tail lights for euc and helmet

Orange

• 2 weeks later...

Oh those look great ! Just ordered myself a set for the under-pedals. Cheers. I will try them out and post a review here...

Unclear from the website how we change colours from a 2 button remote, but I'm sure it will become apparent...

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MetricUSA said:

Works great at night, but haw often do you need to charge it?!? Seems like it has a small battery... 

60 hours lifetime at max brightness, double that for next level down, and 200 hrs for lowest brightness is claimed in the specs. 1 hour charge time apparently... I shall test these things  independently.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Josiah said:

They seem blindingly bright on the max setting.  Maybe too bright?  Could they be blinding to other vehicles or pedestrians at night?

Well in my case they couldn't be more blinding than the stock lights on the Master ! I've had to mitigate that by blanking off the top 3rd of them. But these should be OK because if I get to use them as planned they will be low under pedals, and possibly lower brightness, but if they do end up higher I'll probably mount them on the sides, rather than front, and use them in 'beacon mode' - quick flash every 2 seconds or so.

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

These have arrived ! UNBELIEVABLY BRIGHT !! Literally, I have seen dimmer aircraft beacons ! :) In that respect they are amazing, but for gods sake don't put them anywhere facing people's eyes - if you view them head on you are properly blind for 5 seconds after a flash ! Fortunately, the central white strobe LED only does that function. It is surrounded by RGB LEDs that produces the colour washes separately, and they are at much more reasonable brightness.

This will not be a problem for me because I am mounting them with velcro to the handy rectangular recesses in the undersides the Begode Master's pedals, so we will only see reflected light from them. These mean that the lights hardly protrude much and shouldn't get caught on anything. These lights are unusual in that they have an absolutely flat back, which is perfect for mounting. They also have hooks for elastic bands, and indeed there are some, and some sticky pads in the box. Don't use the sticky pads unless you can move the whole EUC to within 3 inches of a power socket ! Use velcro instead, then you can remove to charge via the included 3 inch cable.

The lights have 30 different mode / color combinations and once you choose one it will stay like that until you interrupt it with the remote control (powered by replaceable / provided CR232 cell) strobe button, which instantly starts slow strobing white, or the other 2 buttons which switch  to solid on mode. The other button then controls the colour. All the colours are deep and vibrant and bright. I'll add some photos later and I am doing tests to see how long they stay on for. You power off and on each unit with a long press on the single button on each light.

The one downside I can see is that once you have activated strobe with remote, the other LEDs also change to white, and when you quite strobe mode, they do all reset to white, and don't go back to the colour you had before, which you then have to reselect with a few more button presses. TBH I doubt I will use either the remote or the strobe function ! I just want a cool blue wash under my pedals that I turn on before a ride and off afterwards.

So in summary, providing they last, and are splash-proof (they look like they might be) these are incredible value for money, and as beacon / warning lights, or under pedal illumination, you will struggle to find better and more helpfully mountable lights. However they are NOT suitable for use as headlight because the Ring LEDs would not be bright enough, and the central strobe is not meant to be on all the time, and would way too bright and battery draining to be practical.

Edited by Cerbera

Yep, very pleased with those :)

Blue-Red.thumb.jpg.b10b82c8b8b41763078c75625ab19a67.jpg Red-Red.thumb.jpg.d386fd221e5c63ad9a1d96f51a3b6d56.jpg

OK, further information on the button presses:

• Centre button activates strobe - ultra bright white, then low intensity red flashes.
  • Top Button jumps back to white solid
  • Lower button cycles through solid colors first, then a range of patterns, during which you get around 9 colour mixes.
  • In solid mode, you can only have red, green, or blue, and not for example, solid purple or any other mix. 
Edited by Cerbera

• 4 months later...

these are very very bright and irritating:

https://www.knog.com/collections/bike-lights/products/lil-cobber-bike-light-set

my helmet (hockey) has the front and back mounts for these lights.  i dont mount anything on my euc cause in a crash, the lights will be destroyed.  i use the white in front and red in back.  slow flash front,  quick flash back.  these lights are also available in longer lengths if you desire...and they charge in USB port, the charging plug is built into each lamp.

there are several youtube vids on these lights...just search for knog cobbler