In a Perfect World: What’s Your Ideal EUC Collection?

CEDACCD2-D56D-44CA-B49C-B128EA8B84E3.thumb.jpeg.e46416a5d690b4d09d9dd5d0d5ef5def.jpeg

What are the different segments or categories of todays wheels?  And what are your top favorites in each?

I’m dreaming of owning 2 per category.  One for me and one for a buddy.  Also I’ve got family of five.  So one day, five per category but that’s if they are interested and able.   And if my wife lets me spend a fortune.  (Overtime work hours needed) 

Answer example:

There are three categories of EUC’s.  They are heavy long range cruiser, mid range high torque and short range wheels.

My top choices in order of favorite are:

•Heavy long range cruiser

InMotion V13 and Veteran Sherman S

•Mid range high torqe  

King Song S18 and Begode T4

•Short range

Begode Mten4 and InMotion V8F

Edited by Josiah

• Josiah changed the title to In a Perfect World: What’s Your Ideal EUC Collection?

Categories - my wheel of choice:

Technical off-road - Inmotion V11 V2

High speed off-road - Inmotion V11 V2

Street cruising - Inmotion V11 V2

City center - Inmotion V11 V2

Park noodling - Mten6

Neither of those exist, but I’m still waiting…!

• Upvote 3

I don't need more than one wheel. (Because you are riding one at time anyways.) :D  Even if it gets broken, i'm okay not riding 2-3 weeks.

One wheel that does everything.

Speed wise i'm happy with 35mph. Weight under 65lbs.

As i'm 90% pavement rider, it's easier to choose for me. Sadly that "perfect" wheel hasn't been built yet. On paper Begode RS is my dream wheel. Lightest 18x3" wheel. But in real world is kinda "bad" in quality department. Also it's begode wheel..

For now ks18xl does everything i need. Still waiting an updated model from some other manufacturers, which have REAL smart BMS, 18x3" tire. And battery around 1200-1500Wh. Also water rating, because i'm riding even if it's raining buckets outside. And no dumb suspension.. Wheel that is built like a TANK and doesn't need to be babysitted. 

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think my current roster satisfies all of my needs - 1 current/problematic wheel (S22) backed by a few older, but solid wheels (OG Sherman, MSPHT & 16X). High speed, long distance riding, off-road/climbing, fast charging and portability are all covered. 

Edited by gon2fast
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Josiah said:

heavy long range cruiser, mid range high torque and short range wheels.

With this classification, my choices are driven by being an aged straw weight so I reap the benefits of simply not needing as much battery to do everything. Ride style and payload do matter.

Heavy cruiser: OG Sherman/ShermanS (but I've never ridden any of the cruisers except the OG Sherman and I have very few miles on mine)

Mid range: S22/16X (16X is a 70 mile wheel the way I ride it)

Short: MTen

If I were to expand the categories a bit, when I can drive to/from the trails I'd probably favor the S18 over the S22 just because lighter is better for me in general (and my S18 suspension has been aligned).

If I were limited to 1 primary wheel and a backup, it would be S22 and 16X. When I'm being totally honest with myself (a rare event, copium is is terrific and  addictive), I know I don't really need suspension so if I couldn't even have a backup I'd be back to my learner: 16X.

• Thanks 1

Commuting and city center:  Sherman S

High-speed offroad:  Sherman S

10-50 mile group ride:  Sherman S

Tight technical offroad: Sherman S 16" or MSPHT

High Speed street cruising: EX30 or EX

50+ mile high speed group ride: Master Pro

Gotta go grab groceries: 16x / MSP HT / Sherman S 16 inch.

Boardwalk cruiser: 16x

Last mile commute: V8s

Rip around in driveway/parking lot: 16x

• Like 2

2 x V3 Begode Masters for everything, 1 being a permanent backup / spares reservoir for the first, or if you're feeling confident, one with a knobby tyre for off-road, and the other with a street one.

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1