eWheels' Kingsong S22 Pro (upgraded S22) now ready to ship

litewave

eWheels has the S22 Pro (upgraded S22) ready to ship. This is great news, and I will hopefully/finally receive mine, too!

Below is the email I received yesterday afternoon. I am so glad they have explained what has been going on with this new S22 "Pro" version.

Go eWheels. :thumbup:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greetings All, 

If you're still interested in the [now] S22 PRO, here's the current update: we've just received the latest 4KW motors & KS slider-kits to upgrade the Wheels to the latest PRO spec—these machines also have the high-powered Samsung 40T battery packs installed for improved power, faster charging & of course safety! 

The trouble we're currently running into is that these KS sliders are not machined to perfect tolerances. An interim solution is to install 4x rollers per slider, which functions pretty well for now.

Rather than waiting interminably for KS to get their act together, we've just placed a bulk order of the improved 3rd party Hou kits, CNC using 7075 alloy & POM high-durability rollers—these are going to be about a month out. 

If you wish, we can ship out your S22 next week, with the current KS slider-kit in the 4x4 configuration & the improved Hou slider kits will be shipped out later, for free. You also have the choice of either the J-863 street (see image below), or default knobby tire pre-installed prior to shipping.

Have a great weekend,

The eWheels Team

image.png.6b30d039144d916181ba89dd1cd8eefb.png

image.png.69fe4dd06f745260dc817d4d368678af.pngimage.png.fb6fbad08ebbc087fc19d8b73088bc12.png
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, jacobjj said:

So they are just upgrading old batch s22's to the new spec?

I thought the new batch pro's had wider slider channels 

The new stock is due in a week or so here in Australia so I'm going to go with that

Have you asked your reseller that question?

@techyiam mentioned previously that the new Pro version had wider channels, so maybe he can provide the exact link/source/quote.

19 hours ago, litewave said:

Rather than waiting interminably for KS to get their act together, we've just placed a bulk order of the improved 3rd party Hou kits, CNC using 7075 alloy & POM high-durability rollers—these are going to be about a month out. 

If you wish, we can ship out your S22 next week, with the current KS slider-kit in the 4x4 configuration & the improved Hou slider kits will be shipped out later, for free. 

image.png.6b30d039144d916181ba89dd1cd8eefb.png

It's clear that eWheels did not do what @eevees and @Alien Rides have done: cut prices on the S22 to clear out existing stock. Both of these dealers have informed me that the inbound batches of S22 Pro (assumed to be configured as Pro models straight from KS) were expected in March, maybe April (these deliveries always seem to be months late, however). And then there is the precarious global geopolitical situation. If Aus is getting them in early February, that would be remarkable. Hopefully, the Aus riders will give us detailed reports and tear-down videos asap as other geographies have.

I'm certain that the S22 Pros are using many of the same parts as the S22, so the differences may be negligible. In essence, they are just upgrading the old S22 anyway with new components. If the only difference [between the ready-to-ship-early-Feb23 eWheels "Pro" and the next batch of KS S22 Pro] is the battery case/channel width and maybe different sliders (eWheels replacement kits due in a month may be the same or better (per: @YourAubsome) than even the new KS set on their stock "Pro"), I'm ok with that. If the red plastics are slightly darker or better color-matched on the KS Pro, so be it. My original set will (have to) be replaced eventually anyway.

Personally, I have waited long enough (18 months since the initial deposit), and am happy with eWheels' solution. I'd rather have eWheels rebuild the wheel for me, frankly, than Kingsong doing it.

Edited by litewave

Hi. I have a new s22 pro already and I can say that the sliders are bigger than the original ones. Of course the engine and suspension has also changed. I don't know about the motherboard as I haven't opened it yet. Otherwise we can talk about the same euc as the old one. Although I can't say for sure if more parts have been replaced because I haven't disassembled my euc

but if we talk about what ewheels does, that it updates the old s22 and sells it as a pro model, it might confuse the buyer, because not all spare parts may fit the old model. So the customer assumes when buying that he has a pro model so it may confuse the purchase of spare parts in the future.

• Like 2

sorry for the mix up. So I meant the suspension sliders that were not in the original, because they are part of the suspension.

But the sliders are a little bigger on the Pro than those that can be purchased afterwards for the original models

Edited by Pexter

2 minutes ago, Pexter said:

sorry for the mix up. So I meant the suspension sliders that were not in the original, because they are part of the suspension. 

Thank you.

You could do us all a HUGE favor with a comprehensive description with photos of your wheel if you could make the time.

I plan to do the same with the eWheels' version within a week of receiving it.

19 minutes ago, Pexter said:

It seems that everything ecodrift wrote is true for the Pro. Of course I haven't opened the engine but only examined everything that can be seen and measured from the outside

https://ecodrift-ru.translate.goog/2023/01/18/kingsong-s22-pro-razbiraem/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=ru&_x_tr_pto=wapp

If you ever open the top and inspect the control board it would be great if you could post photos of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pexter said:

It seems that everything ecodrift wrote is true for the Pro. Of course I haven't opened the engine but only examined everything that can be seen and measured from the outside

https://ecodrift-ru.translate.goog/2023/01/18/kingsong-s22-pro-razbiraem/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=ru&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Although EcoDrift has done superlative work and made very detailed videos, some text does not translate from Russian into English well using Google translate. There are nuances in the Russian language that I am sure you are aware of. Plus, we consumers can never be sure that what we get is the same as what the influencers review, so independent verification is very helpful.

• Like 1

More KS bullshit, is all I see... This update is what should have happened while only chooch and wrong way had the wheel from their (non existent) feedback... 

Should give us money back, still no roller slides... I will not put my wheel back together (from motor replacement) untill I get them... 

Edited by MetricUSA