Veteran Patton 16" 126v 2220wh

Mango

126V is Veteran's next upgrade after 100V! I wonder how long this has been in the works. Begode 134V wheels have existed for a while now.

Decent battery size for a 16 incher! Well, it's more than the usual 1800Wh and not quite the really neat 3600Wh, but ok. Comes with the voltage so it's the natural choice.

10 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

126V is Veteran's next upgrade after 100V! I wonder how long this has been in the works. Begode 134V wheels have existed for a while now.

Decent battery size for a 16 incher! Well, it's more than the usual 1800Wh and not quite the really neat 3600Wh, but ok. Comes with the voltage so it's the natural choice.

The Abrams was announced as a 116v wheel and changed to 100v at the very last moment. 

• Like 1

I guess the batte for 16" suspension wheel supremacy has begun.

Begode fired the first shot.

Now we have Inmotion's V14, and Sherman S 16".

@mrelwood would not like the surely over 60 lbs. weight of these wheels. 

Sherman S 16" can't be much lighter than the S22. Basically spec'd like an S22, but with a 16" wheel, and a higher top speed. If this wheel turns out to be stable at speeds, this could be great for fast urban commuting. 

Due to the 16" diameter wheel, acceleration and braking should be responsive, with agility to boot.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, techyiam said:

I guess the batte for 16" suspension wheel supremacy has begun.

Begode fired the first shot.

Now we have Inmotion's V14, and Sherman S 16".

@mrelwood would not like the surely over 60 lbs. weight of these wheels. 

Sherman S 16" can't be much lighter than the S22. Basically spec'd like an S22, but with a 16" wheel, and a higher top speed. If this wheel turns out to be stable at speeds, this could be great for fast urban commuting. 

Due to the 16" diameter wheel, acceleration and braking should be responsive, with agility to boot.

Take my money now for the pre order. 

• Haha 2

This is getting interesting! Especially when old rumors say that KingSong S16 would be their next wheel as well. So three manufacturers all try to fight for the 16” crown next!

@techyiam is right though, in that I still might not find a reason to upgrade myself.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BKW said:

They have ensured we stay broke forever :)

Capitalism at it's best.

At least there are real gains. In the motorcycle world, every few years they brought out new models that don't match the hype.

Many feels the Begode 134-volt is a joy to ride when it works.

The Sherman S and the V13 are electric wheels that have truly raised the bar.

But if one has the discipline to wait for the early batch issues to subside, then it isn't that bad. Usually by this time, there would be only a few that are worth considering, given one's use case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Capitalism at it's best.

At least there are real gains. In the motorcycle world, every few years they brought out new models that don't match the hype.

Many feels the Begode 134-volt is a joy to ride when it works.

The Sherman S and the V13 are electric wheels that have truly raised the bar.

But if one has the discipline to wait for the early batch issues to subside, then it isn't that bad. Usually by this time, there would be only a few that are worth considering, given one's use case.

I think it's interesting that on there 18inch 100lb wheel they go 100v, but on the 16 inch 75lb wheel they go 126v...... seems backwards.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, wstuart said:

I think it's interesting that on there 18inch 100lb wheel they go 100v, but on the 16 inch 75lb wheel they go 126v...... seems backwards.

My guess would be that the 126-volt system did not get developed in time.

Personally I was expecting a higher voltage drive system to come out. Of course I didn't know when. Now we know, the Sherman S would surely get the 126-volt too sometimes in the future. 

Capitalism at its best. 

There is always something more enticing in the near future.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

My guess would be that the 126-volt system did not get developed in time.

Personally I was expecting a higher voltage drive system to come out. Of course I didn't know when. Now we know, the Sherman S would surely get the 126-volt too sometimes in the future. 

Capitalism at its best. 

There is also something more enticing in the near future.

Yeah I bet you're right.  I thought I remember seeing in some video that Jason strongly encouraged Leaperkim to stick with 100v.  I think it was the right move.  I wonder if Leaperkim is going 126v because they now feel pressure to differentiate their wheel from the T4 and Inmotion 16" suspension wheel?

The Sherman S is pretty impressive at 100v.  At 126v it will be an unbeatable wheel. 

• Like 1

I'm guessing if this rumour is true then the Sherman S will be updated shortly to a higher voltage and maybe the option for an upgrade for current users?

With Inmotion looking at going with linkage for its 16" variant will Veteran need to do the same?

What are the implications of Veteran using the same kind of suspension as on the Sherman S on this smaller form factor wheel?

1 hour ago, The Brahan Seer said:

What are the implications of Veteran using the same kind of suspension as on the Sherman S on this smaller form factor wheel?

Excessive width, and possibly height as well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Brahan Seer said:

I'm guessing if this rumour is true then the Sherman S will be updated shortly to a higher voltage and maybe the option for an upgrade for current users?

I wish they would upgrade to a higher voltage sherman-s because it'd make my next wheel purchase a lot easier!

• Upvote 1

Given that my Sherman S has plenty enough speed and plenty enough power and great range, I have to wonder if there is really any need for 126V. But I'll be keeping an eye on developments of this wheel. Who knows, maybe I'll sell my V12HT and buy the mini-Sherman. 2,200Wh is more than the 1,750Wh that the V12HT has, so that is nice.

So, what is this little sucker gonna weigh?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

In theory, they could keep the top speed the same but give you more torque with the increased voltage. That plus the smaller tire diameter would give an immensely oomph-y wheel.

Of course they will never compromise speed:mellow: But they could.

By going to 126V, perhaps they can keep the same motor and put on a 16" rim, to yield more thrust (perceived torque) and still have a high top speed. 

I think the combination of a 16" wheel and 126-volt should be enough for the torque and speed junkies. This could be great for off-road and fast urban commuting.

Right now, Begode doesn't have a 134.4-volt wheel in 16".

With this announcement, we should be hearing soon about a Begode 16" wheel with 134V.

Come to think of it, Inmotion should also put out a 126V, 16" wheel. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2

On 2/8/2023 at 1:05 PM, Drunkard said:

What is the weight and what is the design/shape!

I wouldn't be surprised that begode would remove the lights and battery packs of their next wheels. Why not, if you can just carry them in your hands and a light on your forehead.. cutting the production cost even more. That would make a good use of their extra long cables 😂

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to Veteran Patton 16" 126v 2220wh