Veteran Patton 16" 126v 2220wh

Mango

After all the months and months of Fat Shaming the V13, there doesn't seem to be equal outrage at an 89 lb 16 inch wheel...

Is it made of cast iron?

Seems obvious why it's 126V. It's either that or nuclear power to move the little porker.

:roflmao:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Cobaltsaber said:

Its rumored they are going with a new suspension design this time around. The benefit of the linkage suspension design is that it can be much lighter weight than the fork suspension of the sherman-s. If inmotion keeps the plastic shell and understands how much people value the weight of a 16" wheel over pure performance, we might get a good balanced wheel. The v12 was pretty good specs for a 100v wheel already. I also wouldnt mind keeping it to 1800wh instead of 2200wh battery

V12 was already same weight as T4 without suspension.. Check T4 for reference and weight.. I can bet my left nut, that V14 will be much heavier. :D 

16" Sherman-S can suck everyones dingelings. If it's really is near ~40kg weight. 16" wheel and 40kg weight shouldn't be mentioned in same sentence, for ducks sake.. Even V13 looks better now....... :D 

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, UPONIT said:

After all the months and months of Fat Shaming the V13, there doesn't seem to be equal outrage at an 89 lb 16 inch wheel...

Is it made of cast iron?

Seems obvious why it's 126V. It's either that or nuclear power to move the little porker.

:roflmao:

There has been plenty of outrage.  I've been calling it the Veteran Fatton.  Even if 40.5 is inaccurate, the 35-36 kg that is rumored would still be on the heavy side.  

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Funky said:

If it's real weight is 40kg - God forbid.. What's the point of having it then? If bigger bother weighs 44kg.

Here I have to 100% agree with Funky.

If it isn't 40.5kg like Eevees have been told then maybe it is worth another look, but it really needs to be more than 3.5kg less than the 20" Sherman S and a decent amount more. If it actually weighed 34kg then sure, smaller wheel with less battery - but it is 10kg lighter. If it weighs only 3.5kg less then I'm thinking that a 16" wheel that is only 3.5kg less better have the same 3,600Wh battery! If it only has 2,200Wh of battery then in exchange for that lesser battery I would have to have less weight.

If we have 16" wheel + 2,200Wh battery + 40.5kg then one of those 3 things better be wrong or there has been a failure in the design. It might have a 3kW motor, but so does the Sherman S, it doesn't have a monstrously heavy 4.5kW motor like the V13, so it shouldn't have a ridiculous weight.

• Upvote 1

This new wheel is a big distraction for leaperkim when they really should be working to ensure that their flagship model Sherman-S stays competitive. Already EX-30 start to take away a lot of sales and you can be sure that Begode will have an even more improved EX-30 in a couple months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KiwiMark said:

Here I have to 100% agree with Funky.

If it isn't 40.5kg like Eevees have been told then maybe it is worth another look, but it really needs to be more than 3.5kg less than the 20" Sherman S and a decent amount more. If it actually weighed 34kg then sure, smaller wheel with less battery - but it is 10kg lighter. If it weighs only 3.5kg less then I'm thinking that a 16" wheel that is only 3.5kg less better have the same 3,600Wh battery! If it only has 2,200Wh of battery then in exchange for that lesser battery I would have to have less weight.

If we have 16" wheel + 2,200Wh battery + 40.5kg then one of those 3 things better be wrong or there has been a failure in the design. It might have a 3kW motor, but so does the Sherman S, it doesn't have a monstrously heavy 4.5kW motor like the V13, so it shouldn't have a ridiculous weight.

Even if the 16" weights 35kg.. 35kg for 16" is to MUCH! I'm more happy to buy 20" wheel with 3600Wh battery that weighs 45kg.. Than buying 16" wheel which is 35kg. Simply because i get bigger tyre/wheel. Smoother ride and such..

38 minutes ago, LeGiroquoi said:

Yes, but personally I would prefer that companies start listening to the silent riders, those who just don't post their speed exploits online, but just want a safe, reliable everyday wheel..

I still use my 16x,18xl and mcm5. Those seem to me now as the only relevant wheels. 

Totally not interested in 126, 134 or 223058595 volts wheel.

And I think companies could sell a lot of lesser spec wheels.. 

Anyway.. another summer without buying a wheel 😁 my wallet (and my wife ) are happy😂

Been saying that for last 3 years... All new released wheels in my eyes are simply bad. (Bad - as they are to big, to powerful, and simply overkill.) 

100v wheel which has 1200-1500Wh battery. Max speed ~60km/h and weighs 25-30kg would be amazing.

16X/18XL and RS have been last good wheels in weight to performance. That was under 30kg.

Heck i would buy V11 before i would wanna get any of these new wheels. If i wanted suspension. :D  <<< That alone says everything you need to know.

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Funky said:

Even if the 16" weights 35kg.. 35kg for 16" is to MUCH! I'm more happy to buy 20" wheel with 3600Wh battery that weighs 45kg.. Than buying 16" wheel which is 35kg. Simply because i get bigger tyre.

Well, that may be true for you, maybe for me, maybe also for many others - but not necessarily for everyone. It is important to remember that other people exist and they sometimes have different wants/needs than you. I can totally understand someone opting for a wheel that is 10kg lighter as well as being smaller, while still having plenty of power & speed and plenty enough range for what they want. I'm not sure that many people would buy the 16" wheel if it was only 3.5kg lighter though, it seems to me that you lose a lot (especially range) for a very small weight saving.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, KiwiMark said:

Well, that may be true for you, maybe for me, maybe also for many others - but not necessarily for everyone. It is important to remember that other people exist and they sometimes have different wants/needs than you. I can totally understand someone opting for a wheel that is 10kg lighter as well as being smaller, while still having plenty of power & speed and plenty enough range for what they want. I'm not sure that many people would buy the 16" wheel if it was only 3.5kg lighter though, it seems to me that you lose a lot (especially range) for a very small weight saving.

My viewpoint is that anything over 30kg is already a heavy class wheel. Be 35kg or 45kg, the 10 kg difference is pretty small inconvenience VS what you get in return.

Would you say that carrying 35kg wheel is easy? Or somewhat problematic? If it's already problematic.. Why not go 45kg and get better ride out of the wheel. I for sure would wanna 20" wheel instead of 16". Because it's already past the point of return - (30kg.)

At least with 20" wheel you can ride stairs.. No need to carry up/down to 3rd floor multiple times a day. Carrying my 18xl is easy, without much of a fuss.

I personally don't want anything heavier than 30kg. I even had option of buying 18L vs 18XL.. The ~2kg weight saving wasn't worth it in any way at all.

Edited by Funky

It seems clear that the quality of Leaperkim is recognized by everyone and there are enough people who would like something smaller from this company, so I do not understand why they insist on making only tanks. For people who want last generation big wheels there are a few, for those who want midsize only the v12, which has no suspension, and the T4, which to me doesn't offer much security for being Begode. 

Something similar in battery and motor to the v11 with new technology and the suspension of the s18 or the sherman s, would be the perfect versatile wheel for city and small outings to the countryside. The only way to stay under 30kg while maintaining build quality is to assume the battery and motor can't be huge.  Many of us don't care about big numbers, simply because we don't need them. Let's hope that Inmotion and Kingsong dare to reduce weight. 

Edited by Pablocavern
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Cobaltsaber said:

This is how I feel about the pattan. It fits in this weird category where its too heavy to be a lightweight trail or commuter wheel, but it doesnt boast the large battery or larger more stable wheel size. So who was this wheel made for exactly? It doesnt appeal to the people who wanted a lightweight 16" suspension wheel and it doesnt quite do the job of a large heavy 3000+wh suspension wheel. I really hope the weight is an error because this wheel needs to be lighter to be more viable. Oh and no smartbms yet for leaperkim either

1 hour ago, Pablocavern said:

It seems clear that the quality of Leaperkim is recognized by everyone and there are enough people who would like something smaller from this company, so I do not understand why they insist on making only tanks. For people who want last generation big wheels there are a few, for those who want midsize only the v12, which has no suspension, and the T4, which to me doesn't offer much security for being Begode. 

Something similar in battery and motor to the v11 with new technology and the suspension of the s18 or the sherman s, would be the perfect versatile wheel for city and small outings to the countryside. The only way to stay under 30kg while maintaining build quality is to assume the battery and motor can't be huge.  Many of us don't care about big numbers, simply because we don't need them. Let's hope that Inmotion and Kingsong dare to reduce weight. 

Thank god some people still get it... Otherwise making 16" wheel at 40kg weight is simply idiotic. I don't get what the company is thinking! It boggles my mind about their thought process. :w00t2: (Let's make 16" wheel same weight as 18" and 20" with less battery.. - Like Hello??? Are you stupid? 16" should be 30kg no more!) Make them slower.... Less range.... Less power.... Do what you need - to get it near 30kg or lighter. Jesus Christ!!! 

It's a smaller wheel - it should not perform like big wheels!

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Mango said:

$4600 CAN

Hard pass.

I honestly hope they don't release this wheel. First time i have though like that. Because it's simply a waste of a release. It could have been something much, much better. BUT no - we are getting this Fattso. 40kg 16" :facepalm: Even if it's 35kg - it isn't any better. (I think 40kg is an error.. Because we are getting smaller battery pack and wheel. If big Sherman-S weighs 44kg. The 16" can't be 40kg.)

I can already see that it won't sell. Because the weight is too close to big wheels.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Funky said:

I honestly hope they don't release this wheel. First time i have though like that. Because it's simply a waste of a release. It could have been something much, much better. BUT no - we are getting this Fattso. 40kg 16" :facepalm: Even if it's 35kg - it isn't any better. (I think 40kg is an error.. Because we are getting smaller battery pack and wheel. If big Sherman-S weighs 44kg. The 16" can't be 40kg.)

I can already see that it won't sell. Because the weight is too close to big wheels.

I suppose they have some commercial strategy, although I find it hard to understand it. On this page (https://www.blackdealday.com/gyroroue/leaperkim-patton-veteran.html) they advertise it at 2.800€, so maybe they want to offer a Low Cost version of the Sherman S, but I don't see that as a brand focused on quality. Or maybe they want to present it as an unbreakable trial wheel and more agile for its 16" than the Sherman S. But people seem happy with the agility of the T4 I guess because it weighs less than the big wheels with suspension and not only for its 16". Maybe we will understand this decision later.

Edited by Pablocavern
  • Like 1

Sherman OG was 3200Wh and 35kg. Take out 60 (?) cells = -4.2kg. Switch the 14" rim+motor to a 12" one, a few kgs I'd imagine. Remove the crash bars and decrease the overall size by roughly 20%, -4kg. We might be roughly at -10kg by now. Add suspension. All V11 suspension components weigh 1.8kg in total, I'd Imagine the ShermS 16" struts to weigh about 3-4kg together. That would make it roughly a 29kg wheel.

Add 6 kgs worth of lead, because no other material would make it a 35kg wheel with the space that's available. Voilà, it's ready for production!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

This is another wheel once again that misses the mark for me! That is ok. Nothing to be upset about since it just means I can still be happy with my current wheels and enjoy them. 

I am not so bothered by the weight of the wheel. I am more bothered by the constant bait and switch on the consumer. 

Sherman S 20 inch wheel capped at 100v. Not so long after Patton 126v but stuck at 16inches less capacity. Just wait a few months for the Patton XL (or whatever) 126v 18-20inch wheel (insert battery capacity here)

None of these manufacturers are committing to long term support of their products.. They are literally out dating their own products on purpose to get people to purchase the next one not even 6 months later. 

I guess we can give begode some credit for updating battery boxes and stuff on some of their wheels for the consumers, but I dont know.. Im not buying into it. 

Something you spend 3k+ on should not be outdated in months. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Funky said:

I honestly hope they don't release this wheel. First time i have though like that. Because it's simply a waste of a release. It could have been something much, much better. BUT no - we are getting this Fattso. 40kg 16" :facepalm: Even if it's 35kg - it isn't any better. (I think 40kg is an error.. Because we are getting smaller battery pack and wheel. If big Sherman-S weighs 44kg. The 16" can't be 40kg.)

do not forget its 126+ volts, thats only on extra batteries about +2kg

33 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

Sherman S 20 inch wheel capped at 100v. Not so long after Patton 126v but stuck at 16inches less capacity. Just wait a few months for the Patton XL (or whatever) 126v 18-20inch wheel (insert battery capacity here)

I doubt Leaper Lim deliberately left out the 126V motor drive system from the Sherman-S so that they can make the Sherman-S outdated in a few months with a release of another wheel with a 126V system. The Sherman-S has to complete with the 126V V13 and 134V Begode 20" suspension wheels.

I suspect it is more like the 126V system wasn't ready in time for the Sherman-S release.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, techyiam said:

I doubt Leaper Lim deliberately left out the 126V motor drive system from the Sherman-S so that they can make the Sherman-S outdated in a few months with a release of another wheel with a 126V system. The Sherman-S has to complete with the 126V V13 and 134V Begode 20" suspension wheels.

I suspect it is more like the 126V system wasn't ready in time for the Sherman-S release.

They still chose to release the S when they did. To then announce a 126v system for the Patton not so long after. The choice to go fwd with the S and not hold off a few extra weeks/months seems like a cash grab to me. Just my 2 cents. I don't doubt 126v was not ready in time for the S, but it sure got up to snuff pretty quickly after..  Lets be honest its not like higher voltage wheels came out of the blue. The s22 was around for a while, v13 was announced and being developed for a while, and begode had a host of 134v wheels out there. Hell even the copycat of the sherman S managed to get their commander pro updated before release. (albeit a bit sloppy with adapters and crap which is lame)

Now, i am not one to chase voltage or speed.. I am probably not even perceptive enough to REALLY know the difference when riding. (i say probably because i never rode anything above 100V). But with how involved the community is with these wheels and their builds.. I find it really kind of crappy to release a $4,000 wheel with a system that is lesser than a cheaper wheel coming out 4 months later..  On purpose or not. The choices are a just a bit head scratching. 

Edited by jimjam.nyc

8 minutes ago, Milordas said:

anyone will need 40kg 16" monster? i'd realy preffer 100v version with  minus 2-3 kg of weight wheel

what would you prefer 100v for? To be able to share chargers with your old wheels? Cuz increasing voltage doesnt add any additional weight. I think if a higher voltage version is proven to be reliable, theres little reason to stick with a lower voltage (up to a certain point imo)

• Like 1

Eevees says the patton is actually an 18x3 tire? Im confused now. So it uses the same tire as the sherman, but instead of it being 20" size they call it 16"? This naming nomenclature always sucked. All 18" and 20" wheels could be used interchangeably

So is the pattan actually an 18" wheel disguised as a 16" wheel? That means its more like an s22 instead of being like a T4 like we all wanted

256A1E05-6D9C-46A9-B45D-2148DFC5BBD0.jpeg

• Like 1

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to Veteran Patton 16" 126v 2220wh