EUC world - speed correction... how to?

EUCzero

For some reason I can NOT do any speed correction in the settings.
I have tried "tour logging off". Connected to the EUC, not connected, Tour logging stopped, Tour logging never started..... but the speed correction option is still greyed out.

Can anyone explain step by step how to do this? I am not a stupid person, but clearly I am missing something ;)

Another problem. Even If I have the setting "Tours visibility" on "visible for everyone...."  it is still saved as "visible ....link".
Annoying as I want my wife and others to know where I am when I go touring off road in case something happens.
I can change the visibility after on the web page, but that is just a lot of extra work.

I am a premium user: zerosixzero

Edited by EUCzero

• EUCzero changed the title to EUC world - speed correction... how to?
52 minutes ago, EUCzero said:

For some reason I can NOT do any speed correction in the settings.
I have tried "tour logging off". Connected to the EUC, not connected, Tour logging stopped, Tour logging never started..... but the speed correction option is still greyed out.

Can anyone explain step by step how to do this? I am not a stupid person, but clearly I am missing something ;)

Another problem. Even If I have the setting "Tours visibility" on "visible for everyone...."  it is still saved as "visible ....link".
Annoying as I want my wife and others to know where I am when I go touring off road in case something happens.
I can change the visibility after on the web page, but that is just a lot of extra work.

I am a premium user: zerosixzero

You also have to stop data recording to make changes.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, EUCzero said:

Data recording different to tour recording?

Yes.  There are buttons on the main screen to toggle it.

image.thumb.png.c2acab78d54de496a64bb0a8edc3de93.png

Edited by Paradox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EUCzero said:

Sweet. Will test that when the wheel is charged again. That's probably it.

Not probably, but for sure :) Changing speed/distance correction or battery level algorithm during CSV logging and/or tour recording would lead to data inconsistency, so when CSV logging and/or toure recording is active, some features are disabled.

• Like 1

Ooooh my.
All the time I thought it was enough to close the "tour rec"
OK. Working now. Speed correction that is.

But still I have problem with tour visabilaty.
I have to manually change it on the web page. Even if the setting in the app is set to visible for everyone..

2 hours ago, EUCzero said:

But still I have problem with tour visabilaty.
I have to manually change it on the web page. Even if the setting in the app is set to visible for everyone..

I suppose that you're using automatic tour starting, right? To protect user privacy, tour that has been started automatically (after connecting with the wheel) are not visible to everyone, even if this is the default setting. Imagine situation that you're in a location that you don't want to disclose, then you start the app. It connects with the wheel (for example it's charging) and tour recording starts, disclosing your location to entire world. This is why only tours that are started intentionally by the user (from the app, watch or from Flic button) will be visible to everyone if this is the default setting.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Seba said:

I suppose that you're using automatic tour starting, right? To protect user privacy, tour that has been started automatically (after connecting with the wheel) are not visible to everyone, even if this is the default setting. Imagine situation that you're in a location that you don't want to disclose, then you start the app. It connects with the wheel (for example it's charging) and tour recording starts, disclosing your location to entire world. This is why only tours that are started intentionally by the user (from the app, watch or from Flic button) will be visible to everyone if this is the default setting.

Aaah. That explains it. Thanx.
For me it has been a safety feature that did not work. As I have always just told my wife to check the EUC world map to find me If I do not come home.
I do almost all my riding off road where there are no people. I will try to remember to restart the tour recording every time :)

PS.... love the app. Premium user, and will probably always be. Hope you never stop supporting your app.

Edited by EUCzero
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2023 at 11:59 PM, EUCzero said:

I have always just told my wife to check the EUC world map to find me If I do not come home.
I do almost all my riding off road where there are no people.

I know this is a bit late, but what I did was set up Google maps so my wife and I can see each other. Its under location sharing. I did it for the same reason as you, except I don't ride trails

• Like 1