Upgraded (major) to newest forum software version. Report bugs and give feedback here please.

John Eucist

This new version includes a lot of improvements and also the ability to tag people (like in Facebook).  To tag people type @whoever then WAIT until a popup list comes up.

After it was upgraded a lot of settings has been "reset".  For example, the signatures was turned off until @esaj told me about it.  It is now turned back on.  Please let me know if anything else is broken, buggy, or no longer works and I'll try to see if it can be fixed in settings.  If not, I will pass the bug or problem to the developers of this forum software.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is an issue with missing photos from previous threads.  I think it's only affecting photos that are NOT embedding from external servers (i.e. locally uploaded photos).  I have notified tech support and hopefully they will restore them asap.

I am not a fan of updates and so here too.

Maybe technical it is better but from the point of view I did prefer the old version.

I am also not sure is the thread text by self now so small and the member frame on the left so big.

I am not a fan of updates and so here too.

....I did prefer the old version.

​LOL, you sound so British!

All seems OK so far but a bit pale - is there a way to change the colour scheme?

FYI the following is what they have said to me after my reports.  I guess we just have to wait. :

Hello, I'm looking at this now, please rest assured that we have nightly and weekly backups as well, so we can get this fixed up for you, I'll send this up now
I have sent this to our developers as internal priority, I'm sorry for the trouble and we will get this fixed for you ASAP.

Nice update. There's one thing I noticed. It isn't a problem just aesthetics. The "Location" under our names has no spacing between words.

Example: LocationSoCal, USA

Should be: Location: SoCal, USA

Just something I noticed, no biggie. The site looks great!

Nice update. There's one thing I noticed. It isn't a problem just aesthetics. The "Location" under our names has no spacing between words.

Example: LocationSoCal, USA

Should be: Location: SoCal, USA

Just something I noticed, no biggie. The site looks great!

​Thanks for spotting this.  Reported to the developers.

I find it takes longer to load but I have a very slow connection anyway. I just thought the new version used more complex scripting.

I did prefer the old version but then I'm just a Luddite at heart.

Have we lost all our old pm messages during the upgrade?

Haven't noticed it being any slower than usual. I've got a 100/5Mbit connection though, traceroute shows 14 hops to server (Finland -> US), 160ms latency on average.

I find it takes longer to load but I have a very slow connection anyway. I just thought the new version used more complex scripting.

I did prefer the old version but then I'm just a Luddite at heart.

Have we lost all our old pm messages during the upgrade?

​Hmm I still see my old private messages.  You can't see yours?

As far as I remember it was just a simple single return for each entry.

But you will notice that on this version a single press of the return key gives you a new paragraph space.

I can't see any signatures on my phone. Do I need to enable them or do they only show on desktop?

The missing/broken local photos issue as well as the missing/broken emoticons issue is supposedly resolved.  Can you guys verify this is true?  The "Location without a space" issue is still there but it is minor and I will get them to fix that up eventually.

Please also let me know if you find any other bugs or if the site is extremely slow.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you allow authors permission to delete their entries. There's been a couple times when hitting 'submit reply' fails to force a page refresh, so you hit the button again, only to find that the post had been made in duplicate/triplicate. 

Archived