rid of.

Woah.  Has this happened before?

At least once maybe a few weeks back, that was just a one-time issue (an image I had uploaded earlier showed up in some other post I made later, I removed it and never thought about it further), but this time it kept happening all the time once I had made the tutorial post.

Edit: And here they still are

Edit2: removed the same images from this post

Edit3: And now it also shows the CSV-charge log I uploaded last night :D

20150717224700_Firewheel_charge.txt

I also notice that you can only tag people when you're not quoting someone.  If you need to quote someone's post and tag then you have to tag first, then quote (in that order).

The tagging works as good (or bad) as the video-embedding, at least on me... it might take a few tries before the list of user names shows up after you type @<beginning of username>.

What I also just realized regarding the "ghost"-images, is that they only come when editing... I did upload one more image after those (and after that the text-file that has now joined the ranks of attachments that follow me around), but that image (the Firewheel charge graph) does not come around when editing. Since I added the tutorial-images to the post while EDITING, and added the charge log while EDITING, but added the charge graph while MAKING THE POST, I guess I start to see a pattern here...

Did you guys already tried to implement the Tapatalk Plugin?

One more question:

you have a new Structure for local groups. Is it   desirable for the local groups to switch to their native language or is this something you don't want to see? I use to write a lot in the Reprap Forum. The local groups, for example Germany speak German...

thanks, Manu

I have no idea, I think John Eucist is the only one who knows about this.

One more question:

you have a new Structure for local groups. Is it   desirable for the local groups to switch to their native language or is this something you don't want to see? I use to write a lot in the Reprap Forum. The local groups, for example Germany speak German...

thanks, Manu

I don't think it's a problem if local language is used in Local group meet ups -subforum when arranging the meet ups, but elsewhere it's English, as any information pertaining the wheels, accessories, repairs, mods etc. can be important to others later on, and English is (probably) the most used first or second language (at least in western countries).

when you are quoting someone using '@'

@John Eucist and deletes a character, retyping the character and pressing space will let the blue underline follow with the text, no idea what happens behind the curtains :)

@John Eucist dsa Worse ??

typing '@' followed by some chars and then selecting the name in the selection box followed by clikcking in some text above, and then clicking back and typing, seems to have the same problem.

Woah.  Has this happened before?

Yep, I did also experience that :), I actually deleted those images since they didn't belong to that post, and I think they then was deleted from the post where they belonged.

when you are quoting someone using '@'

@John Eucist and deletes a character, retyping the character and pressing space will let the blue underline follow with the text, no idea what happens behind the curtains :)

@John Eucist dsa Worse ??

typing '@' followed by some chars and then selecting the name in the selection box followed by clikcking in some text above, and then clicking back and typing, seems to have the same problem.

That's called "tagging". The person mentioned will see a notification that they have been tagged in a post. But just writing @someone won't do it, it has to show the menu of usernames and the user will only get the tagging-notification after selecting the name from the list and it turns blue & underlined in your post.

Yep, I did also experience that :), I actually deleted those images since they didn't belong to that post, and I think they then was deleted from the post where they belonged.

Yeah, it's also happening to me all the time, I always have to edit another time separately to delete the images from the post... If I delete the images completely (from the Uploaded Images below the edit window), they disappear from the original post.

One more question:

thanks, Manu

I am hesitant regarding Tapatalk because, from my experience, all forums that support Tapatalk will keep nagging the user about installing Tapatalk even if they don't want to.  Secondly, since this forum software (IPS 4) is generally a new major release, they are going through weekly updates with bug fixes and I don't want to introduce an extra variable to cause potential problems.  Perhaps later when it's more stable I'll reconsider.

As for using your country's native language for the "Local Group Meet Ups" sub-forum I agree with @esaj that it is fine.  Just keep it English elsewhere.

I am hesitant regarding Tapatalk because, from my experience, all forums that support Tapatalk will keep nagging the user about installing Tapatalk even if they don't want to.  

Oh absolutely right! I forgot about that annoying fact! Thanks for your feedback. As nobody other jumped in the Tapatalk discussion, I guess it is less popular than I thought. I am fine with the mobile Page!

Manu

Oh absolutely right! I forgot about that annoying fact! Thanks for your feedback. As nobody other jumped in the Tapatalk discussion, I guess it is less popular than I thought. I am fine with the mobile Page!

Manu

See how frequent the updates are?
https://community.invisionpower.com/release-notes/

For the record, we just updated to 4.0.11 .  Hopefully some of the previous bugs are resolved.

Is there a back up to top button you can add?  Kind of annoying if you have lots of notification.  Usually new posts are at the bottom of a thread and you have to keep scrolling up to the very top to click on another notification.

Is there a back up to top button you can add?  Kind of annoying if you have lots of notification.  Usually new posts are at the bottom of a thread and you have to keep scrolling up to the very top to click on another notification.

Use the "New Content" link (on desktop, not sure if on mobile) on the upper right (under the search box).  I just discovered myself it a few days ago after a user told me about it lol.  As for going back to the top you can hit the "Home" button on your keyboard (unless you meant mobile).

As for going back to the top you can hit the "Home" button on your keyboard (unless you meant mobile).

Home button??

I'm still searching for the 'any key'.....
:huh:

I am not sure if that helps, but at the bottom of a page you will find a button saying "GO TO TOPIC LISTING". You click this one after you have read the most recent message and it will bring you back to the top of the previous page. This way you do not have to scroll up all the way again. 

Home button??

I'm still searching for the 'any key'.....
:huh:

keyboard_home_end.png

*** QUESTION / BUG? ***

Is the "Insert image from URL" function (in the drop down of "Insert other media" when posting) working for anyone else?  I just tried doing that for the above image and it didn't work so I had to download it then upload it back to the forum directly.  EDIT: Never mind.  This is a known bug now and they will be fixing it in the next patch.

Doh, found the 'Home' button my laptop No. 7 key - sure it wasn't there last night following the red wine.....

Still don't think I've got an 'Any Key' though......

• 2 weeks later...

Archived