I think I messed up somewhere in my tube replacement.

Dogmaticjoe

I was replacing my tube for the first time and I only had to disconnect 2 cables and it seemed pretty straight forwards but now my wheel is beeping and making some weird noise it definitely shouldn't be making when it was put back together. the wheel rolls fine when it is off with no sign of catching. I figured before I take it apart (which I know I will have to do) I would just ask if anyone knows what the issue is. also when its on the led are sometimes solid red and other times blinking red.

sorry for weird camera angle it was hard to film and hold the wheel.

4 hours ago, alcatraz said:

Are the wires color coded? Did they all go back correct?

There are usually three motor wires and one small sensor wire.

Check for damage. 

there is literally only one wire you disconnect from each side of the wheel to take the shell off of the wheel itself so I couldn't have connected wrong wires.

one big motor power cable on one side and one smaller cable on the other side.

This looks kinda like my S18 when I connected the hall sensors backwards by putting the connector in the wrong way. I think I see the motor jerking, and the beeps kinda sound like overload beeps because the controller is sending lots of current and it's not effective. Try double checking that.

Per your terminology, that's the small cable on the other side, you may have flipped the connector around.

Edited by chanman
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, chanman said:

This looks kinda like my S18 when I connected the hall sensors backwards by putting the connector in the wrong way. I think I see the motor jerking, and the beeps kinda sound like overload beeps because the controller is sending lots of current and it's not effective. Try double checking that.

Per your terminology, that's the small cable on the other side, you may have flipped the connector around.

maybe the hall sensor didn't really have a guide like the motor power cable did. before I take off both sides do you know what side that cord is in so I can just unscrew that and one and give it a try.(assuming power button is facing forwards)

I checked this video real quick and looks like the right side, but not super clear, haven't done an 18XL myself. The hall sensor connector looks like the same one on the S18 that I found easy enough to plug in backwards so I could definitely see this being the case lol.

• Like 1

UPDATE: Better but still not working.

I unplugged the hall sensor wire and saw one of the prongs were bent down so it wasn't plugging in properly so I lightly bent it back into place and when I plugged my wheel back in and when the wheel is turned on it beeps, and unlike in the last video it can roll forward and backwards without that weird brrrrr motor sound and wheel lockup, so that's better at least but the beeping and the fact that the wheel when im holding it upright wants to tilt backwards or forwards on its own (as seen in the video, also my dog hates the beeping)

I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Since reconnecting the hall sensor cable changed the behavior, I think it’s safe to assume that the issue is somewhere in there.

Make sure that the connector goes in in the correct orientation, and that you push it in straight and all the way in. 

I think if it's balancing now the hall sensors were a problem and now that seems better? Calibration would make sense if it stays balanced at a single point even if that point is way tilted, but this one is moving back and forth so not sure what to make of that, and still beeping for whatever reason. Could still be the hall sensors but the problem is just more intermittent now?

Edited by chanman

• 1 month later...

I finally wanted to try something someone suggested and went to re-calibrate my wheel to see if that fixed it and it didn't but then I remembered that my wheel has a beep or voice feature so I turned on the voice announcements and it revealed a part of the problem to me of "overpower" warnings I just don't know what to do at this point if you need any of the other facts about this case most of my posts on this explain the situation and what's happening with it. I just don't know what to do about this.

I think I said this before, thinking hall sensors still a problem, you get a bit where it balances ok, and then a bit where it doesn't and gives the overpower when the hall sensors cut out because it's applying power and not getting useful motor torque when the connection drops, maybe one of the wires is damaged or similar.

You can try to see if the connection is made internally in the motor, but that is going to require opening the motor cover, and replace/repair any bad wires or you can try replacing the motor entirely.

Edited by chanman