KS S18 molicel or LG?

mishoo

I just unboxed my first EUC, KS S18. 

The wheel is supposed to be the molicel version, but I can't find any documents or markings that says it's molicel. 

..and the user manual says 1110 Wh for battery capacity. 

How can I know what battery I got? 

• Like 2

Where did you buy from? If it's from ewheels or a similarly reputable dealer, you can trust them. And you can always ask the seller how you can check (if you can - not sure).

It's totally expected that the manual says 1110Wh, that's just the standard manual. In the world of EUCs, it's a miracle to get anything resembling a manual at all. You certainly cannot expect a custom manual for a dealer-provided variant (I don't think KS themselves offer alternative batteries). So that means nothing.

On 1/26/2023 at 9:28 PM, mishoo said:

I just unboxed my first EUC, KS S18. 

The wheel is supposed to be the molicel version, but I can't find any documents or markings that says it's molicel. 

..and the user manual says 1110 Wh for battery capacity. 

How can I know what battery I got? 

open the king song app and go to device info after pressing the gear symbol in the upper rh corner.

mine says 906wh,(although the vendors say 903wh, shows what they know) so i know it's molicel. the other batteries will say 1110wh.

very easy.

grats on a great first wheel, or any wheel. all u need!

A5E0EC0B-E1C1-4199-B767-1442133DF6DE.thumb.png.2fba1a9b108cb8021a031dc1e63c17be.png

Edited by novazeus

plug the charger into the wheel first, then plug the charger into a wall socket. 

leave it plugged in about three hours after the light on the charger turns green.

then unplug the charger from the wall, the s18 headlight will flash, and then unplug the charger from ur wheel.

if u do it this way, the wheel will turn off. if not, it stays on, not balancing but bluetooth is still on. u can check it with the app and see if it connects, if it does, power the wheel on then off, and it will shut down completely.

36 minutes ago, novazeus said:

open the king song app and go to device info after pressing the gear symbol in the upper rh corner.

mine says 906wh,(although the vendors say 903wh, shows what they know) so i know it's molicel. the other batteries will say 1110wh.

very easy.

grats on a great first wheel, or any wheel. all u need!

A5E0EC0B-E1C1-4199-B767-1442133DF6DE.thumb.png.2fba1a9b108cb8021a031dc1e63c17be.png

That's cool, your wheel knows! Mine got its molicels as a retrofit, the KS app still thinks it has 1110 Wh of battery. Must be a firmware difference! (I'm on 2.16... I wonder if I should see if there's a molicel firmware version... get a little more oomf. Probably not)

Hmmmmm. 2.19 is in the list. But I don't feel that lucky.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

That's cool, your wheel knows! Mine got its molicels as a retrofit, the KS app still thinks it has 1110 Wh of battery. Must be a firmware difference! (I'm on 2.16... I wonder if I should see if there's a molicel firmware version... get a little more oomf. Probably not)

Hmmmmm. 2.19 is in the list. But I don't feel that lucky.

here's mine 2.19, and the app says it's up to date but i know that means nothing!

and btw, this is how it came to me, factory sealed box from studio amg. great service and great prices.

4CBCEEFD-15E0-4794-8E7C-8821B4FE5949.thumb.jpeg.0b0158c499d453ff70c7425b2d159397.jpeg

Edited by novazeus
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

of course, going to 2.19 probably means my wheel would acquire vampire mode.

Good to know though, thanks!

yeah it is weird the bluetooth stays on if u snatch the charger plug from the wheel first. 

i guess the charger turns on the bluetooth and turns it off when the charger isn't energized anymore.

There is a good side to vampire mode though... if your wheel is all charged up but unexpectedly you're not going to be riding it for a while, it's simpler to get it back to storage voltage!

Always looking for the bright side, it's the generic copium.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1