Veteran Patton 16" 126v 2220wh

Mango

On 2/8/2023 at 10:05 AM, Drunkard said:

I don't get why design it to have crazy high top speed

Safety headroom.  And ability to keep high speeds even at 20% battery.
A nikola is a 16" wheel but the 'max' speed is 65kph only when the battery is 80%+
You'd need to slow down after a few kms of hard riding or risk a cutout.

On 2/13/2023 at 3:41 PM, Murdomeek said:

Safety headroom.  And ability to keep high speeds even at 20% battery.
A nikola is a 16" wheel but the 'max' speed is 65kph only when the battery is 80%+
You'd need to slow down after a few kms of hard riding or risk a cutout.

Yep. On my v11 it only does 34 mph for maybe the top 10% of the battery, and then it quickly starts dropping down. When I'm at 75% the wheel screams at me for doing 27mph which really isn't that fast at all. 

58 minutes ago, wstuart said:

My Sherman S is my new v11

I'm coming from a V11 and I think this will be true for me as well when I get my wheel on Wednsday. I'm still keeping my V11 though should anything happen to S or the weather is really gross out. I'm pretty excited!!!🤘

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Clem604 said:

I'm coming from a V11 and I think this will be true for me as well when I get my wheel on Wednsday. I'm still keeping my V11 though should anything happen to S or the weather is really gross out. I'm pretty excited!!!🤘

My EX has been my Sherman S backup.  If I didn't have an EX (that has been impossible to sell) I would have held onto either my v11 or my Sherman Max as a backup to my Sherman S

If I could have my dream stable of wheels, I would sell my EX and get an EX30 to be my Sherman S backup / street wheel.  

I would consider replacing my 16x with this wheel.  It would be tough though.... 16x is EPIC 

Edited by wstuart
  • Like 1

I hope LK uses a solid bridge between the tops of the suspension especially since this wheel may be seeing more air time and more trail use than the Sherm-S.  If done right, this wheel could be amazing!  I hope they keep the price under $3200 USD.  $2800 and these will fly off the shelves.

9 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

the LK 16" demo units are supposed to be showing up in mid-March.

You are talking about showing up in about 3 weeks. 

That doesn't give Leaper Kim much time to revised and repurpose the Sherman-S to become the new Sherman-S 16".

And the 16" is supposedly be coming with the 126-volt system. Hence, I would think the Sherman-S 16" was designed in parallel with the Sherman-S, but staggered by a few months behind.

If the V14 is coming in April, then, this was also in the works sometime ago.

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

You are talking about showing up in about 3 weeks. 

That doesn't give Leaper Kim much time to revised and repurpose the Sherman-S to become the new Sherman-S 16".

And the 16" is supposedly be coming with the 126-volt system. Hence, I would think the Sherman-S 16" was designed in parallel with the Sherman-S, but staggered by a few months behind.

If the V14 is coming in April, then, this was also in the works sometime ago.

I think all of this is a big IF at this point. We really haven't heard much of anything from the actual manufacturers about these wheels. I would be pretty surprised if demos are coming so quickly. (fingers crossed)

I am super excited for them to be honest. I want a smaller suspension wheel as the S and the v13 were way too much for my liking. I didn't want a T4. While i think it's a great wheel, I am not a fan of the begodes new design just yet. I like the direction its going, but I feel like it needs a little more time in the oven!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

but I feel like it needs a little more time in the oven!

This is a very good point, we don't need another half baked wheel to release only to have it fully baked many months and revisions later. I will hope for the best.

20 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

I am super excited for them to be honest. I want a smaller suspension wheel as the S and the v13 were way too much for my liking. I didn't want a T4. While i think it's a great wheel, I am not a fan of the begodes new design just yet. I like the direction its going, but I feel like it needs a little more time in the oven!

I do agree that it is exciting times. Leaper Kim and Inmotion have both raise the bar in their own respective areas. Additionally, Begode has shown some good progress in both the Commander Pro and the EX30. They are moving in the right direction. The newer wheels keep getting better. 

As for myself, since my use case is for rapid urban commuting, either Sherman-s's could work, as well as the V13. If Begode can combine the positives of both Commander Pro, and EX30, with a injection of further improvement in build quality, and waterproofing, Begode wheels can also be on the short list. I think only Kingsong doesn't have a competitive wheel for a summer release.

On 2/24/2023 at 5:33 PM, techyiam said:

I think only Kingsong doesn't have a competitive wheel for a summer release.

Well, the S16” rumors were the first 16” suspension wheel rumors by a large margin. And since they haven’t introduced any new wheels in a long time, I’m sure they have worked on it for a long time already. Maybe they are just more tight lipped with the rumors, like they were with the S18” launch. Back then we got several teasers for the V11, and nothing for the S18” until like a day after the V11 was finally unveiled.

38 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Well, the S16” rumors were the first 16” suspension wheel rumors by a large margin. And since they haven’t introduced any new wheels in a long time, I’m sure they have worked on it for a long time already. Maybe they are just more tight lipped with the rumors, like they were with the S18” launch. Back then we got several teasers for the V11, and nothing for the S18” until like a day after the V11 was finally unveiled.

That is the problem with Kingsong. Their track record doesn't do themselves any favors. 

Case in point is the S20. The S20 thread started on this website in early April, 2021. And it is only now, in the guise of the S22 Pro that the S20/22 has become a finished product, with most of the serious issues ironed out.

Wrongway and others had rumored before that, that the S20 and a S16 would be in the works. And the S16 was to have styling cues from Starwars. But over time, the rumor changed to, on, off, on again "vapour ware".

Kingsong has shown that they are by far the slowest to come out with new wheels.

There simply isn't any solid cues to lead us to think that an S16 will be released in a couple of months.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Saw this on reddit

6593A969-FB35-4FF1-982E-A8C19DB2591C.thumb.jpeg.8ede7f338ffd59688e00fcf8403559ec.jpeg

https://www.reddit.com/r/ElectricUnicycle/comments/11mcxwn/16_inch_sherman_s_on_the_way/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Take it with a grain of salt since who knows how credible it is, but is that no load speed is true, this could be an awesome wheel. 

…can anyone read blurry Chinese?

Edited by Denny Paul
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

S16, but the same source later indicated that the actual release date was 🤷‍♂️.

I think the new 16" wheel basic spec's are different  than when the S16 was first conceived. 

I don't think they can keep what they had from back then.

This wheel had been put on the shelf before. It is really hard to know what new wheel Kingsong will be bringing out next, and when.

1 hour ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

I am eagerly waiting to see these 16" sus wheels!   I love everything about my 16x, except the fact that I'm riding it at the hairy edge of cutoff far too often. 

I believe the new 16" suspension wheels will be quite different from your 16X. The only thing that will be the same would probably be the tire size.

Hence, acceleration and braking effort could still be similar. 

I also have exceeded the speed at which I should be riding my T3. On smooth level roads, it is really easy to do. I have been lucky so far, and have not had a cutout yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

I also have exceeded the speed at which I should be riding my T3. On smooth level roads, it is really easy to do. I have been lucky so far, and have not had a cutout yet.

I too consider myself fortunate.  Luckily KS fw manages the tiltback quite well. However, I don't like reviewing my ride and seeing low single digits for remaining safety margin.  I've seen 3% and 4% more often than I like.

• Like 1

As for me, I might be either too old or fearful (or both 😁) but I still enjoy my 84v very much, as I never ride on the beeps and I consider 45kmh as just a good enough top speed, especially on a 16inch or smaller wheel.

That speed limit is for me the definition of micromobility, speeds over 60 are competing with motorcycles.

So, for me a 16inch with suspension would be just nice with 100v (even 84, why not!) and light enough . The 2000wh specs of that leaked image seems just a nice, and maximum, size

• Like 1

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to Veteran Patton 16" 126v 2220wh