Voltrides - waterproofing their EUC's

sidderke

Out of curiosity, I see Voltrides providing a free service of waterproofing a lot of the EUC's they sell. Is this a worthwhile reason for picking them above other EUC resellers in Europe? Anyone have experience with them? I don't really need a new EUC for the moment, but interested in that service. (does it make a big difference in a wheel like a Sherman Max?)

I bought my wheel from them and also have them service my e-scooter when it needs to. I think they're a good company, they've been around for a while, the guys are enthusiastic about PEVs and involved in the community. I had the free waterproofing done on my wheel and while I don't know exactly what they did, it gives me peace of mind to know at least somebody looked inside and tightened the screws and whatnot. All I know is that it was opened, as the padding needs to be pulled off (and later glued back) in order to open the 16X. Took about 5-6 days for the waterproofed wheel to arrive, as promised.

I think because they are offering this free waterproofing deal because have a fairly big workshop, which sits idle in the offseason in the time of snow and slush. Having free waterproofing done gives work for the techs and quite a useful service for the customers, so it's a win-win.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Depending on the model we (commented: Voltride) do:

• Seal the outer case with silicone to prevent water ingress
  • Motor cable connector shielding with heat wrap and silicone
  • Seal exposed connectors
  • Seal leakage points next to the lights and other places
  • Seal battery connectors
  • We do not seal points meant for water exit

We (commented: Voltride) do not:

• We do not open the motor (in most cases) - :(
  • We do not re-seal the battery (in most cases)
  • We can’t seal the bearing (in most cases) - :( 
  • We do not give any extra warranty for water ingress
  • We do not recommend riding in the rain

Well.. good service anyway