Big Guy EUC Help

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping I could get some help choosing a new wheel. With gear I probably weigh about 340lbs. I learned to ride on a Veteran Sherman v1, and had an RS HT as a second wheel (loved the quick acceleration). Both of those wheels suited me well and I didn’t really have any issues  I pretty much knew my limits and tried to stay well under the max speed of each - general cruising in the 20-30mph range. 

Wanting change and just being a fool, I sold both my EUCs and picked up a OneWheel GT - I rode onewheels before I got into EUCs. But it has left much to be desired and I really want to get another EUC. 

I’ve been looking at and YouTube deep diving a lot of the current wheels, and I’ve kind of narrowed it down to the following:

- Master Pro - though I know I’ll likely have to change my suspension linkage and possibly shock as well so it doesn’t bottom out on everything

- V13 - build quality catches my eye most, but the range at my weight worries me, as I don’t wanna be getting only like 25-30miles per charge

- Sherman S - again build quality, despite being only a 100v wheel, but I’m concerned even the 62g shock setup might not work for me due to my weight

Any thoughts or suggestions? 
- I know I’ve seen some other big guys riding EUCs but it varies across the board, and I’m in the minority
- I used to get about 35miles on my RS HT and maybe 60 miles on the Sherman v1

Thanks for your help in advance. 

Aloha from Hawai’i. 🤙🏽🤙🏽

Out of the ones you mentioned Master Pro I reckon - only one that will still get you the range you want at reasonable speeds. Yes you will probably need to change the shock, which seems more optimised for middle range / light weight riders. Likewise, those structural battery boxes and their mountings are still plastic I believe, and have been known to crack under heavier loads, so you may want to replace those too.

What about an EX30 ? That's a lot beefier, and would require you do less to it...

Edited by Cerbera

@Cerbera I honestly didn't look much into the EX30 but you could be right. I am just wondering about those battery edges that stick out to the tire edge. Though it would be very similar to what I was used to on the Sherman V1 with the roll cage. I think I read somewhere that the ex30 was supposed to come with the new designed suspension linkage which others on FB have told me are a HUGE upgrade and allow the stock shock to be used at much much lower PSI's

@Tawpie I think I watched that video too you mentioned - Was it the one he did like a range test, and his friend on the Sherman ran out of battery, and he made it within 1/4 mile of his house before he died? He was a little bit lighter than my weight range, but his video made me seriously look at the Sherman S as a possibility.

Edited by 808shane

1 hour ago, 808shane said:

I am just wondering about those battery edges that stick out to the tire edge.

And that is a valid concern, but one that will be fairly easily addressable, either by adding padding / bumpers to that area or simply by not doing the sort of insane bonks and slopes where it becomes problematic. If it was me, I'd just do the latter and not worry about it !!

Edited by Cerbera

1 hour ago, 808shane said:

Was it the one he did like a range test, and his friend on the Sherman ran out of battery, and he made it within 1/4 mile of his house before he died?

That was it! Mentioned because of your concern about the spring, the suspension seemed to be fine for him.

Edited by Tawpie

• 1 month later...

Now that the wheels have been out for a bit, which would be the better wheel? Between the Sherman S or the EX30… or even the master pro, though I really don’t like the v2 design.

I have already pre-ordered a Sherman S 66lb version and should be getting it in the next batch from ewheels shortly. But I’m having FOMO and thinking the 134v of the ex30 would be better. 

Others have mentioned that range would be better on the Sherman S because of the 100v. But how much better? 

thanks again for your help!

• 2 months later...

Wanna add I'm a very big rider, 300 lb at almost 7ft, and about 20 - 25 lbs of stuff in backpack (chain and locks, small tools, steel water bottle, small gym stuff, etc) and I've ripped out on the 2020 Sherman @ 40 mph with no beeps, keeping a steady eye on volts (important!!) on my watch.  The "little" 2500w motor can accelerate me faster than a lot of the cars. I'd say give your next purchase some extra room regarding power if you're able, and get one with atleast 3000w, and atleast 2000wh, not for just speed, but leeway for bigger riders like us, as I plan to do with a V13 soon. (The 2 hall sensors is a great touch.) Despite just 1 on the MastPro and the potential lesser quality, that battery gives you a lot of room to play with in terms of safety. Always respect the beeps, even if a damn wheel were to have 6000wh and 5 hall sensors :lol:.  I would still mess with the suspension to make it stronger like what Marty did, very smart.  Until then, I wouldn't recommend curbs or jumps for guys our size even on a suspension wheel, only if it's stock or that shock is not rated for such weight.

Edited by destruver

• 2 weeks later...

Veteran wheels, or V13, or Begode HT wheels. 

The V13 and Master Pro are in my mind unsuitable because of the extreme wheel diameter 22in. The larger the diameter, the less leverage advantage (torque) the motor has (if we compare the same motor but different diameters). 

A wheel like the Sherman-S or EX30 ought to be the better choices in my mind.