Luk's suspension conversion kit for RS

His prior video offers a better look in daylight:

Tired with V11 and S18 ?  Disappointed with S20 and Hero?  There is  alternative coming.  This is just a teaser video that it already exists and rides well!. It offers much better suspension than any existing competition, "GW class" acceleration and performance, better than V11 front lamp and is around 20-25% lighter than competitive models.  Please no ETA for now.  This is just to show that such things already exist. We work hard to make it public.

Does anyone have more info on this guy? This description sounds pretty awesome indeed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, squirrel said:

Does anyone have more info on this guy?

Since the video says "Luk Luk" I'm guessing it's @Lukasz He's a maker, I think from Poland? He's built an S18XL and sells what he calls 'essential upgrades' for the S18. I bought them, they're well thought out and very well made—not perfect mind you, but the front fender extension is brilliant. I need to pester him for one for the S20.

Edited by Tawpie
lord, I can't type today
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Freeforester said:

…with decent lights at either end, it would seem.

How hard is it to stop in frame on video? He really excels at annoying any potential buyers even if it makes it into production.

9 hours ago, Tawpie said:

Since the video says "Luk Luk" I'm guessing it's @Lukasz He's a maker, I think from Poland? He's built an S18XL and sells what he calls 'essential upgrades' for the S18. I bought them, they're well thought out and very well made—not perfect mind you, but the front fender extension is brilliant. I need to pester him for one for the S20.

@Lukasz started posting on this forum over 6 years ago around the same time as me. He's very inventive and has done some great mods and videos. I wIsh he'd come back and share more content here. 

I'm definitely looking forward to the reveal of his secret suspension project.

• Like 2

Dayum that ride down the stairs looked smooth as butter. I wonder how he is planning to make the wheels 25% lighter than those of the competitors. Pretty much all wheels are just motor, rim, tire, shell, battery, pedal hangers and the pedal themselves. Where is he planning to shave off that much weight? Exotic materials? That would mean one very, very expensive wheel...

• 10 months later...

Vid below from Sept 2022.

This is prototype III of the fully custom build electric unicycle with high torque and high suspension range. It offers unseen before ride comfort and features while being still below 33 kg of total weight road-ready. It has been build to meet needs of advanced riders, based on over 40 000 km of riding experience over last 7 years with many earlier mods in mind. Wheel comes complete with many features usually missing in Chinese constructions. Small series production in progress. For more details please write to a64(at)interia.pl

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=pfbid02sydWXZfXweovBhPD8eJWbCHZKzq2hkp7veQaBqgd9qVvNQcrzq7ivEoHhaicMTdWl&id=100007482093160 
February 01, 2023
Begode RsHt with suspension kit.
Fully adjustable suspension, height adjustable as well.
Apparently the final design is finished and final production is starting soon.
Gonna be sold complete or available as a kit to convert your existing RsHt.
25 - 35% lighter than current suspension wheels.
Plus the centre of gravity is lower than on chinese suspension wheels.
Has the torque and power of the original RsHt.

(Is there any more information available? @Lukasz?) 

Edited by RagingGrandpa

A very interesting EUC-concept, if you watch the videos more closely, you will notice that the suspension is based on a swingarm, similar style as e.g. MTB bicycle rear suspension.
The suspension will have sliding friction only from the Aftermarket shock absorber.

The question is, why hasn't any bigger manufacturer made a suspension with a similar concept yet?

One thing that may affect driving dynamics negatively is that the whole frame, including the pedals, moves approx. 11mm horizontally in the range of the suspension in relation to the center of the wheel (if the swing arm length is 250mm)

The EUC is produced in a small series, which is why it is expensive, on the other hand suspension has a smooth long 150mm range and also in the video the operation of the suspension looks good. And it is based on very proven tech of RS

But there is not yet independent information about the EUC...